T's Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm

The percent change column will show you the gap on open so you know which chart to check out first. Get rid of all the unessessary columns = less confusion. Pay particular attention the the last two #'s, this is the pip amount.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 am

tmanbone wrote:Send me the link to your trade plan. Scalp, swing, or position trade? What are your hours? How much time do you monitor the markets? How many pairs are you watching?

www.fxcmmicro.com , $50 to open an account. minimum deposits of $25 thereafter.

I guess I am swing trading since the trading is now based on Semas. (the only definition I know for certain is scalping. too lazy to confirm the meaning on the others.)

I'm fortunate enough to have a job that lets me keep my personal laptop open right next to my work laptop (i'd love to show a picture of my sweet setup...but I still need the job soo... :oops: )
So that gives me NY EST anywhere from 7A (wakeup) -7P (depending what time I get in work is how late I stay.) {It would be AWESOME if I worked in England/Europe with that type of free access during their business hours. Plus I go home and watch asian till bedtime (listening for audio alerts, not WATCHING.)
I guess you could say I'm available for everything except London session. But for my new trading, I might set an alarm sometimes to catch a middle-of-the-night 3Sema. (No way in hell am I waking up for 2Semas, lol.)

~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am

Are you talking about an indi?

EDIT: this question was directed to Tman it just appeared after Tyger's comment.
Last edited by trueblueTEX on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:43 am

What are you doing with the sema when you find it?

T

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 am

I forgot to answer to answer, I'm trading AJ Long & EJ Short.

Several options, so the entries might be considered Discretionary. It's a bit long to write out, I'm willing to, but I'd like to at least prove that it is worthwhile first, before I take all the time and marking up pics and writing explanations and whatnot.

I'm going back over your post, did you want a link to my trading plan or my trading company??

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am

To your plan. What you do when x happens. IMO if you don't have your plan ironed out you should still be on demo. It looks to me your at the stage where you are trying a little of this and a little of that, still working on getting something together, that works for you. Show me something basic/simple in writing that I can follow. Thanks,

T

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 pm

tmanbone wrote:To your plan. What you do when x happens. IMO if you don't have your plan ironed out you should still be on demo. It looks to me your at the stage where you are trying a little of this and a little of that, still working on getting something together, that works for you. Show me something basic/simple in writing that I can follow. Thanks,

Oh! That would be
[highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight]
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46790#46790 .

I hope you follow the progress as well.

Yes, I'm still at the stage of trying out this-and-that, getting something together, that's indeed what I was explaining here. But I'm no system-hopper by any means. And anything I've tried always gets revisited mentally, to see how newer lessons I've learned might have made my past trading methodologies better.

I DO know though that I wouldn't have put in anywhere near as much screen time AND thorough-brain-thinking (both conscious & subconscious) when I am away from the screen; if I was only on demo. Somehow, it makes it easier for me to [s]tell people to leave me the hell alone[/s] not get distracted by outside things, when it's real money I'm trying to grow or at risk of losing. Like I said, I need it for the stronger sense of self-motivation.

My trading plan/training wheels is about as basic/simple as I will be. The entries involve several options and yada yada as I explained in my previous post. I think I properly use the word to call it 'Discretionary' (a catalogue of options to respond to a specific cause; yes??/no??) I see some things in it already that I will probably change, but not enough for me to do the rewrite on it yet.

I can quickly say that when Sema appears on H1, I use the M15/M45CC to enter. The CC is actively adjusted, and entries chosen based on which formation presents itself.

~Krane

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:Are you talking about an indi?

EDIT: this question was directed to Tman it just appeared after Tyger's comment.

No. I was talking about the ADVFN site. MT4 is delayed on Sun open for me. I couldn't get TRO's gap stats indi to function. Does your MT4 show it's first tick at 5:01 Sunday est?

T

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:43 pm

I have a bar at that time. I don't have TRO's gap stat indi. Is it donational? I have the 2010 donationals and don't seem to find it.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:56 pm

T

Return to “beginners forum”