Really don't know where to begin

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

toddE wrote:ok, so where to start but from the beginning I guess. I clicked on the first link you provided and started reading. Got to the bottom of page 1 and realized there were 174 pages to go...come on, really!?
Got to page 9 and was a little put off and discouraged by what I was reading. Got to page 10 and found this little gem:
TheRumpledOne wrote:What is the fascination some traders have with SQUIGGLY LINE indicators?

I see people spending a lot of time on them.

DON'T YOU REALIZE THEY ARE A MYTH?

SEE PRICE.

SEE PRICE MOVE.

SEE PRICE MOVE UP.

SEE PRICE MOVE DOWN.

THOSE ARE THE ONLY WAYS THAT PRICE MOVES.

SEE TIME.

WHAT TIME IS IT?

WHAT'S THE PRICE?

WHAT TIME IS IT NOW?

WHAT'S THE PRICE?

DID PRICE GO UP OR DOWN?

IT IS ALL RELATIVE!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK A SQUIGGLY LINE INDICATOR IS GOING TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR EYES CAN'T TELL YOU?

DO YOU BELIEVE THERE IS SOME MAGIC FORMULA THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE THE FUTURE?

WHAT IS THE HIGH OF THE DAY?

IS PRICE NEAR THAT HIGH?

IS PRICE GETTING CLOSER TO THAT HIGH?

IS PRICE AT THE HIGH OF THE DAY?

IS PRICE MAKING A NEW HIGH?

IS PRICE MOVING AWAY FROM THE NEW HIGH OF THE DAY?

WHAT IS THE LOW OF THE DAY?

IS PRICE NEAR THAT LOW ?

IS PRICE GETTING CLOSER TO THAT LOW ?

IS PRICE AT THE LOW OF THE DAY?

IS PRICE MAKING A NEW LOW ?

IS PRICE MOVING AWAY FROM THE NEW LOW OF THE DAY?

TRADING IS SIMPLE.

DO NOT COMPLICATE IT.

Will continue reading in the morning, thanks

-todd

yep, sometimes you read something which are the little gems or
missing parts in the puzzle

it also helped me , 2take notes along the way together with from which thread/page i took it.
sometimes i just reread my notes ; or jump back into a thread to reread
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

toddE

Postby toddE » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Been half watching the markets today and half reading the first forum thread link provided by TygerKrane. Currently I am only on page 64 :|
I suppose if there's one thing (so far) which can be learned by painstakingly reading every bloody page on this forum, it is the simplicity of the entry rules provided by TRO's method.

LONG ENTRY CRITERIA when price is within 20-pips of the daily low:

1) RED CANDLE CLOSES

2) GREEN CANDLE CLOSES

3) PRICE TOUCHES HIGH OF PREVIOUS GREEN CANDLE - ENTER LONG.

STOP LOSS IS ALWAYS 10 PIPS.

TAKE PROFIT WHEN YOU CAN.

Some things are still fuzzy (mainly platform familiarity) but I'll keep reading. 8-[

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am

forexbob wrote:It also helped me , 2take notes along the way together with from which thread/page i took it. sometimes i just reread my notes ; or jump back into a thread to reread

That was something I meant to mention yesterday. Take notes, lots of notes. Make sure they make sense....Im not kidding! You have no idea how many notes I've made and when I go back to rereading them months later I don't know what I meant. :)
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

martinmoore

Postby martinmoore » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

My advise:start from free forex robot by Rita Lasker. Robot works 24 hours. Support can help you and guys on this forum too) you will have stable income and about 100 dollars every day..

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 pm

martinmoore wrote:My advise:start from free forex robot by Rita Lasker. Robot works 24 hours. Support can help you and guys on this forum too) you will have stable income and about 100 dollars every day..

show just the proof of your live account.

and in the end we are all billionaires :-)

just learn to trade

The robot is rubbish and the Rita Lasker site is just fishing for a stack of e-mail addresses to plug her next wonder EA which will cost you!

all the forums are flooded with this 'wonder'

dream-on
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

toddE

Postby toddE » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm

Finally finished the 177-page thread regarding DTB rat reversal entries!
Some unanswered questions still remain, such as:
What does H1 stand for?
I was left to assume that M5 & M15 are just the 5- & 15-min time frames?
If a green rat, after the red bar closes, does the following green bar have to be a lower low than previous bar? Also, should it be an outside bar, or can it be an inside bar?
It seems the rat system is presented as one with only a few simple rules, but after reading through that forum there seemed to be some other guidelines which were followed yet not mentioned (i.e. trading in the direction of the weekly Open and/or higher time frame). Is this correct?

Oh well, now to continue trolling through this new-found forum.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:42 pm

MT4 lingo H1= 1 hour, M5= 5 minute, so on and so forth, keep reading, it will all come together.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 pm

toddE wrote:Finally finished the 177-page thread regarding DTB rat reversal entries!
Some unanswered questions still remain, such as:
What does H1 stand for?
I was left to assume that M5 & M15 are just the 5- & 15-min time frames?
If a green rat, after the red bar closes, does the following green bar have to be a lower low than previous bar? Also, should it be an outside bar, or can it be an inside bar?
It seems the rat system is presented as one with only a few simple rules, but after reading through that forum there seemed to be some other guidelines which were followed yet not mentioned (i.e. trading in the direction of the weekly Open and/or higher time frame). Is this correct?

Hi toddE,
I hope you realized that all those links I posted are just various posts within the DTB - Like A Rat thread. I just broke them down like that for easy access to some of the main points of the thread...but it's definitely better to go through the thread like you did.

Brookmyre wrote:
forexbob wrote:It also helped me , 2take notes along the way together with from which thread/page i took it. sometimes i just reread my notes ; or jump back into a thread to reread

That was something I meant to mention yesterday. Take notes, lots of notes. Make sure they make sense....Im not kidding! You have no idea how many notes I've made and when I go back to rereading them months later I don't know what I meant. :)

Also, when I do my cut & paste notes, I include a link to the exact post, so that if necessary i can go back and check out the note in the context of the thread. If you didn't catch it, this "" icon {next to 'Posted: <Date>'} gives you the link to the exact post.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 pm

toddE wrote:Finally finished the 177-page thread regarding DTB rat reversal entries!

After Red Candle closes(#1), the next candle closes Green(#2). for candle (#3) go long at the extreme <the highest point> of candle (#2).
Does not matter what shape (#2) is.

Other guidelines are meant to keep beginners out of trouble; in addition to the fact that if you are a Green Rat, you gotta let the Red Rats eat sometimes too; and vice versa.

I'm sure those other guidelines are mentioned two or three times in there, as question/answer posts. They're not posted up there every three pages like the Rat Reversal rules.

2009.05.30 RULE OF THUMB: DO NOT REVERSE ON BREAKOUT CANDLES

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

toddE

Postby toddE » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks for the responses TygerKrane. I did realize that most of those links were links within the overall link. It was a very insightful and inspiring topic of discussion.
The reason I made reference to the character of the reversal candle is b/c I noticed entries posted by TRO that didn't enter on the candle high immediately following the red candle. Case in point:

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

RESULTS.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

Return to “beginners forum”