PP2 trading journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

pp2

Postby pp2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 am

bettlebox wrote:HI PP2

The way i see is these more exprienced traders like Manta and MO have thier trade plans locked down. Its become so ingrained in them that its become reflex action. They know it works and have confidence in there abilities. This frees them to made comments throw your trade plans and focus on money.

Now for me im still learning and developing my trade style i need my trade plan i need statements like "focus on your trading instead money. When i become a more skilled trader and have things become so ingrained.I will be able to make comments like manta and MO. When i have built my confidence in my trading style then and only then will i start focusing on streamling how i make money.

You more exprienced guy got to remember im still learning and developing a trade style. How the hell am i going to make money if havent got trading principles ingrained in me?

Making comments like this just adds to peoples confusion and development. Just ego tripping.

i am sorry for ranting , i really hate it when more exprienced people make assumptions and think everyone is on there level. I seen and suffered from it in job as network engineer.

sorry but it needs to be said.
Please dont take it heart and have a go at me. Or think im disrespectful because i have deepest respect for everyone here at kreslik.
BB

pp2 wrote:Thanks for visiting guys :)

Confusing, how can not have a target in head every day and aim for that target like so many advocate, here there and everywhere? :?

There are some camps that say don't thinking about money, trade to trade well.

On the other hand I see some traders thinking about money ... and doing well.

All I can say is that thinking about money whilst trading is 'pointless' because why do you need this added stress when you are trading in real time?

yep, logical BUT honestly applying this thinking takes time and discipline, time and effort on my part, something I'm not giving up on :twisted: 8) (no determined smiley so use the evil one :))

Sorry but did I write something bad or attack someone? (in my head I'm saying WTF huh?)

This journal has always been my personal journey naked soul bared out, always my mistakes shown so I can get some constructive feedback.

I ALWAYS acknowledged and respect 'everyone's' comments and views but when am I showing off? you say ego..I forty years old so past all that already and time to get my trading in order.

This chatting by website forum is not the best medium to convey meaning, I'm sorry no bad intended to anyone.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

These comments were to remind more exprienced traders (like manta comments about throw trade plan out window and focus on money), i forgot i was replying to you. I got carried away bit.

Wish i just kept my mouth shut now.

pp2 wrote:
bettlebox wrote:HI PP2

The way i see is these more exprienced traders like Manta and MO have thier trade plans locked down. Its become so ingrained in them that its become reflex action. They know it works and have confidence in there abilities. This frees them to made comments throw your trade plans and focus on money.

Now for me im still learning and developing my trade style i need my trade plan i need statements like "focus on your trading instead money. When i become a more skilled trader and have things become so ingrained.I will be able to make comments like manta and MO. When i have built my confidence in my trading style then and only then will i start focusing on streamling how i make money.

You more exprienced guy got to remember im still learning and developing a trade style. How the hell am i going to make money if havent got trading principles ingrained in me?

Making comments like this just adds to peoples confusion and development. Just ego tripping.

i am sorry for ranting , i really hate it when more exprienced people make assumptions and think everyone is on there level. I seen and suffered from it in job as network engineer.

sorry but it needs to be said.
Please dont take it heart and have a go at me. Or think im disrespectful because i have deepest respect for everyone here at kreslik.
BB

pp2 wrote:Thanks for visiting guys :)

Confusing, how can not have a target in head every day and aim for that target like so many advocate, here there and everywhere? :?

There are some camps that say don't thinking about money, trade to trade well.

On the other hand I see some traders thinking about money ... and doing well.

All I can say is that thinking about money whilst trading is 'pointless' because why do you need this added stress when you are trading in real time?

yep, logical BUT honestly applying this thinking takes time and discipline, time and effort on my part, something I'm not giving up on :twisted: 8) (no determined smiley so use the evil one :))

Sorry but did I write something bad or attack someone? (in my head I'm saying WTF huh?)

This journal has always been my personal journey naked soul bared out, always my mistakes shown so I can get some constructive feedback.

I ALWAYS acknowledged and respect 'everyone's' comments and views but when am I showing off? you say ego..I forty years old so past all that already and time to get my trading in order.

This chatting by website forum is not the best medium to convey meaning, I'm sorry no bad intended to anyone.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:23 pm

When Manta says "focus on the money" it is because the money is what is important.

It is comical that you believe that I am telling you to add lots for any other reason than to insure your success.

Making pips is the result of BEING IN THE MARKET AT THE TIME OF THE MOVE.
You can't "practice" being in the market, it is just something that you do when you recognize that missing a move is more costly than losing space.

If you trade at a size of 3 lots and you add 2 lots (or 1 then another) then a 180 pip move is worth 300: (5/3) * 180.
This means that I made 180 pips & -300 is break even....I can lose 119 more pips than I have gained and still have a profit of 1 pip (in distance, there are other costs to consider).
If you get your lot size to 20 then that same 180 pip gain has a 3 lot value of 1,200 pips.

It is this enormous money edge combined with being in the market when it decides to move that increases your account rapidly.

If you want to "practice" making each pip yourself then have at it.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Its obivious you missed my point. Im not going to explain it again.
sorry for messing up your log PP2.

BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

"i really hate it when more exprienced people make assumptions"

The more experienced you are, the harder it is to describe what it is you are doing!

It is almost better to learn from someone who is always just a little better than you are and climb the expert ladder... It is difficult to find an expert who can deconstruct what they are doing in a way that inexperienced people can understand and progress to.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Let's say I was learning to ride horses.

I have a teacher that is an olympic gold medalist and is one of the most experienced riders in the world.

Would I benefit more from their teachings when I was first starting out or later when I was more experienced?

Probably later on, after I already had a good foundation and I'd be able to pick up on more subtle differences that make a difference.
Life is just a journey

pp2

Postby pp2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 am

What a storm!

First, I'm very grateful to all kreslik members. I've learnt much here regardless of level. Seniors here are seniors, putting 'any' information out without any self serving purpose is a beautiful thing, much love to you guys.

An oaf or stated comical I accept, I've also accepted that I'm not smart and I have an average intelligence. I'm anti logical, right side brainer, a dreamer. I don't even consider myself a trader but someone who believes if I don't take a chance in this undertaking, I'd be stuck (and my kid) in 'prostitution' until the end of my days, and that is something I can't accept. I like trading. When I have a winning streak its great, then me gets in the way when I lose one or two.

Things going for me is my personal persistence, price goes up and down on all time frames and in waves. Compounding also works. Small account to big account also works.

So can someone confirm in the last sentence that my observations are correct or am I just dreaming??

If so then I'm on the right path and adjusting my perception to suit trading as best as I can.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 am

BB, I interpreted your postings wrong buddy. Thanks for your understanding and please feel free to comment or criticize me with no restraint. :)

pp2

Postby pp2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 am

PT, I think I understand maybe 20% of MOs posts. Does not mean I give up on his stuff but I think maybe I could gradually will get it on a unconscious level ... I HOPE :)

Thanks for the metaphors to portray your meaning. ;)

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 am

"An oaf or stated comical I accept, I've also accepted that I'm not smart and I have an average intelligence. I'm anti logical, right side brainer, a dreamer. I don't even consider myself a trader but someone who believes if I don't take a chance in this undertaking, I'd be stuck (and my kid) in 'prostitution' until the end of my days, and that is something I can't accept."

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream;

not only plan, but also believe

Even if trading is not the path, there are many other paths that lead out of "prostitution"

Fail, Fail, Fail, Fail...Huge Success! :)
Life is just a journey

Return to “beginners forum”