PP2 trading journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

pp2

Postby pp2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Some scalps going with all the htf bias today

Looks like it might break lower but cautious

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 pm

bettlebox wrote:Im still testing 3CC as trading method, but this picture (which i added some stuff to) from Tyger clued me in to how to look for setup on 3CC.

the picture is a 1CC bit just expand it out for 3CC. You can see as price is coming down every previous low of CC is potential line, you want to see price close across or holding the line.

as price is falling you asking yourself at every extreme is price holding the line, of course the highest probility trades are from pervious S/R areas.

entries are found by look for 1of CC reaching beyond the other 2 CC for the line, like this. Like MO says "Body in direction of profit wicks in the direction of lost"

heres the full picture than Pebbletrader posted on my log.

BB

Thanks BB, I don't pretend to understand all of it and it will need some more thought on part.

Am I correct in thinking that 3CC is just for analysis on the higher time frame and entry is up to individual to get a better price?

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:41 pm

MO says best in this post
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56833#56833

But basically it like you got your eye on higher time frame but your trading single candles.

Let higher timeframes guide you and get your entry down at lower timeframes.

BB

pp2 wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Im still testing 3CC as trading method, but this picture (which i added some stuff to) from Tyger clued me in to how to look for setup on 3CC.

the picture is a 1CC bit just expand it out for 3CC. You can see as price is coming down every previous low of CC is potential line, you want to see price close across or holding the line.

as price is falling you asking yourself at every extreme is price holding the line, of course the highest probility trades are from pervious S/R areas.

entries are found by look for 1of CC reaching beyond the other 2 CC for the line, like this. Like MO says "Body in direction of profit wicks in the direction of lost"

heres the full picture than Pebbletrader posted on my log.

BB

Thanks BB, I don't pretend to understand all of it and it will need some more thought on part.

Am I correct in thinking that 3CC is just for analysis on the higher time frame and entry is up to individual to get a better price?
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks BB, that cleared up one thing :D

pp2

Postby pp2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 am

Just got to the charts now. Let's see if I can find the major and minor direction for my intraday trading today and this week.

EU

To me Weekly says down, big bar goes into a major pivot level. It'll be nice to trade back up to the 50% of this weekly down bar.

Daily also saying down, paying attention to OCHL and 50% of last week.

Confluence levels lining up

That's it for now.

Missed the move up for a few pips which happened about three hours ago. Guess not to dwell on this, keep trudging along and be patient.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Very clear short. Out some at H4 50%, letting the rest ride to H4 BO

withnail

Postby withnail » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm

pp2 wrote:Very clear short. Out some at H4 50%, letting the rest ride to H4 BO

Nice trade. Me, you and bettlebox all took some money out of that move it seems :D Just for learning would you mind explaining a bit why it was very clear to you (also entry is a bit unclear to me also as chart is small). Then we have 3 view points. Thanks Withnail.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Cool nice trade guys :)

withnail wrote:
pp2 wrote:Very clear short. Out some at H4 50%, letting the rest ride to H4 BO

Nice trade. Me, you and bettlebox all took some money out of that move it seems :D Just for learning would you mind explaining a bit why it was very clear to you (also entry is a bit unclear to me also as chart is small). Then we have 3 view points. Thanks Withnail.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks guys, I saw you got some pips too BB :)

Withnail, sorry about the pics, will try and make them clearer next time :)

pp2

Postby pp2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:04 am

Yesterday daily candle body did close lower than the pink box yet the body close ok strong compared to its previous day. But thinking shorts if H4/H1 agree.

If today is bullish I would expect it to retrace to fibs 275X to 273X before moving up. EDIT: or it could just blow all the way up without a retrace :P

Would like to post more charts but gotta go out now, see all in London open.

Return to “beginners forum”