Potential Setups

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

RicG

Postby RicG » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:27 am

Possible YM setup:

(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

RicG

Postby RicG » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

YM broke to new structure highs today. Setup invalidated.

RicG wrote:Possible YM setup:

(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

RicG

Postby RicG » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:51 pm

6E getting closing to Trigger Line. Might hit entry in the next day or two.

RicG wrote:Possible setup on 6e. I don't trade it, but will track it here to see what happens:

RicG

Postby RicG » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

NQ possibly setting up. Still a long ways away from the Trigger Line, but depending on the FOMC stuff this afternoon, price might move down that far today. Won't stand in front of it if price pounds down to the trigger upon the announcement, but will be ready to enter if I get the right look.

RicG

Postby RicG » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 pm

6E trader hit Trigger Line. Price only went below it by 3 ticks. Moved up quickly close to Target 1. As mentioned in the initial post of this setup, I don't trade 6E, but just tracking it here to show this harmonic pattern setup.

Had I taken this trade, I would now move my Initial Stop Loss to break-even. And if it stalls at the current price, would take one-fourth of my position off here since it got to within 8 ticks of Target 1 and it's now a can't-lose trade.

Will continue to track the progress.

RicG wrote:6E getting closing to Trigger Line. Might hit entry in the next day or two.

RicG wrote:Possible setup on 6e. I don't trade it, but will track it here to see what happens:

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:39 am

Two new potential setups - ES and YM:

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Final summary for the 6E setup (didn't take this trade as I don't trade 6E - just showing example).

Price moved down overnight to the break-even stop loss on the balance of the position, so it would've netted a minimum of 35 ticks. Had I actually taken the trade, I would've exited the final position prior to going to break-even as I don't hold overnight.

RicG wrote:6E trader hit Trigger Line. Price only went below it by 3 ticks. Moved up quickly close to Target 1. As mentioned in the initial post of this setup, I don't trade 6E, but just tracking it here to show this harmonic pattern setup.

Had I taken this trade, I would now move my Initial Stop Loss to break-even. And if it stalls at the current price, would take one-fourth of my position off here since it got to within 8 ticks of Target 1 and it's now a can't-lose trade.

Will continue to track the progress.

RicG wrote:6E getting closing to Trigger Line. Might hit entry in the next day or two.

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:19 pm

YM moved up to new structure highs. That setup now invalid. The ES setup is still valid if it moves down to trigger line, but looking like it probably won't.

RicG wrote:Two new potential setups - ES and YM:

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Well the NQ potential setup posted last Wednesday FINALLY triggered today. The futures have been meandering around for about a week. This mornings Minimum Bid Rate change, finally got things moving. Thank you Mr. Draghi. (First time, and probably last time I ever say that.....lol).

Took it long at 36.25 and exited 1/4 position at 51.25 for +15.00 points. Moved stop loss on balance of position to break-even. Now in a no-risk trade.

RicG wrote:NQ possibly setting up. Still a long ways away from the Trigger Line, but depending on the FOMC stuff this afternoon, price might move down that far today. Won't stand in front of it if price pounds down to the trigger upon the announcement, but will be ready to enter if I get the right look.

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:35 pm

NQ price stalled and started moving back down, so I moved stop on 3/4 position up to plus 2.00 points.

Summary:

1st contract , plus 15.00 points
2nd contract, plus 2.00 points
3rd contract, plus 2.00 points
4th contract, plus 2.00 points

Total: Plus 21.00 points

RicG wrote:Well the NQ potential setup posted last Wednesday FINALLY triggered today. The futures have been meandering around for about a week. This mornings Minimum Bid Rate change, finally got things moving. Thank you Mr. Draghi. (First time, and probably last time I ever say that.....lol).

Took it long at 36.25 and exited 1/4 position at 51.25 for +15.00 points. Moved stop loss on balance of position to break-even. Now in a no-risk trade.

RicG wrote:NQ possibly setting up. Still a long ways away from the Trigger Line, but depending on the FOMC stuff this afternoon, price might move down that far today. Won't stand in front of it if price pounds down to the trigger upon the announcement, but will be ready to enter if I get the right look.

Return to “beginners forum”