Multi Time-Frame Analysis

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: Multi Time-Frame Analysis

Postby Mira » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:45 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
MrsViolet wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Even without the pa info that TRO mentions, it seems to me all the information you needed was on your screen on the right.

Any down "trend" was tagged as weak against a strong Daily trend upwards and a scalp trade entry only was advised.

Okay the other thing is time-frame alignment you see on the info board its daily and H1 if I want to enter on M15 which time-frames should I follow ?

For 15-min I personally (if forced to chose only one) would use H1.

I’m doing my MTF analysis using H4 & M15 charts.. however sometimes I want to take a look at the H1 or at the D1 to confirm my idea.

Very interesting the LeM’s “method” about looking for an opposite level to be taken out on the lower time frame btw.
I spent all the week on re-defining things.. I’ll post my plan asap to see what you guys think about it.

Thanks to everybody
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am

You do not filter. You take losses in stride. When you filter, you filter out winners. You don't know which way price will go. So long as your risk management is in place, you know the worst case (barring unforeseen events).
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

trojoh68

Postby trojoh68 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 pm

For me, if my trigger is on the 1-min, I am looking at the 5-min.

One time frame higher.

However on top of that, I would know what the H1 or H4 is doing. You could play it H4 and Daily as an alternative.

Doing it this way means that if say the H1 is showing Buy, I am looking at the 5-min to move from a sell into a buy look to match.

As soon as I see that, it's down onto the 1-min and looking to get in long on a micro sell move as it changes to buy.

So basically (in the language of ''normal'' trading) all I am doing is working at buying dips on a small-scale trend (and obviously flipped for short side action).[/quote]

LeM,

If you would, look at the following charts and share what you will concerning your statements above. Thanks!

trojoh68

Doing it this way means that if say the H1 is showing Buy

I am looking at the 5-min to move from a sell into a buy look to match. At what point does this happen?

As soon as I see that, it's down onto the 1-min and looking to get in long on a micro sell move as it changes to buy. I added the M1 to see if you would mark where that occurs in relation to the M5.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”