Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

kiwiarian

Re: Patterns Observation.

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:Done for the day, for the 2nd time today both on AU but yeah... let's just jog.

IgazI wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Lolz right.

The challenge here is how to achieve:

htf results ≥ ltf results

Darvas and Jesse achieved it through the use of very tight stops: after getting stopped, they would watch the price action to see if they should be out or if they should get right back in. . .

I know the answer is 'tight stops at all times', but I tend to be a bit generous with my points; I just don't like trading with stops in place.

Tight stops works but problem is, the dots reach the prices faster on htf. In M1, it requires more than 10 or even 20 dots to reach for ltf to reach certain heights in price but prolly only 1 dot in H1. This translates to missed prime entry opportunity. So if I were to achieve or get more % gain in htf then i must be thinking about scalping that tf.

not that many opportunity due to speed to reaching price.png
abundantly provided on ltf.png

Also I would be tempted to go to ltf if I must use tight stops all the time :lol:

However, if I were to ride the momentum beyond daily candle (0) then it defeats the purpose.

So I guess my best bet would be to find something with a strong hit rate coupled with bigger risk (layered or even parlayed). As for the trading method, right now I have Catch The Tail and Strat's 123 in mind. I haven't discussed Catch The Tail in deTail yet (pun intended) :lol:

Or do you guys have some ideas for me to try?

deTail and 123 sounds good, Mo did 1/3 dots as well on the hourly chart looking back at the NLA thread ?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:19 pm

kiwiarian wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:Done for the day, for the 2nd time today both on AU but yeah... let's just jog.

IgazI wrote:
Darvas and Jesse achieved it through the use of very tight stops: after getting stopped, they would watch the price action to see if they should be out or if they should get right back in. . .

I know the answer is 'tight stops at all times', but I tend to be a bit generous with my points; I just don't like trading with stops in place.

Tight stops works but problem is, the dots reach the prices faster on htf. In M1, it requires more than 10 or even 20 dots to reach for ltf to reach certain heights in price but prolly only 1 dot in H1. This translates to missed prime entry opportunity. So if I were to achieve or get more % gain in htf then i must be thinking about scalping that tf.

Also I would be tempted to go to ltf if I must use tight stops all the time :lol:

However, if I were to ride the momentum beyond daily candle (0) then it defeats the purpose.

So I guess my best bet would be to find something with a strong hit rate coupled with bigger risk (layered or even parlayed). As for the trading method, right now I have Catch The Tail and Strat's 123 in mind. I haven't discussed Catch The Tail in deTail yet (pun intended) :lol:

deTail and 123 sounds good, Mo did 1/3 dots as well on the hourly chart looking back at the NLA thread ?

And and and :) is this purely technical analysis, or looking at something like this for bias?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtfxA7BocBA
and and and
https://charts.equityclock.com/australi ... onal-chart
ooh, April looks like a good month.........

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:50 am

Done for the day 1st.
Horis.
2 deaths, 1 re-entry big bang, 1 big bang.

horis in and out.png
horis in and out.png (22.98 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

If you look at it, it's in and out like IgazI said but you must know what to look for and when because there are different sizes of that black box and different speed (1 fractal, 2 fractals, 3 fractals etc)

IgazI wrote:I think of a chart as a series of snapshots capturing a moving object.

If you are looking for 10 or 20 dots (snapshots) between prices then look for the same from the larger chart and adjust your price and time investment expectations accordingly.

Small stops can be used on any TF, it is just not going to be based on the technicals; if 4 points is 'too big' for a ltf renko then 4 points is plenty for a stop.

The way I have my split-tape figure chart set up is:
° 6 minutes x 12 prices ending in a 72 minute HL range
° 4 lines per card ending in 1/5 of a day (288 minutes)

I find myself always gravitating toward a 5, 60, 240 setup;
the largest just being used as a quick overview of the price action, the middle for structure, the lowest for decision making.

I use a 'three camera setup', for me it's ideal.

Anyway, I'm currently in the god's nowhere of Arkansas, population 190 something, with no cell service, so it might take me some time to respond.

Will try to see what I can take in.
Uhhh... like one of those "wrong turn" movies? :lol: enjoy your time!

kiwiarian wrote:

IgazI wrote:

Yeah, maybe I'm gonna revisit that thread also. Very much possible to get great ideas there.

kiwiarian wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

And and and :) is this purely technical analysis, or looking at something like this for bias?
and and and

BK and the girl? Weren't they on FXCM team from long ago?

Those things are great for long(er) term traders so it's not that suitable for me. Then again, if you think about it, I think traders need to focus what's in front of them rather than the whole community. If you are trading let's say EURUSD, you should only focus on that rather than DXY because you are trading EURUSD not DXY. There is relationship between the two (or other instruments) for sure but you want to catch what's happening on EURUSD. The chart shows the way. Analysts and hedge funds do pay attention to them but you're not them. You don't handle multiple accounts, you don't have that much deep of a pocket and you don't get paid the way they do. There is a world of difference between retail traders and them. However, if you aspire to be a hedge fund manager then by all means. There are thousands of traders who don't pay attention to other charts than the ones they are trading with and guess what, they make money just fine :) So, why do you need the extra headache if you can simplify it?
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Done for the day 1st.
Horis.
2 deaths, 1 re-entry big bang, 1 big bang.

horis in and out.png

If you look at it, it's in and out like IgazI said but you must know what to look for and when because there are different sizes of that black box and different speed (1 fractal, 2 fractals, 3 fractals etc)

IgazI wrote:I think of a chart as a series of snapshots capturing a moving object.

If you are looking for 10 or 20 dots (snapshots) between prices then look for the same from the larger chart and adjust your price and time investment expectations accordingly.

Small stops can be used on any TF, it is just not going to be based on the technicals; if 4 points is 'too big' for a ltf renko then 4 points is plenty for a stop.

The way I have my split-tape figure chart set up is:
° 6 minutes x 12 prices ending in a 72 minute HL range
° 4 lines per card ending in 1/5 of a day (288 minutes)

I find myself always gravitating toward a 5, 60, 240 setup;
the largest just being used as a quick overview of the price action, the middle for structure, the lowest for decision making.

I use a 'three camera setup', for me it's ideal.

Anyway, I'm currently in the god's nowhere of Arkansas, population 190 something, with no cell service, so it might take me some time to respond.

Will try to see what I can take in.
Uhhh... like one of those "wrong turn" movies? :lol: enjoy your time!

kiwiarian wrote:

Yeah, maybe I'm gonna revisit that thread also. Very much possible to get great ideas there.

kiwiarian wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:deTail and 123 sounds good, Mo did 1/3 dots as well on the hourly chart looking back at the NLA thread ?

and and and

BK and the girl? Weren't they on FXCM team from long ago?

Those things are great for long(er) term traders so it's not that suitable for me. Then again, if you think about it, I think traders need to focus what's in front of them rather than the whole community. If you are trading let's say EURUSD, you should only focus on that rather than DXY because you are trading EURUSD not DXY. There is relationship between the two (or other instruments) for sure but you want to catch what's happening on EURUSD. The chart shows the way. Analysts and hedge funds do pay attention to them but you're not them. You don't handle multiple accounts, you don't have that much deep of a pocket and you don't get paid the way they do. There is a world of difference between retail traders and them. However, if you aspire to be a hedge fund manager then by all means. There are thousands of traders who don't pay attention to other charts than the ones they are trading with and guess what, they make money just fine :) So, why do you need the extra headache if you can simplify it?

Not sure where she was on, she keeps coming up every now and then in my youtube list.

Your picture is almost identical to one I found on the weekend in Dojis thread with his boxes where it showed in/out etc. Really good examples.

Yeah good advice on staying focussed on what's in front of me and relevant, as a noob retail trader its quite easy to read what I think is relevant but was meant to be for another audience.
I am all for keeping it simple.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:21 am

There is a pair out there that can make this much pips in a single session. It fits Anton Kreil's description of volatility. The potential is just crazy.

There is a reason why the price stopped there. It's the zone.
There is a reason to enter right at the last red bar's close and vice versa. It's the Ghost.

See the EU session's typical day... 200++ pips, 400++ pips, 500++ pips a trade and on and on....

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 86.png (24.55 KiB) Viewed 995 times

ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 84.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 995 times

ScreenHunter 85.png
ScreenHunter 85.png (19.99 KiB) Viewed 995 times

Now we're talking more crazy stuff in this thread :lol:
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:59 am

Don_xyZ wrote:There is a pair out there that can make this much pips in a single session. It fits Anton Kreil's description of volatility. The potential is just crazy.

There is a reason to enter right at the last red bar's close and vice versa. It's the Ghost.

See the EU session's typical day... 200++ pips, 400++ pips, 500++ pips a trade and on and on....

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 85.png

Must be a GBP cross? Like nzd cad or jpy

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:49 am

Don_xyZ wrote:There is a pair out there that can make this much pips in a single session. It fits Anton Kreil's description of volatility. The potential is just crazy.

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 85.png

That first screen shot, how do you know it is the last red bar before going long? I get that a bottom wick needs to be created, but there could be a few more red bars after the one you chose, yes?
I dont know what is to the left, SnD?

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:51 am

kiwiarian wrote:

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 85.png

That first screen shot, how do you know it is the last red bar before going long? I get that a bottom wick needs to be created, but there could be a few more red bars after the one you chose, yes? I had a look at the screenshots for the Ghost from earlier but not sure on how that works sorry.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:38 pm

I wanted to find some solutions for htf trading but instead, I found something else.

Ghost Entry v.423

Ghost Entry v.423.png
Ghost Entry v.423.png (30.64 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Ghost Entry v.423 2.png
Ghost Entry v.423 2.png (23.44 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Forgot the arrows on the 2nd pic :lol:
It's becoming even more aggressive it's scary to see. Now it's gonna haunt me every day. Must pray [-o< [-o< [-o<

Everything in between is treated as always. Scalp trades.

Yirbu wrote:

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 85.png

Must be a GBP cross? Like nzd cad or jpy

Obviously one would think it's a GBP cross due to the volatility and session range but unfortunately, no.

kiwiarian wrote:

ScreenHunter 86.png
ScreenHunter 84.png
ScreenHunter 85.png

That first screen shot, how do you know it is the last red bar before going long? I get that a bottom wick needs to be created, but there could be a few more red bars after the one you chose, yes?

Q1. Because it has all the required elements before a turn. Of course with WIL.
Q2. A zone, any zone. If SnD is the only zone in your arsenal then you must expand your WIL.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:19 pm

I already updated the links about Ghost Entry on the 1st post so you can see the evolution of it up to this latest one.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Return to “beginners forum”