Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Don_xyZ

Re: Patterns Observation.

Postby Don_xyZ » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:43 am

Weekend brain exercises

Countering the Fakeys
Screenshot_20230318-091440.png
Screenshot_20230318-091440.png (141.64 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

This situation can be turned into something profitable depending on how you handle it.

Ghost Entry
Screenshot_20230318-092730.png
Screenshot_20230318-092730.png (131.06 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

This entry appear before the actual turn happen. With a little tweak it can have greater impact on catching a reversal right at the extreme zone.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:48 am

Let's do another brain exercise today. TRO's indi sweetspot gold. Can't call this an indicator as it just plot lines on prices so I put this post in this thread instead of the BONZ thread.

Ok, let's see...
Just pay attention to what the participants are doing around those levels. If you see something good, enter. If not, stay still. If it's enough, exit. If it's not enough yet, wait.

Settings for sweetspot gold:
Level: 50 solid black lines
Sub level: 25 dashdotdot blue lines

Price Lines trading.png
Price Lines trading.png (17.65 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Price Lines trading 2.png
Price Lines trading 2.png (17.63 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Price Lines trading 3.png
Price Lines trading 3.png (18.28 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Price Lines trading 4.png
Price Lines trading 4.png (16.57 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Price Lines trading 5.png
Price Lines trading 5.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Very simple, yes?
As I said in the BONZ thread, I am officially abandoning line chart and go with the dot chart. Much less object seen on the chart. Good.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:35 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Let's do another brain exercise today. TRO's indi sweetspot gold. Can't call this an indicator as it just plot lines on prices so I put this post in this thread instead of the BONZ thread.

Ok, let's see...
Just pay attention to what the participants are doing around those levels. If you see something good, enter. If not, stay still. If it's enough, exit. If it's not enough yet, wait.

Price Lines trading.png

Very simple, yes?
As I said in the BONZ thread, I am officially abandoning line chart and go with the dot chart. Much less object seen on the chart. Good.

Noice! we don't really need to connect the dots, de we.

Maybe one of these days I'll have someone code it as a barchart for you guys.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:25 pm

I've been thinking really hard to figure out how to trade without a chart. Problem is, we don't have a reliable DOM on the forex market at least on the retail outset. So I remembered that I already figured out 1 technique to do that and today, I got another one. Courtesy to Kreslik (TRO's sweetspot and MO's 8).

Yes, let's begin.

USDJPYM1.png
USDJPYM1.png (91.41 KiB) Viewed 1006 times

The kill zone is just there to let me know you know, when to hunt for pips. Or maybe I should just take them out. The lines acts like DOM itself and obviously, price level.

So now, I got 2 ways to trade without a chart. Ok, not gonna bug you more with my crazy stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: This weekend's brain exercises are the most fruitful in all of the weekends so far :)

Don's gone crazy, yes, in-freakin'-deed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:I've been thinking really hard to figure out how to trade without a chart. Problem is, we don't have a reliable DOM on the forex market at least on the retail outset. So I remembered that I already figured out 1 technique to do that and today, I got another one. Courtesy to Kreslik (TRO's sweetspot and MO's 8).

Yes, let's begin.

USDJPYM1.png

The kill zone is just there to let me know you know, when to hunt for pips. Or maybe I should just take them out. The lines acts like DOM itself and obviously, price level.

So now, I got 2 ways to trade without a chart. Ok, not gonna bug you more with my crazy stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: This weekend's brain exercises are the most fruitful in all of the weekends so far :)

Define "without a chart", because once you compare a current price to a previous price you have created a chart; a plotted path.

I might call the volume traded at each price "not a chart", but there is no way to trade it without comparing prices.

I think that it is more important to figure out exactly how much data you require and ignore everthing outside of that window: eg I use the previous two days and the current day, and even that is probably too much. . .

Let's start with less chart. . .
I don't think we'll ever get to 'no chart'.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:36 pm

IgazI wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:I've been thinking really hard to figure out how to trade without a chart. Problem is, we don't have a reliable DOM on the forex market at least on the retail outset. So I remembered that I already figured out 1 technique to do that and today, I got another one. Courtesy to Kreslik (TRO's sweetspot and MO's 8).

Yes, let's begin.

USDJPYM1.png

Define "without a chart", because once you compare a current price to a previous price you have created a chart; a plotted path.

I might call the volume traded at each price "not a chart", but there is no way to trade it without comparing prices.

I think that it is more important to figure out exactly how much data you require and ignore everthing outside of that window: eg I use the previous two days and the current day, and even that is probably too much. . .

Well, a chart is candlestick or bar or line or any combination that uses x and y axis. I don't use a candlestick or bar or line or any of them though I still need the XY axis. But that's for the first technique from more than a decade ago when I learn about 3LZZ here. I didn't really like it due to the danger or I should say my WIL was not as developed as what I have today. However, the one from today completely eliminate the X axis, the time element. All I need is the Y axis, the price ladder. Nothing else. No need for volume either. In a way, it's a DOM without the volume. There really is a way to do this. Maybe I'll find more later down the road. Who knows :lol: You say to simplify and this is the simplest I can get. This is a breakthrough for me and it needs to be perfected. I will also revisit the first technique to see what I can now do with it.

Now that I think of it, it's kinda funny how I paid for some courses to learn how to read a chart but now trying to abandon it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Using Anton Kreil's criteria, this is a good pair to trade. USDPLN. Not for scalping or session trading though.
Screenshot_20230320-014515~2.png
Screenshot_20230320-014515~2.png (28.39 KiB) Viewed 931 times
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:01 pm

IgazI wrote:

Yes, let's begin.

USDJPYM1.png

I think it will be very hard to get used to "no chart". And I doubt if it's a better option.
A couple of months ago I was thinking about this and tried some options but realized that the charts we stare at are just a visual representation of a bunch of figures. If I had a spreadsheet with live data of closing prices and the value of the sma 20 would I able able to trade it like the deadhorse? Yes I would and I am quite sure you could do that with far more ease.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
IgazI wrote:

Yes, let's begin.

USDJPYM1.png

Well, a chart is candlestick or bar or line or any combination that uses x and y axis. I don't use a candlestick or bar or line or any of them though I still need the XY axis. But that's for the first technique from more than a decade ago when I learn about 3LZZ here. I didn't really like it due to the danger or I should say my WIL was not as developed as what I have today. However, the one from today completely eliminate the X axis, the time element. All I need is the Y axis, the price ladder. Nothing else. No need for volume either. In a way, it's a DOM without the volume. There really is a way to do this. Maybe I'll find more later down the road. Who knows :lol: You say to simplify and this is the simplest I can get. This is a breakthrough for me and it needs to be perfected. I will also revisit the first technique to see what I can now do with it.

Now that I think of it, it's kinda funny how I paid for some courses to learn how to read a chart but now trying to abandon it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Using Anton Kreil's criteria, this is a good pair to trade. USDPLN. Not for scalping or session trading though.
Screenshot_20230320-014515~2.png

I'm traveling between states ATM so maybe I missed something when I read your post on my phone.

I'll take a closer look in April.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:22 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:Let's do another brain exercise today. TRO's indi sweetspot gold. Can't call this an indicator as it just plot lines on prices so I put this post in this thread instead of the BONZ thread.

Ok, let's see...

Price Lines trading.png

Very simple, yes?

sweetspot gold is NOT my indicator. I just modified it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:22 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:Let's do another brain exercise today. TRO's indi sweetspot gold. Can't call this an indicator as it just plot lines on prices so I put this post in this thread instead of the BONZ thread....

sweetspot gold is NOT my indicator. I just modified it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “beginners forum”