Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Jhx

Re: Micro SUPPA, a trading journey?

Postby Jhx » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
s**t. ill take one day like that. Even a measly 1% risk is a 30% gain. You scalpers are killing me.

You can scalp or swing and end up in the same place.
I'm not patient enough for swings.
I'm generation x and have played video games since they were invented so I think that could be why scalping suits me.
My scalping yesterday was 7R. Im conservative in my old age and risk less than 1%.
If you have 6 and 7 figure account its good money without stressing yourself out.
These days if you are a legit trader its not hard to have accounts that size.

Alias man, you're just too humble.

Now, since you guys mentioned it so much I've decided to dedicate my time to gobble up ICT's YT vids.
Upon watching several eps on mentorship I heard his saying Larry... so I also scour his vids for downloads and learn.
Guess I have my hands full for weeks now.

Charts, charts, charts...

I hope you guys caught this bear falling... this is what can happen when the conditions are right....

EURUSD M5 chart
EURUSDM5.png

The bias is still on H1 but, the D1 backing H1's move down. The target for this anchor trade was the low of yesterday.

EURUSD H1 chart
EURUSDH1.png

H1 candles are just flirting with the lower barrier of the pattern on D1 without any meaningful show of strength and then boom!

EURUSD D1 chart
EURUSDDaily.png

70R day today. Very sleepy now, gotta watch the series tomorrow. I'm not the brightest kid in school so it might take some re-watches to drill the concept(s) into my brain.

I was looking at this post you just linked to. To have really tight stops I think you need to take them at highs for shorts and lows for longs, at least that's how I see it on your chart. Were you looking for smaller patterns up there in the M1 or were you just entering off the M5 on those areas? Talk about sniper entries :shock:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:The day before yesterday I told you guys I hope I can get an anchor trade and yesterday I did. It was epic but not epic "epic", just a normal epic.

Man I should get paid for posting this kinda stuff lolz just kiddin'. Enjoy.

Hope it helps! Viva Kreslik!

Wow, very nice post Don!
Thx for describing it so detailed.
If I may summarise your post; you look for a strong bias at D1 and find an entry when H1 agrees and D1 and/or H1 plot a pattern.
When H1 starts trending you try to get in not so?

In your example you hopped on that H1 candle. Do look for an entry because you see the strong momentum (backed up by the pa on the D1)?

I'll let this post sink in because I need to digest it.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:10 am

Jhx wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
You can scalp or swing and end up in the same place.
I'm not patient enough for swings.
I'm generation x and have played video games since they were invented so I think that could be why scalping suits me.
My scalping yesterday was 7R. Im conservative in my old age and risk less than 1%.
If you have 6 and 7 figure account its good money without stressing yourself out.
These days if you are a legit trader its not hard to have accounts that size.

Alias man, you're just too humble.

Now, since you guys mentioned it so much I've decided to dedicate my time to gobble up ICT's YT vids.
Upon watching several eps on mentorship I heard his saying Larry... so I also scour his vids for downloads and learn.
Guess I have my hands full for weeks now.

Charts, charts, charts...

I hope you guys caught this bear falling... this is what can happen when the conditions are right....

EURUSD M5 chart
EURUSDM5.png

The bias is still on H1 but, the D1 backing H1's move down. The target for this anchor trade was the low of yesterday.

EURUSD H1 chart
EURUSDH1.png

H1 candles are just flirting with the lower barrier of the pattern on D1 without any meaningful show of strength and then boom!

EURUSD D1 chart
EURUSDDaily.png

70R day today. Very sleepy now, gotta watch the series tomorrow. I'm not the brightest kid in school so it might take some re-watches to drill the concept(s) into my brain.

I was looking at this post you just linked to. To have really tight stops I think you need to take them at highs for shorts and lows for longs, at least that's how I see it on your chart. Were you looking for smaller patterns up there in the M1 or were you just entering off the M5 on those areas? Talk about sniper entries :shock:

You could do it from M1 but you could also do it directly off M5 if you follow the momentum live at that time. I switch between tfs to check the situation.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:14 am

Yirbu wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:The day before yesterday I told you guys I hope I can get an anchor trade and yesterday I did. It was epic but not epic "epic", just a normal epic.

Man I should get paid for posting this kinda stuff lolz just kiddin'. Enjoy.

Hope it helps! Viva Kreslik!

Wow, very nice post Don!
Thx for describing it so detailed.
If I may summarise your post; you look for a strong bias at D1 and find an entry when H1 agrees and D1 and/or H1 plot a pattern.
When H1 starts trending you try to get in not so?

In your example you hopped on that H1 candle. Do look for an entry because you see the strong momentum (backed up by the pa on the D1)?

I'll let this post sink in because I need to digest it.

Wrong.

I mentioned this very often that I am a scalper but unlike other scalpers, I switch tfs quite often to check what's going on in the grand scheme of things and when the time is right, I switch mode from scalping to anchor trade and let the trade run. I also mentioned this a couple of times already that my scalp trades are eerily similar to Alias and IgazI way of looking at things so maybe checking them out will help you further your study into my stuff especially if you couldn't deconstruct my trades. Not saying you'll get the same stuff as me but at least you'll get the gist by looking at theirs.

Yes, understanding my trades will help you in whatever it is you're looking to achieve. I think I gave several detailed posts like this throughout this whole thread. You just have to save the pix and/or ask questions.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:46 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Wrong.

I mentioned this very often that I am a scalper but unlike other scalpers, I switch tfs quite often to check what's going on in the grand scheme of things and when the time is right, I switch mode from scalping to anchor trade and let the trade run. I also mentioned this a couple of times already that my scalp trades are eerily similar to Alias and IgazI way of looking at things so maybe checking them out will help you further your study into my stuff especially if you couldn't deconstruct my trades. Not saying you'll get the same stuff as me but at least you'll get the gist by looking at theirs.

Yes, understanding my trades will help you in whatever it is you're looking to achieve. I think I gave several detailed posts like this throughout this whole thread. You just have to save the pix and/or ask questions.

Ooo, maybe I didn't express myself clear. I am sorry.
I do know you are a scalper and I do have some understanding of how you enter because you have explained that very clear.
What I don't understand is the order of your process...
Is it you are trading and decide to anchor your position because everything lines up or does everything lines up and then you decide to trade?

While typing this I understand this is a stupid question. Never mind. Sorry for that

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:53 am

Yirbu wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:Wrong.

Ooo, maybe I didn't express myself clear. I am sorry.
I do know you are a scalper and I do have some understanding of how you enter because you have explained that very clear.
What I don't understand is the order of your process...
Is it you are trading and decide to anchor your position because everything lines up or does everything lines up and then you decide to trade?

While typing this I understand this is a stupid question. Never mind. Sorry for that

So the question is A or B. The answer is yes and yes.

Why?

Looking to anchor a trade is not a one-time thing and you're set for the day because the market is dynamic. So yes, I am trading and then decide to anchor.
However, things must also line up before I decide to trade.
It might sound confusing but it's actually not when you're doing it because you are asking (passive) and not doing (active). When you're in a live trading environment both of those things must just flow in order to have a good result.

Hope the answer's clear enough.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:42 pm

Very clear...Thx!
It does make sense...sometimes I also try to keep a part of my position and let it run to see where it ends up but there was very little logic behind it.
Sometimes it works but most of the times it doesn't.
As I am limited in "doing" because I need to focus on my "1 method" approach, for now I'll stay passive but wil try to find out if and how I can make these concepts work within my framework.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:44 pm

Yesterday I also have a very interesting day with a big bang. The first trade that I want to talk about is the 6R give or take and it produced roughly 35% (with 1% per pip risk). It was a trade taken with a mini ascending triangle pattern in mind for the completion. The other trade is the anchor trade that procured 148% (with 2% per pip risk). But let's dive into these trades so this post will be useful for you. I already mentioned before that patterns can morph mid-way or even fail completely. You can see the underlying market situation that still follows the previous detailed post I made. The overall vibe from the D1 is still there so keep this in mind. I had some other scalp trades during and after the Mini Ascending Triangle but there was no scalp trade after I put the anchor trade. Overall, the market gave me 188% yesterday.

So the important stuff, the charts...

For the D1 you can still refer to the chart I previously posted because it's still relevant.

H1

EURUSDH1 patterns are good for your pocket.png
EURUSDH1 patterns are good for your pocket.png (110.75 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

The price is still playing at the bottom trend line and in here we already have several broken patterns. Initially I though the W pattern will prevail but it failed and then Flag pattern also failed making the bearish trend continuation void. And then we have a possible Ascending Triangle pattern on the horizon and this coincide with the view that the big trend line from D1 is still valid. The pattern is small it's not worth taking if you are on a bigger tf. I took the trade on the M1 tf and the SL is too big with roughly 5 pips (4.7 pips or so). Where is the target? The target stis comfortably on the Resistance level from the previous day on H1. I was a bit hesitant to take the full measure of the Resistance level so I took the trade off the market just a few pips shy ending with around 35 pips. I thought this might be a pullback before the price drop even further.

As the price drop from the top of the day's range I noticed a potential Inverted H&S pattern which still sit neatly around the bottom trend line from the D1 tf. I took a chance this time with full force at 2% risk per pip. The target is the obvious 1st box that I described in the previous detailed post (please refer to it if you don't follow). Also, it conveniently sit where the origin of the Supply zone is. I finished with 74 pips that generated 148%.

M1

EURUSDM1 entries.png
EURUSDM1 entries.png (69.42 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

I really, really hope you guys can digest this post and that other detailed post. Patterns are simple but simple never means easy. The constant search might drain you in the beginning but as you continue doing it and progress, everything will become less burdensome. Picture yourself getting this kind of return and you'll get it. I can teach you exactly how I do it but if you yourself never think it's possible to achieve something grand then chances are you'll never get it. There are some restriction as for the % gains for some but the pip count and R is very much achievable.

@Yirbu

Yes, 1 method, 1 pair, 1 session. This post is the supporting evidence for you. Diversifying is not my thing. Why? If you start with the word diversify it means you are afraid and are taking a measure to blunt the risk. Fear and risk can be reduced by gaining knowledge, stats and experience. Once you have all of those things you should be "freed" but why do many people still have fear? It's because there is still one barrier...the mind. I already mentioned Tom Hougaard's YT channel before but if you're not familiar yet you should go there. And also Oliver Velez YT. They represent the view of aggressive traders. Hopefully, it can open your mind so you can let it work wonders for your benefit.

Gonna take early weekend now. Enjoy the learning!
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:41 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Yesterday I also have a very interesting day with a big bang. The first trade that I want to talk about is the 6R give or take and it produced roughly 35% (with 1% per pip risk). It was a trade taken with a mini ascending triangle pattern in mind for the completion. The other trade is the anchor trade that procured 148% (with 2% per pip risk). But let's dive into these trades so this post will be useful for you. I already mentioned before that patterns can morph mid-way or even fail completely. You can see the underlying market situation that still follows the previous detailed post I made. The overall vibe from the D1 is still there so keep this in mind. I had some other scalp trades during and after the Mini Ascending Triangle but there was no scalp trade after I put the anchor trade. Overall, the market gave me 188% yesterday.

For the D1 you can still refer to the chart I previously posted because it's still relevant.

H1

The price is still playing at the bottom trend line and in here we already have several broken patterns. Initially I though the W pattern will prevail but it failed and then Flag pattern also failed making the bearish trend continuation void. And then we have a possible Ascending Triangle pattern on the horizon and this coincide with the view that the big trend line from D1 is still valid. The pattern is small it's not worth taking if you are on a bigger tf. I took the trade on the M1 tf and the SL is too big with roughly 5 pips (4.7 pips or so). Where is the target? The target stis comfortably on the Resistance level from the previous day on H1. I was a bit hesitant to take the full measure of the Resistance level so I took the trade off the market just a few pips shy ending with around 35 pips. I thought this might be a pullback before the price drop even further.

As the price drop from the top of the day's range I noticed a potential Inverted H&S pattern which still sit neatly around the bottom trend line from the D1 tf. I took a chance this time with full force at 2% risk per pip. The target is the obvious 1st box that I described in the previous detailed post (please refer to it if you don't follow). Also, it conveniently sit where the origin of the Supply zone is. I finished with 74 pips that generated 148%.

M1

EURUSDM1 entries.png

I really, really hope you guys can digest this post and that other detailed post. Patterns are simple but simple never means easy. The constant search might drain you in the beginning but as you continue doing it and progress, everything will become less burdensome. Picture yourself getting this kind of return and you'll get it. I can teach you exactly how I do it but if you yourself never think it's possible to achieve something grand then chances are you'll never get it. There are some restriction as for the % gains for some but the pip count and R is very much achievable.

@Yirbu

Yes, 1 method, 1 pair, 1 session. This post is the supporting evidence for you. Diversifying is not my thing. Why? If you start with the word diversify it means you are afraid and are taking a measure to blunt the risk. Fear and risk can be reduced by gaining knowledge, stats and experience. Once you have all of those things you should be "freed" but why do many people still have fear? It's because there is still one barrier...the mind. I already mentioned Tom Hougaard's YT channel before but if you're not familiar yet you should go there. And also Oliver Velez YT. They represent the view of aggressive traders. Hopefully, it can open your mind so you can let it work wonders for your benefit.

Quick question, this might be charting 101 but still not sure.

If I were to mark this area it would pretty much look like that, and the pattern formation / failure / morphing makes total sense.
My only issue is that when plotting trend lines for larger swings I would miss that one:

Pattern_0.png
Pattern_0.png (168.35 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

Because I'd tend to look at it like this, because if not there are quite a few candles above and below the trendline.

Pattern_1.png
Pattern_1.png (91.23 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

When there is a range or smaller patterns, do you 'ignore' them for the larger swings and just go from extreme to extreme?

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 am

Jhx wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:Yesterday I also have a very interesting day with a big bang. The first trade that I want to talk about is the 6R give or take and it produced roughly 35% (with 1% per pip risk). It was a trade taken with a mini ascending triangle pattern in mind for the completion. The other trade is the anchor trade that procured 148% (with 2% per pip risk). But let's dive into these trades so this post will be useful for you. I already mentioned before that patterns can morph mid-way or even fail completely. You can see the underlying market situation that still follows the previous detailed post I made. The overall vibe from the D1 is still there so keep this in mind. I had some other scalp trades during and after the Mini Ascending Triangle but there was no scalp trade after I put the anchor trade. Overall, the market gave me 188% yesterday.

H1

M1

EURUSDM1 entries.png

@Yirbu

Quick question, this might be charting 101 but still not sure.

If I were to mark this area it would pretty much look like that, and the pattern formation / failure / morphing makes total sense.
My only issue is that when plotting trend lines for larger swings I would miss that one:

Pattern_0.png

Because I'd tend to look at it like this, because if not there are quite a few candles above and below the trendline.

Pattern_1.png

When there is a range or smaller patterns, do you 'ignore' them for the larger swings and just go from extreme to extreme?

Let's kick off with this one... There are ways to draw patterns. Some uses the extremes (high/low) others use body and the remaining the area "that is touched the most/ to include as many rejections as possible". I am from the school that uses body and the latter for drawing the trend line for the patterns. But even with the different methods. you will eventually get the general idea unless there is a very strong and big wick with extremely small body candle that might mess the pattern drawing.

As for the line, I ignored the black where you start drawing. I chose the Drop Base Drop area as the starting point of the H&S pattern and because it's far enough for the H1 tf.

There will always be a pattern(s) inside a pattern. It's up to you to choose. For me I pick based on my trade grading. If it's good I use, if not I ignore. But even if I ignore it when I see it on H1 it doesn't mean I won't take the patterns inside it that I see from the smaller tf. I keep my mind open and try not to stick to something just because "if A then B" but because I am an opportunist but also a realist in nature. The pattern might not look good on H1 but maybe there are other things on the smaller tf. So do I ignore patterns? Yes and no. I hope it's not confusing.

EURUSDH1 insights.png
EURUSDH1 insights.png (93.65 KiB) Viewed 1134 times

Another thing to note, this inverted h&s pattern is a perfect example of those crooked patterns that I mentioned before.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Return to “beginners forum”