Mercury

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

vamp

Re: Mercury

Postby vamp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Great videos. Curious if you could share how you're preparing for the week ahead. Do u set lots of price alerts? To signify the market is at your areas of interest instead of staring at the charts all day.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:48 pm

jrtrading wrote:Thanks a lot for the videos, Mercury.

If I am understanding this correctly,

Price moves from pools of liquidity and by looking at prior price action I can have a good idea of were they are: they are located at extremes. The fractal indicator essentially shows the recent highs and lows (extremes).
When a recent high/low is taken out it is a sign that price is moving further in that direction. This is only acted upon in areas shown to have high liquidity and the best areas are those high up on the chart or low on the chart, i.e. the major extremes.

I think MO said that the market exists to cancel profits in all timeframes, I wanted to ask if you see it the same way.

I also wanted to ask if you could describe how you can see that a daily high is in fact the high so to speak, what is price action telling you in such an area.

Thanks again.

JR

Sounds like you got the gest of it ;) Keep studying.
I like the fractal indicator but a simple 3 bar swing low or high can be used. The fractal indicator paints only when there's a 5 bar swing.
When price gets to an area of Liquidity I look for a (MS)MarketStructure shift, if there's a confluence of a (SR) level even better.
I don't know who MO is but he sounds like he's getting close. Price eliminates retail traders from correct positions and traps them on the wrong side as price moves from higher Timeframe price point, to higher Timeframe price point.

Sounds like you just asked a question I need to do a video on. ;) I'll show you how to narrow down what time of day the high or low of the day will be made.

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 pm

vamp wrote:Great videos. Curious if you could share how you're preparing for the week ahead. Do u set lots of price alerts? To signify the market is at your areas of interest instead of staring at the charts all day.

I set up all my charts over the weekend on two platforms. I adjust and add to them throughout the week. My charts are very clean for the most part.
No price alerts, I trade from MidAsia through LondonOpen NewyorkOpen and NewyorkClose. So I can see when price is getting to my levels basically realtime.

Sure easy video. I'll set up my charts with some music playing. Can't promise it'll be soon though most likely next Weekend.

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 am

New Video bump..Watch as I add time of day to narrow down when you need to be looking at the chart. Compounding time of day with the other concepts leads to catching the daily range.

vamp

Postby vamp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 am

Enjoyed the newest video. Thanks for sharing.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Much appreciated, Mercury.

JR

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:35 pm

New Video Bump.
Trade example2. See How I was able to capture +116 pips on a Gbp/Jpy short.

Video's should have the option for 1080p Now from this point on.

OutThisLife

Postby OutThisLife » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for producing these. It's neat to see how easy ICT really is.

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:03 pm

OutThisLife wrote:Thanks for producing these. It's neat to see how easy ICT really is.

I'm not giving him any credit till all his material is out, then I'll pick and choose what he actually deserves credit for.. All the concepts I'm using thus far can be found other places and honestly I don't use them exactly how he explains them.

OutThisLife

Postby OutThisLife » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 am

Mercury wrote:
OutThisLife wrote:Thanks for producing these. It's neat to see how easy ICT really is.

I'm not giving him any credit till all his material is out, then I'll pick and choose what he actually deserves credit for.. All the concepts I'm using thus far can be found other places and honestly I don't use them exactly how he explains them.

I see, I agree that his material is very easily found elsewhere. Good luck and good trading.

Return to “beginners forum”