Jhx's Journey

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Jhx

Re: Jhx's Journey

Postby Jhx » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:49 pm

No trades today. But that doesn't mean I don't have to watch the charts 8)

buyzone-usdcad-07-03.png
buyzone-usdcad-07-03.png (44.71 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

Bar 1: Previous high was above my zone, for 1.5~ pips, but gotta follow the plan :lol: .
Bar 2: Previous high was outside my zone.
Bar 3: Previous high was outside my zone.

But, it seems like price leaves the zone within my session almost everyday (and in my small sample of 7 days, every day).

Quoting myself from yesterday's observation, because it happened again =D>
Jhx wrote:Price broke out of the zone by +20 pips within the first 2 hours

Don't know what to do with it yet (or how), but there might be something to work with there.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:20 pm

@LeM

I'm keeping track of the weekly opens as a side note.

In 5 out of 7 days so far, the bigger moves (20+ pips away from the open, within my session) were in the direction of the weekly candle color. Note that one of the 2 that didn't had a (I believe it was news related) 110 pip move within 3 hours, which is very uncommon for this pair, so it's kind of an exception.

It would've still taken Friday's loss, but I might have been able to grab a few more pips in other trades.

Of course this is a very small sample and there are some trades that I wouldn't have taken because of the rules I'm using, but I'll write this down to not forget about it:
- Following the weekly candle might be good for catching a few more pips.
- Trading in the opposite direction to the weekly candle color might still be good for scalping a few +3 pips.

Question: (if anyone knows, feel free to share!)
How many days do you use as sample for statistics? Or does it depend on the amount of trades you take or the frequency in which you take them? I'm trying to get an idea of what I should be looking at. A week? A month? 3 months? A year?

---

Self reminder: check this again later :lol:

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 pm

I had to pick up something from university today, so I was unable to trade this morning. But in hindsight, I know I would've taken these trades:

buyzone-usdcad-07-04.png
buyzone-usdcad-07-04.png (51.66 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

Bar 1: Long
Entry at previous candle's high. SL (hit) at open. Exit at -5.

Bar 2: Short
Entry at previous candle's low. SL (hit) at open. Exit at -4.

Bar 3: Short

It touched the short trigger and bounced back. SL (hit) at the other end of the previous candle's wickzone. Exit at -4.

Technically I didn't trade any of these, but I know I would have (following my plan). This would bring my weekly total to -10, and the current total back to 0.

---

Losses are part of trading and there will be hot and cold streaks. I have to add that I don't expect to be profitable in 2 weeks; that's crazy :lol: . But is it time to tweak some things up? For example, at which point do you get the "ok maybe this needs some adjusting" moment?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Jhx wrote:I had to pick up something from university today, so I was unable to trade this morning. But in hindsight, I know I would've taken these trades:

buyzone-usdcad-07-04.png

It touched the short trigger and bounced back. SL (hit) at the other end of the previous candle's wickzone. Exit at -4.

Technically I didn't trade any of these, but I know I would have (following my plan). This would bring my weekly total to -10, and the current total back to 0.

---

Losses are part of trading and there will be hot and cold streaks. I have to add that I don't expect to be profitable in 2 weeks; that's crazy :lol: . But is it time to tweak some things up? For example, at which point do you get the "ok maybe this needs some adjusting" moment?

Would you really have traded the Dollar on The 4th of July?

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:25 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:I had to pick up something from university today, so I was unable to trade this morning. But in hindsight, I know I would've taken these trades:

buyzone-usdcad-07-04.png

---

Ah, thanks Lem. You're right. I might need to add a new, simple rule to my plan: "Don't be dumb" #-o

I had completely forgotten about it :lol:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

buyzone-usdcad-07-04.png

---

Ah, thanks Lem. You're right. I might need to add a new, simple rule to my plan: "Don't be dumb" #-o

I had completely forgotten about it :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, I once ran a system test (I was being paid for) on pairs including the Euro on Bastille Day. Didn't go well.

I very rarely forget the 4th however, as I have so many American friends!

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 am

Today's Trades (or lack there of :lol:)

buyzone-usdcad-07-06.png
buyzone-usdcad-07-06.png (49.54 KiB) Viewed 3001 times

Bar 1: No trade
News! Crazy move. As a side note, it's the 2nd time within these 2 weeks that I've seen news make big moves. They tend to retrace after these moves. Maybe these can be traded?

Bar 2: No trade
Inside bar. Huge move to the downside after going through the short trigger though.

Bar 3: No trade
Bar opened outside my buyzone.

Return to “beginners forum”