Jekell and Hyde trading

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Jekell and Hyde trading

Postby aliassmith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:So in the past month, got super sick, had some health issues and had my girl cheat on me with my ex. Great freaking time. But the one good thing about break ups is they give you so much motivation and desire to better yourself. So I already made a challenge of losing four pounds a week for 8 weeks. Which should get me pretty close to competition lean. Now I need a challenge for trading. Something I can bury my head in and just forget everything. Either need to learn something new or set an unrealistic goal and crush it. Not sure which one yet. Any suggestions?

Sorry about your misfortune. I was recently wondering if you fell off the map.

I was once told by a trader I know that if he had the right size account he could probably pull a Billion$$$$ out of the currency market in a year. So there is your unrealistic goal.

My current goal is to figure out a nice (daily)swing method for the ES so I don't have to scalp it and can just focus on the Crude. I'll need to get it set up with some alert so I can only pay attention when conditions are right. I'm really just looking for 20+ points a week. I'll run that on one computer off to the side while I scalp+ Crude. After my renko disappointment I'm thinking I'll go back to basics and use large TF momo with small timeframe entries.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:00 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:So in the past month, got super sick, had some health issues and had my girl cheat on me with my ex. Great freaking time. But the one good thing about break ups is they give you so much motivation and desire to better yourself. So I already made a challenge of losing four pounds a week for 8 weeks. Which should get me pretty close to competition lean. Now I need a challenge for trading. Something I can bury my head in and just forget everything. Either need to learn something new or set an unrealistic goal and crush it. Not sure which one yet. Any suggestions?

I was once told by a trader I know that if he had the right size account he could probably pull a Billion$$$$ out of the currency market in a year. So there is your unrealistic goal.

My current goal is to figure out a nice (daily)swing method for the ES so I don't have to scalp it and can just focus on the Crude. I'll need to get it set up with some alert so I can only pay attention when conditions are right. I'm really just looking for 20+ points a week. I'll run that on one computer off to the side while I scalp+ Crude. After my renko disappointment I'm thinking I'll go back to basics and use large TF momo with small timeframe entries.

I gotta say, reading you wondering what had happened to me def just made my day. Haha abillion dollars. V8 wanted to do that to.

So this ES idea. What are you trading. Just daily candles or smaller timeframe. What size stop? Does it have to make 20 points a week every week or can it average it out over time? Im interested.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Whoah - sorry to hear that! Hey, shrug it off and come out fighting!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:06 pm

aliassmith wrote:

Did he work at Axe Capital? :P

Before he downsized, my brother used to operate at that level. I have never seen so many zeros in one place. Money goes to money. Money makes money. It genuinely can be done.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I gotta say, reading you wondering what had happened to me def just made my day. Haha abillion dollars. V8 wanted to do that to.

So this ES idea. What are you trading. Just daily candles or smaller timeframe. What size stop? Does it have to make 20 points a week every week or can it average it out over time? Im interested.

Im thinking no higher than 60min candle for bias and 5min for trigger. 2 point stop with 3+ profit

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Im thinking no higher than 60min candle for bias and 5min for trigger. 2 point stop with 3+ profit

My SL indicator, for scalping, recommends: a SL of 5.26, a size reduction above +1.18, and a minimum target of 2.37:

this is based on an average of the smallest 2 day range in the last 11 days and its recommendation is based on scalping
with the possibility of holding and not pure scalping.

red_cheese_S&P.png
red_cheese_S&P.png (89.63 KiB) Viewed 4136 times

[UPDATE: reduced stop by 10%, profit targets are the same]

Code: Select all

//@version=3
study("STOP LOSS")

//            22 DAYS OF PRICE RANGE
stop = security(tickerid, '2D', rma(lowest(atr(1)[1], 11), 11)  * 0.225)

// STOP EQUALS 22.5% OF THE SMALLEST 2D RANGE OF THE PAST 22 DAYS

//                 BOTH TP ARE MINIMUM TARGETS
plot(stop * 0.9, style = circles, join= true, color = red, transp = 88, show_last = 200)
plot(stop * 0.225, style = histogram,  color = blue, show_last = 200)
plot(stop * 0.45, style = columns, color = green, show_last = 200)
Last edited by IgazI on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Old idea. But what if you got one or two of these type of trades a week. What if you got one a day. 20 currencies, 4 weeks in a month, 5 trading days a week. So literally each pair would have to offer you one chance a month. Doable? Maybe maybe not. but if you were basing the trade off of hTF it would be worth a shot.

Or what if instead of an entry, you looked for an exit and then looked for your entry and did everything to hold until you hit it? Just spitballing.
Attachments
i28_tinypic_com__hrde2s.gif
i28_tinypic_com__hrde2s.gif (28.93 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Old idea. But what if you got one or two of these type of trades a week. What if you got one a day. 20 currencies, 4 weeks in a month, 5 trading days a week. So literally each pair would have to offer you one chance a month. Doable? Maybe maybe not. but if you were basing the trade off of hTF it would be worth a shot.

Or what if instead of an entry, you looked for an exit and then looked for your entry and did everything to hold until you hit it? Just spitballing.

There is a similar idea, long buried in a thread, called 'The Swarm' or something like that:

The idea is simply that you close every unit but one and you hold that last unit until it is stopped out or is fat with profit (daily, weekly, monthly runs, whatever).

It could be 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, or even 1/2, and that is the percentage of the move that you will capture when you hold that last unit.

It is called 'The Swarm' because the units accumulate in one direction like bees after a disturbed nest.

So you might:
1. enter a trade, when the candle turns red, for 1 unit
2. when in profit by 22.5% of your stop then enter 2 more units
and move your stop initial stop up by 10% (BE if 2 units hits TP)
3. close the 2 units when they are in profit by 45% of your SL
4. hold the last unit for obscene profit or for breakeven.

coin.png
coin.png (199.53 KiB) Viewed 4091 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Dillinger

Postby Dillinger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:58 pm

swarm.PNG
swarm.PNG (40.71 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
"So pick up your skirt, grab your balls and let's make some money"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Doing some research. Back to basics! #-o
I see what you was saying about the currencies. I am just trying to exploit the ES.
ES has a $500 daily margin. ES can take a lot of contracts without an issue.
With a profit cushion created from scaling Crude I can put on larger positions in ES to swing.
I can have the ES charts running on a different computer on a different account and wait for the best setups.
It doesn't have to be 20 points a week but it seems like a good goal because I am targeting $1mil to $2mil a year.
This helps me to protect my money like MO has talked about.
Attachments
ESzeroline4-18-19.png
ESzeroline4-18-19.png (27.78 KiB) Viewed 4070 times

Return to “beginners forum”