Jekell and Hyde trading

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Jekell and Hyde trading

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Playing the range is where the real money is at.

I love a bit of boing-boing! :P :P :P

Always remember also, that you can just as easily use micro-ranges, those zones that form between two fib-levels, or a fib-level and a Z-Line, for instance. I did that very thing this morning on the Wall St 1-min chart.

Hum. Care to post an example.

And I definitely had a Lem type of day trading so far. Scalps, zlines, range trades, pullbacks, S&D and all trades were pretty much traded with what I would assume is a simplified approach to your MM style (just no hedging). The gains were just stupid. Plus I still have the deadzone to play and the ES, plus the flip and whatever else shows up. Loving today. To say the impossible is very possible is an understatement. People really set their goals way to low. After we talked I just kept playing different scenario's over in my head on how to accomplish such things. And it really just kind of clicked.

I just stuck up a trade over in my yard that gives an example of this - the last of the three.

Glad you've had a light-bulb moment and if I had a small something to do with that, more than happy to have helped.

For me, the reason why you can get a day like this out of the methods I use personally - and you mentioned a good chunk of those - is that they all flow naturally into and out of one another, they share the same dna and overlap perfectly.

I know the perceived wisdom is to pick one method and stick to it and actually I am going to contradict myself and say that I agree with that - so long as you are finding your feet. However, that will by design, limit your opportunities and I feel that that is why so many traders get sucked into shall we say, less-than-perfect entries. Because they are trying to find a trade that fits their method and they jump between pairs and are all over the place, of course missing as many good ones as they make poor ones.

Now if you have a stable of methods, all of which come from the same way of thinking, then you can instead find and learn and master a single or maybe small handful of pairs that you get right into the guts of - learning it/them inside out (for me, my default is always The DAX) and instead of using many, many, pairs with one method, you have one pair that can be traded in many different ways throughout the trading day.

This also means that if you by any chance can't get to the charts for part of the day, then you will likely have a way to get on board something when you do get the chance to sit down in front of the screens.

Set that bar high, my friend. Push yourself to failure. That is how you get stronger and better and eventually it becomes, if not quite effortless, at least enjoyable! There's gold to be bought! :P

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:00 pm

First sell trade was a limit order at the top of the rectangle that I scaled into and got my Lem style +5. I also sold the break of the bottom of the pole incase it just took off, even tho it was the bottom of the range and I was looking to go long. BE. Then went long and got me +10. Waited for the retrace and took another +5. The rest of PA just looked like garabage to me so I took my +20 and went home.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.png
GBPUSDM15.png (47.07 KiB) Viewed 3585 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:05 pm

123 in supply + TTE, break of the 2 point. Exited at demand on a 1hr. Went long up in to a zline. over 30 pts. Nuff said.
Attachments
US500IndexM15.png
US500IndexM15.png (45.91 KiB) Viewed 3584 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Sold it down. Then bought it back up. Didn't play the deadzone and missed a nice move, but oh well. You live and you learn.
Attachments
USDCADM15.png
USDCADM15.png (48.2 KiB) Viewed 3583 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:34 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:123 in supply + TTE, break of the 2 point. Exited at demand on a 1hr. Went long up in to a zline. over 30 pts. Nuff said.

You made 30pts on the ES or did you mean ticks? Damn :shock: either way nice job.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:43 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:123 in supply + TTE, break of the 2 point. Exited at demand on a 1hr. Went long up in to a zline. over 30 pts. Nuff said.

You made 30pts on the ES or did you mean ticks? Damn :shock: either way nice job.

30 pts. It just kinda happened. Wasn't expecting it at all but the stars aligned and I took it. Did just get my teeth kicked in on the open, but reversed and got about half of what I lost back.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

30 pts. It just kinda happened. Wasn't expecting it at all but the stars aligned and I took it. Did just get my teeth kicked in on the open, but reversed and got about half of what I lost back.

Well $1500 a contract is a good days works.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Well $1500 a contract is a good days works.

It was an awesome day. This type of day happens 2-3 times a month were literally ever trade is right and I catch the perfect entry and exit. Just for those that are reading and think this is everyday for me. Its not.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:15 pm

So in the past month, got super sick, had some health issues and had my girl cheat on me with my ex. Great freaking time. But the one good thing about break ups is they give you so much motivation and desire to better yourself. So I already made a challenge of losing four pounds a week for 8 weeks. Which should get me pretty close to competition lean. Now I need a challenge for trading. Something I can bury my head in and just forget everything. Either need to learn something new or set an unrealistic goal and crush it. Not sure which one yet. Any suggestions?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:44 pm

double
Last edited by aliassmith on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”