Jekell and Hyde trading

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

westcountry

Re: Jekell and Hyde trading

Postby westcountry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Nice Mr. Hyde,

Now this is inspirational. I need to look into the Higher timeframe strategies some more, pretty neat.

-West

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:37 pm

westcountry wrote:Nice Mr. Hyde,

Now this is inspirational. I need to look into the Higher timeframe strategies some more, pretty neat.

-West

Thanks glad you like them. If you know the HTF is trending then it can make your day trades even easier (eg. how everyone says hey I traded with, 4hr momo why did I lose).

In fact here is a good reason to skip on a 123 setup. You would have been trading straight into a median line (likely to reverse) and there was no horz line intersecting it to add confluence.

Also, even tho price is the same on all timeframes. The big boys are only placing hundred of millions of dollars on DWM charts. Paul Tudor isn't placing millions of dollars on a 1hr inside bar on the GU during the Asian open. The more money place at a line, the more price will either respect the pattern or not (BO of an angle).
Attachments
a100.png
a100.png (39.58 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
Last edited by Mr. Hyde on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

Ok Mr. Hyde,

Thanks for additional clarification and perspective. I need to study it, absorb, study it, and absorb. Good for my Holiday reading. :D

-West

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 pm

westcountry wrote:Ok Mr. Hyde,

Thanks for additional clarification and perspective. I need to study it, absorb, study it, and absorb. Good for my Holiday reading. :D

-West

Remember this is just how I see it. Im far from someone who you should follow. Besides you are already killing the charts. I keep re reading yours and dc's thread looking to improve my trading.

Also to avoid over cluttering my charts I don't show all my angle lines. I will plot multiple pitchforks, then from there I look for pennats, tri's and cones. Also I will update or adjust my lines as time progresses.

Here are some real time charts

gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1-2.png
gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1-2.png (47.41 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png (45.87 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

eurjpy-w1-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-w1-oanda-division1-2.png (54.81 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 am

Haha. You know you pay your lawyer way to much when he sends you a Christmas card every year for 15 years straight. But you figure a half a dozen felonies, 4 stints in rehab, 2 court ordered anger management courses and 2 civil lawsuits. I love ya CJ (v8power).

I know most people on here will never understand him. But the funny thing is he will never understand the majority of you. The way most people think life is good and happy times, he believes trading is easy and doesn't understand how everyone cant succed at it.

Its easy to judge and say just don't use drugs but with a serotonin defincincy, plus the abuse from his parents, the lawsuits from his best friends, the constant isolation he subjects himself to (research the effects of just a few days of isolation, now multiply that by weeks and months). And honestly even with all that he is still a great guy. Its just that when he wants to feel good it takes drugs and massive amounts of them (over 200mg of Adderall and oxy plus a fifth or 2 of jack in a single day). Then you add the culmative effect (staying awake from sunday nite till wed or thurs, plus not eating from the Adderall abuse and then add a fifth of jack to all that). If anyone would check most of his rants probably occur between wed nite-fri afternoon. Then there is the fact that he just has no idea how to interact socially.

But what haunts him as a person makes him an amazing trader. Think about what Mark Douglas talks about in the Disiplined trader. One of the biggestg thing is fear and how fear will stop you from taking the correct action when trading. V8 has no fear when it comes to placing trades, never second guess himself and probably most importantly doesn't allow the size of his trade to effect him mentally. In fact he trades better the larger the position size gets.

But if it wasn't for him I would have never made it to were I'm. I was the geek that everyone knew not to mess with or else they would end up kissing the curb. He paid for college for me (ivy league). And even after all that, he now has taught and funded my trading adventure.

I know he loves this site and the members here, but sometinmes his demons got the best of him.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:19 pm

[quoteImage][/quote]

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Gotta love mega phones. You can trade from swing 4 to 5. Then you can also trade the breakout of the 5 swing and if you get it the retest. 550 pips

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Took my GU long off. Maybe my pitchfork was really a bear flag.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:45 pm

"A Financial Times report this morning is stating that a trader from Citi might have been implicated in the British pound’s October ‘flash crash’. Sterling’s value collapsed against the U.S. dollar from 1.26 to circa 1.14 in about 40 seconds"

"FT’s report highlights that sources with knowledge of the matter said that a particular trader placed multiple sell orders on the GBP/USD market. Throughout a very intensive time on the market, the trader was described as “panicked” by one of the London-based newspaper’s sources." Wonder how big those orders were.

"The Bank of England on its part has outlined “human error” and/or a “poorly calibrated execution algorithm." Exactly why I would never use anythibg to automate my trading. Remember the crash in 2010 thanks in part to HFT. Machines can and will always break. If Im gonna lose my account Im doing it myself, haha.

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:"A Financial Times report this morning is stating that a trader from Citi might have been implicated in the British pound’s October ‘flash crash’. Sterling’s value collapsed against the U.S. dollar from 1.26 to circa 1.14 in about 40 seconds"

"FT’s report highlights that sources with knowledge of the matter said that a particular trader placed multiple sell orders on the GBP/USD market. Throughout a very intensive time on the market, the trader was described as “panicked” by one of the London-based newspaper’s sources." Wonder how big those orders were.

"The Bank of England on its part has outlined “human error” and/or a “poorly calibrated execution algorithm." Exactly why I would never use anythibg to automate my trading. Remember the crash in 2010 thanks in part to HFT. Machines can and will always break. If Im gonna lose my account Im doing it myself, haha.

I would rather distinguish robot trading from automate trading. Part of my trades have automation like partial tp, move sl if next order fill, basket tp and sl and more... automation can also secure our manual trading.
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Return to “beginners forum”