Jekell and Hyde trading

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Jekell and Hyde trading

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
What did I freaking tell you. I love these things. Not only do they tell you we are in congestion and are gonna be there for a while, you almost know when the breakout is coming (broke out on the 28th bar). Plus the breakout is normally a momo bar, that gets retested. So you have the breakout to play. Back into the momo bar Lem style (DWZ), but then you have the zline play back out. that trade was my week. Hell if I wasn't so greedy that could have been my month. They don't happen often, or at least I don't see them often, but they pay awesome.

For sure it's a great feeling when all the cards just fall right. Nice one.

I get the funny feeling those card fall right for you a lot, haha. Also did you just sell the Euro. Geez.

Nice move, eh?! Lol.

I have been on The DAX all morning.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Would love to hear everyones answer to this question. Would have bought the pound where price turned at the blue line and the 50% retrace. I didn't. Nothing in my trading plan would have given me enough reasons to. BUT. I think it was a very good buy and offered a nice profit.

Yeah, that would have been my play. Double rejection of the 50-level, plus a nice extension back in time out left shows strength.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Would love to hear everyones answer to this question. Would have bought the pound where price turned at the blue line and the 50% retrace. I didn't. Nothing in my trading plan would have given me enough reasons to. BUT. I think it was a very good buy and offered a nice profit.

Right, had a closer look at this.

I actually wouldn't have taken that trade. There was only one entry for me and that was using only the Fib retrace naked.

EDIT: Not actually true, as you'll see below.

Using my filters (for want of a better word), I was looking at this:

GU m-15

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.46.42 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.46.42 - Edited.png (66.18 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

GU H4

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.51.58 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.51.58 - Edited.png (54.84 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

m-2 HA gave a better (closer to ''go'' anyway) signal, though even here it shows the indecision down at the sharp end, with price between the Thunder and the Lightning Clouds. If I had gone in on this, it would have been at the marked cross-hair but at a reduced size, with possible add-in after the 4-candle down move.

GU m-2 HA

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.54.16 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.54.16 - Edited.png (61.14 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Then we have my go-to workhorse...and here we get a clean-and-clear signal to get in. Entry would either have been brave (at the tiny doji) or definitely confirmed (after the first single candle up move, or even slightly later as the clouds split).

Either way, it would have crushed it and you now see why I use this method for the largest percentage of my trades.

GU T-60

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.59.42 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.59.42 - Edited.png (61.03 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Jealous I missed it now :P

Having said that, if I had checked the higher tf and seen the overview on H4 as above, it may have stopped me...or it may not. If I'm honest, when I jump onto a tick-chart and a set-up is sitting there, begging, then I often don't check what's happening on the H4 or whatever. Just sayin'... :oops:

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:27 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

I actually wouldn't have taken that trade. There was only one entry for me and that was using only the Fib retrace naked.

GU m-15

GU H4

m-2 HA gave a better (closer to ''go'' anyway) signal, though even here it shows the indecision down at the sharp end, with price between the Thunder and the Lightning Clouds. If I had gone in on this, it would have been at the marked cross-hair but at a reduced size, with possible add-in after the 4-candle down move.

GU m-2 HA

Then we have my go-to workhorse...and here we get a clean-and-clear signal to get in. Entry would either have been brave (at the tiny doji) or definitely confirmed (after the first single candle up move, or even slightly later as the clouds split).

Either way, it would have crushed it and you now see why I use this method for the largest percentage of my trades.

GU T-60

Having said that, if I had checked the higher tf and seen the overview on H4 as above, it may have stopped me...or it may not. If I'm honest, when I jump onto a tick-chart and a set-up is sitting there, begging, then I often don't check what's happening on the H4 or whatever. Just sayin'... :oops:

Jesus Lem, you just made me second guess if im really a trader or not. Awesome insight tho.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

GU m-15

GU H4

GU m-2 HA

GU T-60

Jesus Lem, you just made me second guess if im really a trader or not. Awesome insight tho.

Not at all. Just posted over in my yard about how 'coz I was talking about GU with you, a nice set up fell into my lap. It was right there - and I just took it, didn't check one other thing.

I will do the additional stuff at the beginning of the day or maybe every hour, or if I'm twiddling my thumbs, just to give me an overview on the market but when it comes down to it...

...sometimes you just trade what you see in front of you.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:48 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

GU m-15

GU H4

GU m-2 HA

GU T-60

Not at all. Just posted over in my yard about how 'coz I was talking about GU with you, a nice set up fell into my lap. It was right there - and I just took it, didn't check one other thing.

I will do the additional stuff at the beginning of the day or maybe every hour, or if I'm twiddling my thumbs, just to give me an overview on the market but when it comes down to it...

...sometimes you just trade what you see in front of you.

Agree
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Its literally a pole, followed by a zline. Nuff said.
Attachments
US500IndexM5.pngperfectday.png
US500IndexM5.pngperfectday.png (30.89 KiB) Viewed 2623 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 am

Sitting here re reading material and something dawns on me. As a sclaper, trading breakouts could actually be a smart and very profitable idea. Think about it. if your just aiming for a quick 5-15 pips the momentum from the breakout could give that to you easily. And you can always take off part of the trade of move your stop to protect profits or BE. Just a thought that im sure many already knew, but got me excited to watch for this week.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:56 am

1st trade was a 123 DC style with a TTE coming out of supply. 2nd was a 1hr zline coming out of supply. Simple concepts, simple methods, plus confluence equals lots of money.
Attachments
GBPJPYM15.pngmar24.png
GBPJPYM15.pngmar24.png (33.73 KiB) Viewed 2598 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Sitting here re reading material and something dawns on me. As a sclaper, trading breakouts could actually be a smart and very profitable idea. Think about it. if your just aiming for a quick 5-15 pips the momentum from the breakout could give that to you easily. And you can always take off part of the trade of move your stop to protect profits or BE. Just a thought that im sure many already knew, but got me excited to watch for this week.

Indeed.

Run a frequency distribution script. You get perhaps a sign of a good likelihood of a repeatable +25 pip move. Odds in your favour. Now go for +5 with room to spare. Odds significantly greater in your favour.

Welcome to my world.

Return to “beginners forum”