It has hit me like a TON of bricks!!!!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Buy low sell high. Go with the trend. Both are true. Both are false. Everything is permitted...

When you can observe the recent past, observe the current price, and calculate the future probabilities from this information then it is indeed so simple. An edge ISN'T that hard to FIND.
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

If an edge isn't that hard to find, why do we have almost 40 000 posts in the forum?

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 am

newschool wrote:If an edge isn't that hard to find, why do we have almost 40 000 posts in the forum?

:smt046 :smt044 LMAO

I must admit, from a weird beginning that I didn't understand, this has become one of my most enjoyable threads to check up on.

I think I must've come up with a dozen edges, all based on some variant of Rat Entry, or only trading in the direction of candle color. I would blame my lack of understanding of proper scalping mentality, bad MM (probably due to small-account-itis); for the reason I didn't make them work. But as I become more balanced, a think to retry them.

Also tried to tweak my exit strategy based on my small-account-itis; I actually like the result so far. Sure I could just put more $$ in the account, but I want to keep my overall forex losses to a minimum, so I purposely underexpose myself.

At this point, I probably could man up and put a larger chunk into my account, at least I know that I'll never have to worry about revenge trading again, THAT was the real killer to draining my account with blinding speed during my early trading days

~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 am

newschool wrote:If an edge isn't that hard to find, why do we have almost 40 000 posts in the forum?

Because only a few people have enough screen time under their belts :wink:
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 am

es/pip wrote:

Because only a few people have enough screen time under their belts :wink:

Screen time is very important! Not even over exaggerating, I think I probably have had over 3000 hours EASY screen time b/c I have been involved in the Forex market for almost 10 years. Sadly, it took me 8 years to find this heavenly forum which has recently changed my life!

I would like to sincerely thank TRO, dragon33, MightyOne, and es/pip for their extremely helpful postings, they truly help! Here is a great edge for someone who wants something to study.

1) Empty EVERYTHING you know about forex OUT of your head.
2) Read the Never Lose Again thread. THE ENTIRE THING, not just a couple hundred pages.
3) Do a user search and read EVERY post dragon33, MightyOne, and es/pip has posted on this forum to see their progress. (They all have FABULOUS charts).
4) Get yourself in EMOTIONAL check so if you are losing, it is YOUR SYSTEM, not YOU.

Do all of the above, and you can almost have guaranteed success. Most people who genuinely take the time to learn get stuck at the last step, which has taken myself years upon years to master...and I am still working on it!

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 am

ajayemin & mo... when I zoom out as far as i can to see "it", is there any particular timeframe it is seen best?

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:12 am

forexjake80 wrote:ajayemin & mo... when I zoom out as far as i can to see "it", is there any particular timeframe it is seen best?

1hr and 4hr works best for me. As far as the direction price is moving, I move to daily and weekly.

For example, I am waiting for a momo bar to go long right now on EUR/JPY. Where you see the red arrow, I made almost 90 pips on it in a few hours with like a 5 pip draw down.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:52 am

I see.... resistance breaking & becomming support. If this new support line should break, there is still a fresh untested "backup" line right behind it.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 am

forexjake80 wrote:I see.... resistance breaking & becomming support. If this new support line should break, there is still a fresh untested "backup" line right behind it.

Yup, very simple! You can see this happening hundreds of thousands of times over, and over, and over again on any chart, on any time frame! Combine that with candles closing beyond or within extremes and momentum, and then use a ZL or rat entry and VOILA!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:48 pm

es/pip is close, but no cigar.

Its 98% psychology!!!!
That's why.

I see my dad getting all pissed off while trading and I'm sitting there telling him to take the emotion out of it......"what, I'm not taking emotional trades", he proclaims......

I laugh, because I know exactly how he feels, but most like him are blind to see they are acting out of animal instincts and emotion.

So funny.

I read by barry thornton in the long candle pdf....... 'HOW YOU HANDLE AND FEEL ABOUT LOSSES IS WHAT WILL DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS OR FAILURE AS A TRADER"...

Getting an edge is the easy part.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “beginners forum”