Indicators By Insanity Industries

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm

newark18 wrote:Is there any way to get H8 candles without using a period converter? My problem is that i want to analyze an M1, W1, D1 chart on the same chart that I intend to trade from, which is based on H8 candles. But I can't see any other TFs when I use a period converter to see H8 candles.

You can use Metatrader5 but then you lose the MT4 CC indi...

I guess you could still draw the CC by hand.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:39 pm

newark18 wrote:Is there any way to get H8 candles without using a period converter? My problem is that i want to analyze an M1, W1, D1 chart on the same chart that I intend to trade from, which is based on H8 candles. But I can't see any other TFs when I use a period converter to see H8 candles.
Why not just make a template of the offline chart you like and then open up multiple offline charts and apply the template. You could then size up the charts the same size and then use tabs to flip back and forth while the frames occupy the same exact space.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
Why not just make a template of the offline chart you like and then open up multiple offline charts and apply the template. You could then size up the charts the same size and then use tabs to flip back and forth while the frames occupy the same exact space.

Tyger, that went way over my head. I think I am going to go against what MO has advocated and use STF H4 and D1 CC (so combining 6 candles). I will use my power of imagination to combine H4s into H8s. I have a bad imagination so I am not sure this will go so well.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm

MightyOne wrote:

Do you mean to tell me that MT4 indicators do not work on MT5? How stupid is that?

spa

Postby spa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm

newark18 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

Do you mean to tell me that MT4 indicators do not work on MT5? How stupid is that?

the change to Mt4 from Mt3 was the same ... they changed everything in the way the program was built and the way indicators were writen..

bredin

Re: II_CC_Lite v 1.2 update

Postby bredin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:00 am

newark18 wrote:
bredin wrote:
newark18 wrote:Bredin,

Was wondering if you could make it so that we can have two CCs on one chart? It would be great to have one CC (combine 3 candles with background not filled) and another CC (combine 9 candles with background filled). If I try to put CC_lite twice on one chart, one overtakes the other and both cannot exist on one chart.

Just a thought. Thanks for all your indicators. Great job.

You mean like this:

I wrote that several weeks ago and never uploaded it.

In this update there is no longer a second vline, the number of combined candles is now an input. and the whole thing can be moved at once.

object.layer : each II_CC_Lite ~~~MUST~~~ have a different object.layer value
width.auto.CC : number of candles to combine. if this is changed then the startpoint of the candles (the verticle line) might move.

if you turn on the HUD (which shows CC timeframe/pair) then you will have to move HUD.posx and HUD.posy so they are not on top of each other :)

You can put 26 different sized CCs on a chart if you are masochistic enough, but more than 2 is really hard to see.

G.

Bredin,

Do the combinations change when you try to look back in the past (move the chart to the left)? For some reason, the way that I combined the candles change when I try to move the chart to the left. Any way to fix that?

And in this version it does not remember when you change time frames. I am trying to load a different CC_lite for each TF (M, D, W, H4) and have it keep its memory of where I placed it. It moves when I change TFs and when I move my chart. If you could fix it, I would love you more than I already do.

I assume you mean that when you move the vline the CC's change for one tick and then change back.... if not then please correct me.

An odd error has popped up which is probably causing the behavior you describe (and certainly the behavior I noticed).

It is taking longer than expected to fix.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:15 am

newark18 wrote:Do you mean to tell me that MT4 indicators do not work on MT5? How stupid is that?

The basic coding architecture is changing from its current form (which I can follow) to something more modern (which I will have to get my head around).

Its also one of the things stopping me from putting too much time into writing indis at the moment, knowing that brokers will go from MT4 to MT5 reasonably soonish.

As soon as one reliable broker makes the change I will do my indis for the new MT platform.

G.

BTW, for those waiting for the next statistical indis to be posted a quick update: They will probably be a couple of weeks as I have a lot to do with my new business, but look for them to show why and when OEF fails.

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:54 am

II_CC_Lite bugfix....

it seems that a call to ObjectFind() from inside an if statement results in error 4008 ERR_NOT_INITIALIZED_STRING, even when you give it a properly initialized string..... resulting in some important code not being run on startup/change of timeframe/ etc...

now that thats fixed heres the resulting operational changes to the indi to make sure that the indi keeps your CC's when you change tfs....

force.width.CC : forces the indi to use auto.width.CC sized CC's.

operationally this means that to keep the CC's the way you left them set this to false AFTER you get it the way you like it. change tf... set to true if you want a different CC size, then turn force.width.CC off again to change tfs....
If you change to a tf that has not been used before then auto.width.CC will be used regardless of the force.width.CC toggle condition.

When you move the vline the current CC size will be kept regardless of the condition of the force.width.CC toggle, which is good imo :)

I hate doing it this way, but I cannot see an alternative that doesnt get ugly coding-wise.... (with hidden objects storing values, etc).

G. (Onto the next bug)

newark18

Postby newark18 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 am

Maybe someone can come up with a solution to my issue. I trade using two computers depending on my location and time of day. So whenever I mark up my charts on one computer, I have to do it all over again on the other computer. Is there any way to simplify this process? Currently, I use dropbox to house all my updated indicators and templates. Whenever I change a template, I add it to dropbox to have it handy to update my other computer. Is there any way to have MT4 automatically point to my dropbox folder on my desktop? dropbox is an online storage system that l provides a folder on your desktop. It has a location: C:\Documents and Settings\chij\Desktop\My Dropbox\Trading

So I would like MT4 to point to that location for my templates and my chart profiles so that I can always have my charts and templates synced together between the two computers.

I figured that either bredin or blubbb might know a fix.

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Hmmm, have you tried installing MT4 on a usb flash memory? If it works, you'd have a portable MT4...

Return to “beginners forum”