Indicators By Insanity Industries

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mav1

Postby Mav1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Could you please explain the screen, how it can be useful as I recently came across your thread? Thank you

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:49 am

Mav1 wrote:Could you please explain the screen, how it can be useful as I recently came across your thread? Thank you
Statistics are used to find a trading edge (excuse me if Im starting too basic for you). both MO and TRO have stated that trading from extremes is very profitable, MO from long term charts, and TRO from shorter ones.

This indi shows the number of times a Bull bar set the LOW first (and a Bear bar sets the HIGH first), and distributes the data across a shorter timeframe showing WHEN the extreme was set. By looking at this we can see that early in the bar we are trading to "ride the bar", but later we are trading inside the closing wick. this last part is what TRO is exploiting with his RAT trades.
Now Ive got a template that shows W1 bars, the OEF (Opposite Extreme First) and the CashZone. By only trading an extreme early in the week (stats show within 2 1/2 Days) I can be reasonably sure of riding the bar into the CashZone, or of scalping the closing wick....

By the time I check to see where my extreme falls in terms of supply/demand and set CC's from the RAT entry i start to get really excited and need to spend some alone time in the bathroom with a trashy trading magazine in my left hand....

I hope everyone got a bad image :) Centerfolds of MOs charts..... There might be a market for this stuff :lol: Half naked girl draped alluringly across a multiscreen pc showing naked (hur hur) bar charts....

Anyway it also show the point at which you are absolutely trading in the closing wick with NO REASONABLE CHANCE to ride the bar, and that shorter intrabar targets should be considered.

I can stop blathering and say that all you need to know is that OEF is about 85-90% for almost any bar.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:28 am

Doesn't your wife feed the chooks :oops:

Actually I'm embarrassed about making such a comment after such a brilliant post.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:37 am

I get plenty of eggs :twisted:

G.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:06 am

. :lol:
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm

First Donational Mailing, Please Discuss HERE

G.

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 pm

If people have ideas for statistical indicators (ie how often x occur) just ask and I will code it.

I have a couple of additions for OEF analisys in the works, but my next major coding job will be a CC toolbox. II_CC will be deprecated by this new suite of indis.

G.

bredin

Postby bredin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 am

The planned changed to II_SupDem are completed apart from one minor display issue which has not been fixed because of a violent fit of apathy.

changelog v2.3:
Alerts added: an Alert is made when price crosses into a zone. this alert sounds once per bar per zone
HUD layout code modified to make further changes easier, this is where some more work needs to be done and right now i cannot be arsed.
RR removed/no longer developed because of general uselessness.

G

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:44 am

bredin wrote:If people have ideas for statistical indicators (ie how often x occur) just ask and I will code it.

I have a couple of additions for OEF analisys in the works, but my next major coding job will be a CC toolbox. II_CC will be deprecated by this new suite of indis.

G.

Hey Bredin,

I got something I wanna run by you... Is there anyway you code up an indi that will give something like the standard deviation between two correlating pairs? What i have noticed is that for a pair that correlates there is often a leading pair and a lagging pair... Would you be able to put my observation into something that could perhaps give an indication which pair leads and which follows? I noted today on the EJ - EU correlations that the EU was leading the EJ by atleast 10 seconds and this gave me ample time to get out a bad trade... The deviation at the time was about 7 pips relative to the EJ complimentary candle...

I hindsight, I should have capitalized by taking the other side of the trade... But being that I've only been 2 months with my live account and am still discovering more and more each day about the pairs that i trade... I didn't wanna rush anything...

Am I onto something or does it seem like I'm smoking my socks?

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:47 am

The correlation between pairs changes daily. Sometimes EU will correlate with EJ and then the next day EU will correlate with GU. At least that is what I noticed.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Return to “beginners forum”