How do you determine your directional bias in the market?

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Re: How do you determine your directional bias in the market?

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:39 am

MrsViolet wrote:
I am using The TRO SR RR indicator it tells me candle color direction and its strength weak or strong so its for reversal and trend continuation so I am more interested in reversals based on the indicator I also added zigzag indicator that tells me market structure HH,HL,LL,LH

That's an oldie but goodie.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 am

pablo101 wrote:Hey Avery, can you do videos on stats to help you trade better? I know you're on the Boot Camp tear at the moment :D

I have done a bunch of videos featuring statistics. What do you want to see?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:05 pm

MrsViolet wrote:I would like to hear from other traders how do you determine whether you should be a buyer or a seller and how do you do that?

Retail textbooks says we should look for market structure

Market structure is not enough and it tricks and deceive many retail traders.

There are 2 types of trends
Market makers trend (real trend)
Retail trend ( fake trend what everyone see in the world)

We have real trend and fake trend majority retail traders get trapped in the fake trend trading against the real trend

The big boys buy LL and sell HH while retail buy HL and sell LH.

If the trend is up retail will see HH and HL so when retail see HL they will all buy this is textbook the big boys knows this

So the big boys will push price lower to hit stops of retail who bought the HL and price will form a LL.

Now retail traders will see HL being broken and have a LL they automatically see a start of down trend they will try to sell the LH.

Big boys will again push price and make HH then retail trader doesn't know what is really happening and the cycle is always repeating itself.

Majority of retail are loosing because they do not know how to determine market trend even if they do they do not know which trend is real or fake so 95% get trapped in the fake trend as they cannot see the real trend that the big boys are trading

So let's talk how do you determine your directional bias ? You can also use the concept of multiple time frame analysis,order flow to explain I also have more to talk about this type of trading lets all get involved in this topic

Hi Violet

My way is too look at H1+ charts and identify Momentum aka a large and strong move that broke over something.
For example a fresh new H1 higher high tells me that price WENT up, IS GOING up and that I’ll buy after some kind of pullback.

Then I don’t know if price WILL go up, nobody knows by the way.

You could profit both from the retracement and the pullback based on your plan, in practice doesn’t exist any ‘real’ or ‘fake’ trend but just what you do.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

MrsViolet

Postby MrsViolet » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:41 am

Mira wrote:
MrsViolet wrote:I would like to hear from other traders how do you determine whether you should be a buyer or a seller and how do you do that?

Retail textbooks says we should look for market structure

Market structure is not enough and it tricks and deceive many retail traders.

There are 2 types of trends
Market makers trend (real trend)
Retail trend ( fake trend what everyone see in the world)

We have real trend and fake trend majority retail traders get trapped in the fake trend trading against the real trend

The big boys buy LL and sell HH while retail buy HL and sell LH.

If the trend is up retail will see HH and HL so when retail see HL they will all buy this is textbook the big boys knows this

So the big boys will push price lower to hit stops of retail who bought the HL and price will form a LL.

Now retail traders will see HL being broken and have a LL they automatically see a start of down trend they will try to sell the LH.

Big boys will again push price and make HH then retail trader doesn't know what is really happening and the cycle is always repeating itself.

Majority of retail are loosing because they do not know how to determine market trend even if they do they do not know which trend is real or fake so 95% get trapped in the fake trend as they cannot see the real trend that the big boys are trading

So let's talk how do you determine your directional bias ? You can also use the concept of multiple time frame analysis,order flow to explain I also have more to talk about this type of trading lets all get involved in this topic

Hi Violet

My way is too look at H1+ charts and identify Momentum aka a large and strong move that broke over something.
For example a fresh new H1 higher high tells me that price WENT up, IS GOING up and that I’ll buy after some kind of pullback.

Then I don’t know if price WILL go up, nobody knows by the way.

You could profit both from the retracement and the pullback based on your plan, in practice doesn’t exist any ‘real’ or ‘fake’ trend but just what you do.

That is what I am looking for to be able to buy and sell I do not want to be so biased on one direction I want to be able to trade both sides because if you want to sell then it means something is ready to buy and both traders want to profit and only one will win and the other loose

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”