Goon's trading journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Goonslinger

Re: Goon's trading journal

Postby Goonslinger » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:23 pm

A somewhat frustrating day.

2 trades taken, 1 winner and 1 loser.

2410-GU.png
2410-GU.png (56.09 KiB) Viewed 4313 times

1st trade was taken late. Idea behind it was that there was a reaction from an area I perceived as a supply zone and there were lower highs (& slightly lower low) as compared to the asian session.

2nd trade was taken based on the fact that price seemed to be reacting around the demand area drawn and primarily because I expected a (+ve) market reaction from the fact that Rishi Sunak became PM uncontested. The stop was large as I had intended to manipulate Space but that did not work out. I did have several opportunities to take profit or exit around BE but perserved. There was an additional stop order that was placed to compress Space but as price did not reach it I removed it fairly early on; in hindsight I should have exited the trade at that time.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 pm

2 trades today that both went in my favour despite a silly little hiccup.

2510-GU.png
2510-GU.png (60.23 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

1st trade - price bouncing around the zone I had marked out from yesterday so decided to take the green candle that looked pretty strong. Price did appear to be ranging so I didn't want to hold it for too long.

2nd trade - price bounced off of weekly open and I thought it might go on to reach the high for the day and continue ranging. I oversized my stop to manipulate space and successfully managed to do so BUT I accidentally entered 2 market orders intially and didn't realise for a few mins. I cancelled the second trade and placed a second stop order. Lost out on a few pips but I'll let it slide this time.

Missed out on what would have been my third trade where we can see the a pin bar at around 13:00. I definitely would not have held to the top but a gal can dream, right?

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:34 pm

2 possibilities I think may happen tomorrow based on 4h and 1h charts.

4h

2510-GU-4h.png
2510-GU-4h.png (82.04 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

1h

2510-GU-1h.png
2510-GU-1h.png (83.42 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:51 pm

Experiencing a weird bug on Oanda which isn't allowing me to currently view the 15m TF.

One trade today which was a loser.

2610-GU.png
2610-GU.png (52.52 KiB) Viewed 4246 times

It was taken on the 15m TF with an "oversized" stop. An additional buy was taken when price moved a few pips in my favour which resulted in the stop being brought to the low of the previous candle. Not a good example of manipulating Space especially as the stop wasn't really that oversized (if I'm being honest).

There was another opportunity for a buy in the morning just before the rocket launched but I hesitated as it looked like it may break below the daily open. When price was in the process of launching, I still couldn't bring myself to enter a trade as I couldn't really think of what my trigger should be. Looking at it now, there could have been entries based on 1-2-3, buyzone, breakout (BO) from wickzone (WZ) and more though these are the only ones that I'm aware of atm. I'm pretty sure there was a post that Don made recently referencing the tools a trader has available to themself to trade various market conditions that I will need to reread this weekend as I am in sore need of more tools.

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:42 pm

2 trades, 2 losses.

2710-GU.png
2710-GU.png (62.05 KiB) Viewed 4217 times

Trade 1 - thought price would bounce off the zone I had marked. It did not.

Trade 2 - thought price had finally decided to bounce out of the zone and break past the open. It did not.

I think I'm too caught up with what I think price will do instead of reacting to what it is doing.

Also, trading on the 15m TF is difficult while working - I end up half arsing two things. I'm probably going to have to trade higher TFs.

If anyone trades while at work, recommendations on a suitable TF to trade are welcome.

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:07 am

1 trade, 1 loss.

2910-GU.png
2910-GU.png (70.07 KiB) Viewed 4176 times

Expected price to drop just a little bit more but no luck.

Bon Jovi wrote a song about my trading performance: You Give Trading a Bad Name

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give trading a bad name

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 pm

1 trade, 1 win.

3110-EU.png
3110-EU.png (75.99 KiB) Viewed 4148 times

Not quite using BONZ as intended buttttt it worked out. Placed a limit order at what I think is the FVG (if I understand the concept) where the arrow pointing sideways is. Candles were breaking below the low MA and so saw it as an opportunity to get in at a better price. Added after priced moved in my favour (2nd red candle) but closed this out after the green candle.

Price is coming up to the prev. week open so it will be interesting to see what happens there. It'll either...go up...or...go down. I shall endeavour to join it in whichever direction it does go.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:43 pm

Goonslinger wrote:1 trade, 1 win.

3110-EU.png

Not quite using BONZ as intended buttttt it worked out. Placed a limit order at what I think is the FVG (if I understand the concept) where the arrow pointing sideways is. Candles were breaking below the low MA and so saw it as an opportunity to get in at a better price. Added after priced moved in my favour (2nd red candle) but closed this out after the green candle.

Price is coming up to the prev. week open so it will be interesting to see what happens there. It'll either...go up...or...go down. I shall endeavour to join it in whichever direction it does go.

The pink rectangle carried to the left is basically the supply area.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:49 am

Goonslinger wrote:1 trade, 1 win.

3110-EU.png

Like Alias said, as long as it makes you money it's fine :D :D :D
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks guys. Let's see how it works out - trying to be a little more consistent with the trades as I did notice that the trades last week were all over the place.

1 trade, 1 win.

0111-EU.png
0111-EU.png (72.69 KiB) Viewed 4068 times

I wasn't sure what to make of the chart initially as I definitely had a bearish view based on what happened yesterday. However, the MA's said otherwise so I decided to follow them. I missed the wicks in to the FVG at around 7 but managed to grab the dojish red candle that made a ZL and wicked the low MA. The SL was a little big; it definitely could have been at the low of the candle but I was quite reluctant to keep it that small. It's a shame as it would have worked out quite well.

EU did drop on what appears to be news and wicked the prev. weeks open. I very nearly took the red candle that bounced off of the daily open but decided not to (thankfully). That was one nasty wick.

Return to “beginners forum”