Dieselboy's Zlines

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Allow me to also dump my freshly acquired 0.02$ into this madhouse of joy :shock:

This is what I see and by no means the only thing that can be seen, just what I see, and this may or may not give you some ideas which in both cases is quite alright :lol:

MO and others always hammer on putting things in a bigger perspective. Allow me to be the hammer this time around :smt080
Just so you know what you might have been concentrating on and perhaps were not aware of.

There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Don't know why, but the top black line of the congestion area in the first picture is missing. The small square anchors can be seen though.

There are many ways to skin the cat :smt063

For example: if you take the 2nd picture, and let's say you had taken that 1-2-short, the last one on the right hand side in both pictures. Let's also assume you were aware of the bigger picture, it's characteristics and therefore reasonably confident that the mofo would fall through the floor. You would then have had the pleasure to be in the run down from the very beginning, which is the best place to start because of the low risk and the high probability.

tking

Postby tking » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:22 pm

PTG,

I am a bit confused. Where is the "red bar #2" and the "green bar #2" you reference in the first image above?

Thanks for all of your input on this forum.

TKing

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:41 pm

tking wrote:PTG,

I am a bit confused. Where is the "red bar #2" and the "green bar #2" you reference in the first image above?

Thanks for all of your input on this forum.

TKing

No thanks TKing, only attempting to do the same thing that others did: providing ideas, feedback, etc. so that I could learn. Do not take what I put forward as the absolute truth, you will have to find your own. If this helps, then I'm happy.

As for those bars: in the M15 picture you see 5 times a 1 and a 2 written directly above a bar. A green 1 for a 1st bar that is green, a red 1 for a 1st bar that is red, a green 2 for a 2nd bar that is green, a red 2 for a 2nd bar that is red.

So:
1 = red, 2 = green: go long at the ZL for the 3rd bar
1 = green, 2 = red: go short at the ZL for 3rd bar

These examples are more or less random.
You need to realise the bigger picture so that you can take higher probability trades. For instance, in such a congestion area, if you are at the upper side, you would be looking for a short situation (1 = green, 2 = red) and if you are at the bottom side, you would be looking for a long situation (2 = red, 1 = green).

Funny thing is that es/pip always said that he has difficulties explaining this. I have a sneaking suspicion that I have the same.

The only think I can advise you is to read everything that Dragon, MO, es/pip, and others have posted about this subject.
If you don't quite understand, you have to just go back and do more reading. You will form your own insights at some point in time.

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am

So is it safe to say that IF I was (which I was lol)late to the downard move,(cuz of multiple zlines to the downside), I should be waiting for momo to the upside (possibly in the next hour?)To begin trading ?
STAY HUNGRY

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:09 am

dieselboy101 wrote:So is it safe to say that IF I was (which I was lol)late to the downard move,(cuz of multiple zlines to the downside), I should be waiting for momo to the upside (possibly in the next hour?)To begin trading ?

not saying you cant trade it

just that

it gets riskier the farther it has gone
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am

dieselboy101 wrote:So is it safe to say that IF I was (which I was lol)late to the downard move,(cuz of multiple zlines to the downside), I should be waiting for momo to the upside (possibly in the next hour?)To begin trading ?

Let me copy and paste two post that I just made in Lukx's thread. You might want to consider peeping in there too :wink:

First one:

You cannot get away using any technique, method or whatever you name it without taking into account what happened before.

In order to recognize that, you need to LTTL (Look To The Left).

What you see there is a bunch of bull candles, 7 of them on H1. The last bull candle, on H1 as well as M15, is a suckers' rally candle (SRC) caused by people, or should I say sheeple, who think they are missing out on the action.

Well guess what. They bought into a supply zone that you'll be able to find on the left. Not that I have looked at it, but it's there. Try to find it on a timeframe, perhaps smaller (M5), and you will see.

You should look for a short in a situation like this, especially also since the trend is down (see top picture). You bought into pullback ! These always happen after a run (in this case down) as you can see in the H1 picture. It's a drop-base-drop. The pullback was part of the base.

Second one:

An analogy just dawned on me. The zero line stuff is your wrench. You can use your wrench for both left threaded- and right threaded bolts.

Would it not be wise to check the bolt thread first before starting to use the wrench, so that you know wether to turn it left or right ?

Now all of this might sound like a lot of mumbo-jumbo, but it comes down to

- knowing where you are in the big picture (= higher timeframes)
- making sure that you are NOT selling into a demand zone (that's where a lot of hungry buyers are) and that you're NOT buying into a supply zone (that's where a lot of hungry sellers are).

Look in that lukx thread to find out more about supply/demand zones if you so desire :lol:

You need to know the context of your trading. Otherwise you will be like a blind and deaf man trying to take a leak in the crapper without even smelling a suitable place :shock: :shock:

In other words, if you don't know what you are doing, your money WILL be transferred to somebody who does know. So: do make sure you're in the know.

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:27 am

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 am

Less = more :D

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:41 am

Return to “beginners forum”