Dieselboy's Zlines

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 pm

MBT is starting to get on my nerves.. eveytime im in a trade the order server goes down... especially when i need to exit.. fun fun.. might start looking for a european broker at this stage..

Ofc when the trade starts going against me it wont even let me open navi until i was -16 pips.. i was up 18...there stops dont work when my navi is offline.. i mean... what a joke :/
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

The MBT demo environment has been offline all day for me. I guess it helps keep me out of half assed trades while Im trying to back test. :)
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

PTG

Postby PTG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Braathen wrote:MBT is starting to get on my nerves.. eveytime im in a trade the order server goes down... especially when i need to exit.. fun fun.. might start looking for a european broker at this stage..

Ofc when the trade starts going against me it wont even let me open navi until i was -16 pips.. i was up 18...there stops dont work when my navi is offline.. i mean... what a joke :/

Is that a live account ?
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

It sure is :(
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 pm

It sure is :( i dunno if might be something transatlantic but still..
MO-

PTG

Postby PTG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:29 pm

That is weird but I suppose that can happen. There's a lot of electronics in between the trader and the broker that neither have a grip on. I do have the impression that I have more internet failures in general, since a couple of weeks ago. May have to do with the cold weather, no idea really. Perhaps they've had issues, I've not had problems today but that's just me.

Also I don't quite understand why the stops aren't working when you're offline. Have you verified that with them ? I've never seen that tbh but I may be daft :-) (I hear that more often.. lol)

Seriously, I would consult them if I were you on both issues.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah .. just had a little email conversation with an employee and he said the european users can have connection problems due to intertnet providers or just simple lag spikes witch disrupt the feed. The exit not getting hit he didnt understand and said he would check my account for any errors.. im also gonna call my internet provider when there phones open to see if maybe its them... might have been a bit hasty to blame mbt
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Emotions are running high when i aint high :P
MO-

PTG

Postby PTG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm

I always count to 10 :shock: and only then do I start swearing :lol:

I recently discovered a complete thread on FF re. Mb Trading. That may be informative as well. I'd also check out their on-site forum etc. Can't hurt I guess :wink:

They have been asking if it was neccesary to put shadow servers all over the place if memory serves me right. Not sure where I read that, one of those places.

Must say that I'm happy so far. Having said that, my grandfather used to have a great saying: it is good to trust, however it is better to check.. :smt105

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Good idea.. ill go see if anyone is having the same problem.. maybe i can get a fast answer ;)
MO-

Return to “beginners forum”