Dieselboy's Zlines

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:15 am

Hey diesel ;) hows it hanging?

So i have been doing alot of these trades i posted a few days ago and wow.. just keeps getting better and better.. heres one from just now.. 1st pic is how i setup at 8H open.. top line buy bottom line sell.. middle is open.. as u can see i just had a little 5 pip lose before this :)

and the reaction

Close both trades at or close to 8H avg range

did exactly the same on EJ just didnt take pics :) hope u had a good time with the gf ^^
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

fy260498

What is your SL?

Postby fy260498 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:20 am

Braathen wrote:Hey diesel ;) hows it hanging?

So i have been doing alot of these trades i posted a few days ago and wow.. just keeps getting better and better.. heres one from just now.. 1st pic is how i setup at 8H open.. top line buy bottom line sell.. middle is open.. as u can see i just had a little 5 pip lose before this :)

and the reaction

Close both trades at or close to 8H avg range

did exactly the same on EJ just didnt take pics :) hope u had a good time with the gf ^^

Hi Braathen,

Congrats for your success and may it continue.
I had been reading MO thread on this and would like to check with you as what Stop Loss do you use to take such trades.

Also wanted to check if you prefer trading this method at some specific time of the market or maybe you could tell me which time is suitable to trade this method. I will try to practice this method but was not sure of Stop Loss.

Thanks for you reply,
Regards and happy trading

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 am

Everything is hanging well braathen, i will show below 2 trades I took. Also can you explain further on your trading style?

Much respect bro,
Diesel

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 am

Oh I could use 2 indicators if anyone may know where they are, umm first one is an alarm that goes off at a set time (for me every hour) so I can sleep through the night and wake up at hourly intervals to check the charts..and the other is (and i think its a blubb indy) a period converter? aomething that highlights for example 3 hours? I dont like the one I have cuz when I wake up in the middle of the night to check charts I can hardly see it.

Many thanks,
Diesel
STAY HUNGRY

johny

Postby johny » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 am

Hi,

Hourly Alarm: TRO_TopOfHourAlarm

Search for it in TRO Motherlodes.

Period Converter: Blubbb_CustomCandle
Its in the first page of Blubbb's free Indicator thread

- J

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks Johny!
STAY HUNGRY

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:14 am

Hi Braathen, could you clarify a couple of things from your charts please?

1: Is the top line to the bottom line your 1/6th measurement or is it from the middle line to the outside line?

2: Are you simply taking the previous 8hr candle to take your measurements from or are you taking several and averaging them out (like MO does using a 2day average I think)
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:49 am

The lines are placed at 1/6th the price ranged of the previous 16 hours of price. Middle is 8H open. Simple simple ^^ avg. range count for an 8h bar atm on ej is around 90-100 pips.. and what do we know about price? MO "On any givin day/week/month price will have 2 extremes and travel hundreds/thousands of pips between em" Its all in MO's micro account thread and ofc in nla thread.. it all fits together in the end
Explain my trading style.. hmm.. 2 horses 1 bet and what i like to think is an edge ^^
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:57 am

Avery "There are no magic lines" shout out to tro :)
When u look at it its really looks like tro's buy zone used on an 8h with the triggers being the 16 hours of price range divided by 6.

Just one more thing.. dont listen to me.. go read MO's micro thread.. im learning not teaching :) :)
MO-

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 am

Thanks for that. :) Im an avid reader of MOs thread but its usually in other peoples application of his ideas that the penny drops for me..... :oops:
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

Return to “beginners forum”