Dieselboy's Zlines

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:45 am

Thats easy to answer noone22, just ask MO. lol relax my brother, im workin on possible ways..and I believe it is soo easy that my mind purposely tries to complicate it...see most traders start drawing lines on a chart. they see angles but they are not "fit to scale". BUT once we do those calculations (that are easy but make my brain hurt), we then have "to scale angles". And If we know that price increases by 2 and decreases by .5 well thats where im stuck. What is all this telling me. Where is this leading me.. TO BE CONTINUED...

p.s.- let me know how your talk with MO goes lol.

Much respect,
Diesel
STAY HUNGRY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 am

The living are providing pointers. Many a times we, the living, are but a blip on the screen. We do what we can (or think we can), but cannot reach new highs/lows from a historical perspective. This humbles me. It's humble to be humble. I am. I have but limited clues and limited time to do something about it.

Maybe it's an idea to start talking to the dead. No. I'm not talking about Ronald Reagan. :smt018
W.D. Gann comes to mind. Good luck to all of us :wink:
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 pm

HAHA. Nice to hear from you PTG. Your words are always wise and appreciated. im gonna run to the graveyard and see what they think about DoP..hehe

Off to work :(
STAY HUNGRY

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:10 am

MightyOne wrote:
This is called The 10* ROT:

It is used when a channel is heading south and price breaks through the lower channel (vise versa).

Trying to study this pic.....i think i am overcomplicating this

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 am

MightyOne wrote:Google Talk Conversation (1-4am EST I usually answer 1 on 1 requests):

Lucas: Heres one question I have about this. You group them as if they work together or something. Isnt this just 15 different angles? When I first tried the Diamond I just looked for one of the first 5 and found I could draw it in better just by sight. But that makes me think I missed something because you group them, can you shine some light on that? Thanks.

Sent at 3:49 AM on Tuesday
Mighty: Focusing on the difficult stuff again i see

Lucas: lol, Im also sitting here looking at your momentum pics as well trying to figure those out :)
just came up and thought I'd ask

Mighty: To answer your question...
with a question
:P
ill do some true or false questions
a. the majority of the time the market travels at an angle of 75*

Lucas: false

Mighty: oh, so you are saying that the majority of the time you can eliminate certain angles from the list of future channel angles?
not a trick question

Lucas: certainly

Mighty: The trick is to think of the market as moving on one or two of five angles
15-30-45-60-75
of which 15 and 75 degrees are least likely
that means that a majority of the time price will channel between 30 and 60 degrees
there are related angles called sharps and flats
each main angle above has 1 sharp and 1 flat angle that is considered the main angle
25 and 35 degrees is considered a 30 degree angle
this is the 30* group
If you notice that price is following 30 degrees most of the time then it will either follow 25 and 30 or 30 and 35 degree angles
5 degrees is your margin of error
using this method you can some what predict what price will do in the future
thus fine tuning your trades

Lucas: thank you

This has some damn good info..almost in laymans terms too!!

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 am

hmmmm...trying to duplicate MO's work..

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi diesel :) Im really not one to tell anyone how to trade.. but basicly after reading the nla thread a few times.. searching for more info etc and ofc reading MO's micro thread has helped alot .. all MO's, es/pips and dragons pics etc..
If i was to try say what im doing it would go like this: 8H/6H charts for direction using 1/6th fibo as shown in MO's micro thread and i also mix some zlines into these charts (gotten some really good trades of the GU with 8H zline).. now mo just trades straight off the 1/6th i think but for some reason i just love the 5-15 and 25 min charts for momo like es/pip has shown many examples off. Ill trade straight of the bat too but i will be inclined to close on small retrace and get back in on momo or whatever happens.. im a wussy! :) and alot less profitable id guess but hey.. heres an example of a nice trade that i took friday on EJ. 5m chart with 25m overlap. They aint all this good thats for sure.. and i do have some losing runs but at the weekend it always works out :)

"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:33 am

Braathen, can u show me exactly where you entered?
STAY HUNGRY

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 am

Just so ya'll know I dont trade sundays.. And tomorrow I wont be posting zline trades because I will be picking my girlfriend up from the airport in NYC..

Much respect,
Diesel

p.s.- I wont be posting DoP stuff until I can continue, I feel like I have hit a brick wall with it. I just dont know "where" to begin drawing the angles.
WAIT!! If (for example) on a one hour chart.. the candle bar moves 20 pips..lets say I drew a diamond and after X bars, 15*=N pips and after the calculations 5*=20 pips could the next bar increase by 2 which would be 40 pips? or decrease by half which would be 10 pips (give or take)? Dang now im just confusing myself. No way thats way too complicated..nevermind..

see ya'll tuesday!
STAY HUNGRY

dieselboy101

Postby dieselboy101 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:10 am

"Think about a glass of water that is 2% full...
Do you want to take that traders drink? Is it worth it?
What about a glass that is over flowing into other cups...
Oh, you want that water now don't you!"- MO
STAY HUNGRY

Return to “beginners forum”