Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 am

Blubb,

You seem to have a way with MQL. Nice looking stuff.

I've never seen the Calender set-up the way you have it. I once watched a video (I don't remember where) of a Trader who was using (I think it was CMS VT, not 100% sure) something similar, but in his set-up, the "number" that came through the news feed, was used as a threshold trigger to execute a trade. In his set-ups, he basically had his own syllogisms for what constituted a Long news release -vs- a Short news release. If I can find the video and post it or link it here. Maybe that video was you?

I have a secondary trading system that I play with (have fun with) that uses Economic Indicators, instead of Technical Indicators to yield trade signals. I basically run the TodayFX Economic Indicators through a sort of manual ETL process (extraction, transformation and loading) in Excel, where I have some logic that takes the report data and generates a trade signal. I have not had time to use it much, but ever since I saw your MT4 set-up, I've wondered whether or not MT4 could be made to do the same thing I saw in that video a couple of years ago.

I think it would be fun to build a 100 Economic Trade Signal Engine. In fact, one of the things I used to do was add the Economic trade signal into the Technical signal logic. It was uncanny to often times see the Technical signal come full circle and in-line with the Economic signal. I don't do it anymore because I just have not kept up with the manual ETL process between TodayFX and Excel.

Have you ever automated something like that before in MT4?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed May 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey,

nope, I never bothered trading the news.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Wed May 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Ok.

trueblueTEX

Request Short Explanation

Postby trueblueTEX » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Could someone give me a quick explanation on how to use the Visual Order system? (EA's vs scripts, will it work w/ Market orders)?

What I want to do is typically execute a market order Long (green rat) using the Blubb_Script_Long, but I want to be able to raise my SL manually (via mouse) as I watch the trade unfold. I also want to be able to move TP but that's not as important as I usually get out with Blubb_Script_CloseAll.

I have tried using the EA SL-TP_move-by-Mouse but it FAILS to move the SL above the original SL. I can move it all around below that and I can move the TP around all I want but it's the SL that is MOST important.

Of course, if there were a script that I could Hot-Key that would move SL up by X-number of pips (modifiable but it's useless if you have to confirm each time) each time it is executed.... That would be nice as well. :-)

Since SL-TP_move-by-Mouse doesn't work quite right, I wanted to know if the Visual Order system does. But I can't quite figure it out.

Thanks!!

Tex

EDIT: That's bizarre!! I just tried the EA again and got the SL to work correctly.
I have had VERY mixed results running the SL-TP_move-by-Mouse EA!!!
Maybe Visual Orders works better?

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Hey Tex, use the TP and SL scripts located on page one... They are the dogs bollocks and will do exactly that... Hope that helps ;-) I don't know where I would be without Blubbbs scripts... ;-)
:smt065

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Hey Tex, use the TP and SL scripts located on page one... They are the dogs bollocks and will do exactly that... Hope that helps ;-) I don't know where I would be without Blubbbs scripts... ;-)

My question is HOW do you use them. I place a Market Order and then run the SL script it does not change my sl when I move the line.

Do the scripts require an EA to be running? I even tried the SL and TP scripts in conjunction with the Blubb_EA_VisualOrders EA and that just seems to gum up the works more.

Thanks
Tex

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Move the line, then execute the same script again. Line disappears, sl appears/changes.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 pm

blubbb wrote:Move the line, then execute the same script again. Line disappears, sl appears/changes.

BINGO!!!

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey blubb.

Can I see more than 11 candles with your custom candle script ?

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 pm

You can move the start and stop lines further to the left.
Or use the attached version and change "PastCandles".

Currently I'm working on a monitoring tool that alerts you if MT4s connection dies. Depending on the broker this happens quite often. I'll add it to the donationals as soon as it is finished.
Attachments
Blubbb_CustomCandle.mq4
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Return to “beginners forum”