Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:41 am

tmanbone

It is easy to see the migration or reforming of the 1Sema as when a forming bar, goes below a previous 1S, it jumps. Looking at the chart above, their was no 2S anywhere near the first formation of 2s, where the 1S changed to a 2S. If I knew much about MT4 code, I am sure it gets into the fibs. I use the M1 for a lot of my watching study because things happen faster that on the larger time frames.

bredin

I am interested in studying the cull of useless dots to learn the characteristics of the semafor formations and movement characteristics. I think this is important to understand for my purposes. I must have gotten some Yale dust on my when I visited Yale on a visit when I went with friends looking at New England colleges many years ago. I didn't like the city and choose the Purple Mountains and Purple Cows.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas !

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 am

Patch if you look on FF here
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=215369
as I understand it the 3L zz has been moded without changing the name.
It does not repaint, ie where it first appears is where it stays put.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Humble

Thanks for your post on the 3Sema and the url to FF. While the market is closed I am not able to grab a couple screen shots of the 3S moving to the newer low that qualifies. I've seen the 3S jump from one bottom to a candle a couple candles over with a new low.

If you notice the 2S went away completely and at some point was superseded by the 3S, I wasn't watching at the time, and I suspect around 90.91 . This is why I think understanding the Semafor's characteristics and action is valuable in knowing how to use it. It is my favorite indi.

I read the post on FF and downloaded the indis and will look at them. The text mentions the MA indi is a NonLag. I also noticed at the bottom just above the downloads this: "Of course, the 3_Level_ZZ_ Semafor repaints which prevents reliable backtesting, but I have been maually paper trading with much success using multiple currency pairs on the H1 MetaTrader chart."

Thank you
Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 pm

I hope Im about to clear this up..

all semas move in the same way.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:22 pm

bredin

Great job. This is a H1 chart. So the "marked" candle is the one that has the blue or red horizontal line thru it. The 3Sema appears first, where the TRO dynamic fib first draws red or blue dots. In other words you didn't have to watch each 3S form to know where it did so. Thank you, this is a great help and said in a way that this Yale Wanna-be understands.

I might add a notated chart to this post just to be sure I got it.

Patch
In Wet VA

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:16 pm

yep, marked candle is the vertical line.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 am

I just updated the first posting with a whole lot of scripts (mostly the ones that I developed and posted recently on the last few pages). Have fun.

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 am

Big thanks Blubbb!
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm

hey blubb, may i kindly request a change/update of your "Blubb_MightyZones" indi? Would love to see these 2 features:

-After a MZ became "invalid" due to the user-input set in "MaxBars", the indicator deletes those MZ on automaticaly. Right now, I gotta change tf back-forth to get it repainted accordingly, after "MaxBars" happened.

-Popup Alert only one time per candle & MZ hit (candle as specified in the user input "Custom Period").

Hope I made my request easy to understand... Thanks a lot for this great indi!!
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Actually, MaxBars is just a protection against high CPU use, nothing more. But I'll see what I can do.

Return to “beginners forum”