Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

blubbb

I really like the ForexCalendar indicator. It is very helpful. I wonder if it is possible to pull information from it into an EA and stop and start trading for an amount of time on both sides of high or medium items?

blubbb, I know you have done some work on the Semafor indicator in the past. I wonder if you could make a change in the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION-2010.01 indi so when it posts a semafor, it will stay exactly where it was put? I would like to turn on only the 1s, then 2s and lastly 3s and see exactly what and where each appears. I think this will be a great tool to help me learn more about how these indis work.

Thank you

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Sorry, Patch and others who emailed me. Very little time at the moment.
I'm not sure, but didn't TRO make a 3LZZ sema version that already does this "trailing" that you described?

Humble

Postby Humble » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 am

Search "Repaint This".
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Humble

Thanks for your post. I went back and reread and went over the charts again, and realized that the various semafors placed in horizontal lines above and below the price bars tell me that each bar was under that semafor number. This is half of what I need to know, a key piece of missing information is where exactly the semafor first appeared, not on what candle, that is obvious, but at what exact price. This will help me learn about if and how to use the appearance of the semi in my BZ trading strategy and others to come.

Thanks Humble and blubbb

Patch

blubbb

Just got the ChartHub up and running on my BZ chart for M1 and M5. I am watching it now as I type this post -- too cool.

Thanks again and again

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Patch,

The semafor would have to had appeared 1 pip above/below the high/low of the previous candle, if I'm thinking correctly.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 am

tmanbone, I think its closer to the high/low of the last iPeriods bars, from my rough watching...

Patch you can create an EA that does nothing, run it in the strategy tester with "visual mode" on, and while its loading the data drop the sema indi onto the chart. When it starts 'testing' the blank ea you will then see the indi in action, able to speed up and slow down time.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

lwpips

Postby lwpips » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 am

Great!Thanks.

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm

tmanbone wrote:Patch,
The semafor would have to had appeared 1 pip above/below the high/low of the previous candle, if I'm thinking correctly.

tmanbone

It took me a couple days to have the time to answer your post above. While the quote is true in some instances, after watching the semafor formations look at the chart below. The 1-2-and-3Semafors begin forming and move to the high or low of a forming candle. In case of a falling market, when a nearby forming candle's low exceeds the preceding candle, the semafor jumps to that new "extreme" candle when it's low is below the current candle. In any case, the sema did not first appear at the final low of the forming candle. A 1Sema also jumps at times and turns to a 2Sema, and a 2 to a 3 as the market continues in its direction. No trace or record of the trail of where the 1, 2 or 3Sema have been is left on the chart.

I am very interested in better understanding the Semafors trails as a trigger in my Buyzone EA project in controlling when only green, and when only red rat trades be entered. At this point I am not sure if the Semafors are the indi I am looking for to determine for me the direction of trades.

Thanks for your help,

Patch
Attachments
snap373-1-2semas.jpg
snap373-1-2semas.jpg (96.27 KiB) Viewed 3124 times

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Patch wrote:
tmanbone wrote:Patch,

tmanbone

It took me a couple days to have the time to answer your post above. While the quote is true in some instances, after watching the semafor formations look at the chart below. The 1-2-and-3Semafors begin forming and move to the high or low of a forming candle. In case of a falling market, when a nearby forming candle's low exceeds the preceding candle, the semafor jumps to that new "extreme" candle when it's low is below the current candle. In any case, the sema did not first appear at the final low of the forming candle. A 1Sema also jumps at times and turns to a 2Sema, and a 2 to a 3 as the market continues in its direction. No trace or record of the trail of where the 1, 2 or 3Sema have been is left on the chart.

I am very interested in better understanding the Semafors trails as a trigger in my Buyzone EA project in controlling when only green, and when only red rat trades be entered. At this point I am not sure if the Semafors are the indi I am looking for to determine for me the direction of trades.

Thanks for your help,

Patch

My above statement was incorrect, after futher studying the semas I think that they start forming after they take out the high/low of the previous sema, not the previous candle; as for when a 1 becomes a 2 then becomes a 3, you've got me there, but I will let you know what I figure out.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

bredin

Postby bredin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 pm

If you use TROs Dynamic SR indi (the one with the dots), it will give you an idea of how the semas migrate over time, I think the code is pretty similar just without the cull of useless dots.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Return to “beginners forum”