Bettleboxs Journey

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Xwing76

Postby Xwing76 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 am

Thx for the example, thats more or less how I'm trying it and good idea with linear reg, I will try that out see if it helps what indicator is it?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi

yea it Tro_Linear_Regression

I look at 15 min with Tro dynamic SR plotted as well if see on 15min the price just started to pull away from support or resist area i wouldnt take the trade in direction of the s/r.

for example new resistance dots formed near upper part of linear regression and price started to move back down , away from the resist dots. Well im not going to take trade going long back into resistance dots.

Trying to squeeze more pips from trades:
also remember we only have price and time

ask your self these questions may help

during hour did price come back or trying to come back to opening price?
If did come back to opening price roughly when in hour did it do it?
was first half Hour flat?

what trying to do is get a feel for price action in hour to get max pips possible.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

What i learnt about price action on 15min

Postby bettlebox » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:17 am

what i learnt about price action. If you can see what im talking about theres whole bunch of great entries.

Not just way i explain on the picture.

Here is picture of me waiting for the first red bar to form. i wait for it close to make sure its not going to fake it. Then that my queue to drop to 5 min chart looking for entry ,using the buyzone rules in direction red candle ie short position. In this example if it reveresed , i wouldnt take it, why not? price action up to that point .

Since playing like this i done 60 trades with 3 losing trades and 2 trades were i made stupid school boy mistakes. I also apply rules of H1 and D1

H1-D1 same colour and trading in that direction = 6-10 pips (use money management to get more pips from this trades ie faded bets etc)
H1-D1 different colours trading in either direction= 3-5 pips

Markets flat= proceed with caution

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”