Bettleboxs Journey

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:32 am

es/pip wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Hi,

heres a play at 4 hour time frame blows out stop loss. That be big loss.
i sure havent grasped something important about these zlines.

any comments please on how you of if you would played this?

BB

when you post a chart for zl/mz or s/r extremes--- and looking for comments----- just use a blank chart with nothing else on it---- easier to see whats going on that way

when you say "Blows out stop loss"

are you saying you would have been long in that? no reason to be long yet from where you are looking at

hindsight---- but this is what i would have been thinking

big black bar moves down creates MZ =blue rectangle. would be looking for short in that area and targeting extreme on the first black line

then

would be looking at that extreme and the other one marked in black--- playing long and targeting first red line----- may have gone short off that extreme and taken a small loss

then i would take longs off the yellow lines and targeting the high upper red line

looking for shorts off the upper green line and looking for the extreme -- lower green line

This is how I see it es/pip (not that there is anything wrong with the way you see it :wink: ) :

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Hi,

heres a play at 4 hour time frame blows out stop loss. That be big loss.
i sure havent grasped something important about these zlines.

any comments please on how you of if you would played this?

BB

when you post a chart for zl/mz or s/r extremes--- and looking for comments----- just use a blank chart with nothing else on it---- easier to see whats going on that way

when you say "Blows out stop loss"

are you saying you would have been long in that? no reason to be long yet from where you are looking at

hindsight---- but this is what i would have been thinking

big black bar moves down creates MZ =blue rectangle. would be looking for short in that area and targeting extreme on the first black line

then

would be looking at that extreme and the other one marked in black--- playing long and targeting first red line----- may have gone short off that extreme and taken a small loss

then i would take longs off the yellow lines and targeting the high upper red line

looking for shorts off the upper green line and looking for the extreme -- lower green line

This is how I see it es/pip (not that there is anything wrong with the way you see it :wink: ) :

i like yours better :D

i see what you were saying in that other post about hedging

interesting
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 am

You might enjoy this also (attached)

I feel so over leveraged at 8 to 1, but I like to keep most of the money where I can see it (in check form :lol:)
Attachments
LeveragE.txt
Notepad.
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 132 times

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 am

Starting to get real interesting in here bettlebox. I hope you're soaking it in. You've got the cream of the crop posting in your little world. You better be paying attention.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 am

Thxs Mightyone this is great . Diffiently paying attention to these great posts. Just need to absorb them and apply it .Have read through thread again.

much appreciated guys.
BB

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi guys

im still alive, jsut been practising my price action following with real money. Sure does help you to focus the mind whens it your hard earned cash online :).

Entries are good , well 80% time. But im having difficulting trying to hold on to trade. Soon as im up 3-5 pips my minds screaming at to take it LOL.

So close 2/3 of my position at 3-5 pips that shuts my mind up, stupid damn thing.

Am i right in saying if you can pick entries well then should be able pick exits well?

3 parts to trade:-
Entry, Hold & Exit

Practise practise pracise. Been practising my Zlines and MOMO zones too.
Momo zones are great . Real good feeling when you catch your frist MOMO zone.

Got picture i played these today :)

PS NB nice big clean screen dumps :).
BB

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 pm

bettlebox wrote:Hi guys

im still alive, jsut been practising my price action following with real money. Sure does help you to focus the mind whens it your hard earned cash online :).

Entries are good , well 80% time. But im having difficulting trying to hold on to trade. Soon as im up 3-5 pips my minds screaming at to take it LOL.

So close 2/3 of my position at 3-5 pips that shuts my mind up, stupid damn thing.

Am i right in saying if you can pick entries well then should be able pick exits well?

Entry, Hold & Exit

BB

comes down to having a plan of what you want to do.

and then adjusting that plan based on what happens---- trade what happens not what you think will happen

that lower zone you have marked is incorrect--- there is no momo down there

there was a ZL there though

red lines =Zl

yellow box= MZ

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks Es/pip, im taking note .

BB.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Entry, Hold & Exit

BB

If you have a reason to enter then you have a reason to hold.

If you have clearly defined rules as to when you are WRONG then you have nothing to worry about.

In this picture you can see how I would have saved myself by admitting technical defeat:

(There really wasn't a reason to buy back lower that last time with all that failure overhead, but I needed a bad entry to get out of as an example :lol: )

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:52 pm

MO, thanks for the continued insight.

This is one of yours I am implementing to reduce size of stop outs: "Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG."

MightyOne wrote:

Entry, Hold & Exit

BB

If you have a reason to enter then you have a reason to hold.

If you have clearly defined rules as to when you are WRONG then you have nothing to worry about.

In this picture you can see how I would have saved myself by admitting technical defeat:

(There really wasn't a reason to buy back lower that last time with all that failure overhead, but I needed a bad entry to get out of as an example :lol: )

Return to “beginners forum”