Best Platform from Work

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 am

Zoul

Jobs are supposed to make you nuts... Whatever it takes and how ever long it takes, for you to learn to trade profitably, do it and keep at it.

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Zoul

Postby Zoul » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:59 pm

It's interesting what you can learn...

I found that If I use a good strategy, execute it, put in my SL and my profit point and walk away I do much better because my emotion cannot get involved in the 5 pip movements. What I need for success is two fold I need access to the computer so I can devise, learn and execute strategies; but I also need to be away from it so I don't hinder my own success. I heard someone say about trading "I have seen the enemy, and we are it."

I've made more money by going out and feeding the horses and not watching than by any other method. :D

I'm looking foward to trying the auto trade feature because I can set it up and get the entry that I need based on facts that the charts give me instead of the facts clouded by the emotion de'jour. Reading TRO's stuff has helped me a lot.

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Zoul

Keep feeding and watering the horses !!!

Aren't our emotions amazing?

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Bip this duplicate post id not delete it.jb
Last edited by Patch on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Randolermo

Postby Randolermo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Zoul & Patch,

Are you just into Forex or do you any equities like TRO's Miliking the Cows?

I tried Forex using hedging but eventually you get caught so I'm interested in new strategies for Forex where as you both say, emotions do not get in the way.

Rando

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Rando

Emotions are everywhere in trading, whether you trade your own account, or us an auto trade system, or give your money to a manager. We all tend to get very funny when it comes to our money and trading. I like what Z said about placing trades with stops and targets and going out to feed the horses. We tend to be very weird about watching short term losses. Think about it, the brokerages make their money every time we trade, be it whatever. They get paid for us trading, regardless of the results.

Off to friends for dinner,
Patch
In VA

Zoul

Postby Zoul » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:44 pm

Rando,

I stick with currency (for right now, anyway). There are a couple of reasons for that.

1. There's about 12,000 stock and 12 major currency pairs. I would rather spend my time getting to know intimatly one or two currency pairs, than a whole line of stocks. Like TRO says "Have one gun and know how to use it well"

2. There is no up or down in currency, merly adjustments against each other. Is the Eur going to go to 0 and never recover? No. Is the USD going to go to 0 and never recover? No. Did Enron go 0 and not recover? We all know the story there... OK, Enron is an extreme case but you get the drift.

So, From a trading aspect I like Currency better than stocks. FWIW
If you spent your time waiting for the exact right time to do something, then you would never do anything.

Prospectus

Re: Best Platform from Work

Postby Prospectus » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Randolermo wrote:I assume many on this forum work the normal M-F work week. :(

I do and have been looking at getting TS but my company will not allow it on my PC. :x So I was hoping someone could tell me a good service I can use at work for "no delay" stocks quotes so I can react qucikly which is necessary for "Miliking the Cows" strategy. :wink:

For forex, I can use OANDA at work and hope there is another like it since EFX can't be used from work same as above reason for TS.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Rando

I use QuoteTracker and TD Ameritrade data. TD streams through port 80 and is slow, but at least it makes it through the firewall.

cjackson

Postby cjackson » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:15 pm

im dealing with something similar at my work. although its much more laid back at a fab shop. its almost a waste of my time to go to work after i log on during lunch and see very profitable trades i missed while working...frustrating to say the least. especially when i make a small hourly wage. someone needs to get the blackberry or iphone hooked up with trading software :)

Return to “beginners forum”