Back Testing the Rat Method?

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Wadamistakatomaka

:lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

i hope stealthtrader, michael hans, signalblender, idonkey doesnt mind
who cares really

id like to ask
does anyone remember original Dragon33 dynamic fibs trading rules?

im just curious what did it look like
cant remember that
im gluten free intolerant

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm

My suggestion is not to respond to this thread.

Don't add fuel to the fire...
Life is just a journey

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:i hope stealthtrader, michael hans, signalblender, idonkey doesnt mind
who cares really

id like to ask
does anyone remember original Dragon33 dynamic fibs trading rules?

im just curious what did it look like
cant remember that

It changed over time - originally it was just trade in the D1 direction and H1 direction i.e. if trading long D1 and H1 both green from a 5 min or 15 min fib dot (if trading against daily only a scalp 5 pips at best) on a 1 bar breakout, then there was the addition of the Dragon tunnel for a while.
Later on he took momo/ Z lines etc into account, in which case you're looking at higher high, higher low, 1 bar breakout with zlines as targets.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:59 am

Relativity...

I sincerely hope that you do not stop posting your findings and charts for the benefit of others who have the analytical mind sets to take what you have presented and apply your studies to their trades and understanding of market price discovery...

You have been nothing but generous in giving away your code for the benefit of the community and your commitment to free open and honest sharing of your knowledge has been something that has kept me coming back to this forum. You provide a wonderful dynamic to Kreslik which ranks in importance to the stuff MightyOne is expressing (maybe not to all but certainly to me). It would be a sad day if you left or stopped posting...

This thought I should set the record straight.
:smt065

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

On a more serious note I don't know why those who want to make trading insanely complicated haven't brought calculus or Fourier analysis into it yet...

speed26

To Relativity

Postby speed26 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Relativity,

I must say it is nice to see such thoughts you have shared in this thread, and i must admit i do somewhat feel inclined along the paths/questions you shared here.

I dont frequent this forum much, nor many others for that matter, but all in all what we have discussed in the past publicly is interesting and definetely outside the box.

Many moons ago i was discussing some research/thoughts with a trader in private (not here in this forum). What we discussed, and what he shared (having me shared my own research) was very interesting and inspiring.

But lets just say he does go along the same train of thoughts as you do with price action and causation.

Overall, he considers price action to be an "old school" approach to trading, and that the name of the game (a fraction of it) is all ingrained in momentum...momentum action.

Relativity

[quote="speed26"]Hi Relativity,

Postby Relativity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 am

speed26 wrote:Hi Relativity,

I must say it is nice to see such thoughts you have shared in this thread, and i must admit i do somewhat feel inclined along the paths/questions you shared here.

I dont frequent this forum much, nor many others for that matter, but all in all what we have discussed in the past publicly is interesting and definetely outside the box.

Many moons ago i was discussing some research/thoughts with a trader in private (not here in this forum). What we discussed, and what he shared (having me shared my own research) was very interesting and inspiring.

But lets just say he does go along the same train of thoughts as you do with price action and causation.

Overall, he considers price action to be an "old school" approach to trading, and that the name of the game (a fraction of it) is all ingrained in momentum...momentum action.

Jalarupa wrote:Relativity...

I sincerely hope that you do not stop posting your findings and charts for the benefit of others who have the analytical mind sets to take what you have presented and apply your studies to their trades and understanding of market price discovery...

You have been nothing but generous in giving away your code for the benefit of the community and your commitment to free open and honest sharing of your knowledge has been something that has kept me coming back to this forum. You provide a wonderful dynamic to Kreslik which ranks in importance to the stuff MightyOne is expressing (maybe not to all but certainly to me). It would be a sad day if you left or stopped posting...

This thought I should set the record straight.

This post is for speed26 and Jalarupa : you guys are peeps I truly enjoy and respect => especially in terms of being genuine and true to yourselves.

Most of my work are now in a thread at babypips. I am very delighted to be working with a few new but wonderful peeps who are open to the unconventional, yet at the same time down to earth when necessary. And these guys really work hard to find the truth for themselves as they see me doing the same : I admire that. Admittedly, the progression of the thread gave further breakthrough to my trading, much further than I expected.

So, I do find it hard to leave kreslik, but much of my creativity is now expressed (happily) elsewhere.

newscalper wrote:On a more serious note I don't know why those who want to make trading insanely complicated haven't brought calculus or Fourier analysis into it yet...

I agree. It can be done but I do not wish to do that (yet). Why?

One of my main goals is to create tools / indicators that will give a true edge to the retail trader / layman. I am no phD too, but I can try to work something out :
-Does not use complicated formulas that will distort what price is really doing.
-Simple to use and does a very good description and mapping of price action, in consideration of the trader's makeup for learning : visual / auditory / kinesthetic.
-Apply simple statistics like mean / std devs / freq dist to find repeatable price action
-Ensure the base 'formula' + statistic is self learning and enduring

The weird thing is what the stuff signalbender has does indeed facilitate what I want to do. I've been researching his work along with my own for years. I've always reasoned (at least to myself) that not many understood his work, due to the fact that it is over-descriptive in word form.

Again, the issue of 'over-descriptive' is relative to persons and is subjective. I can still stomach in what he says, all in all the walls of texts, but maybe not someone else.

Hence an attempt to translate his work into a form of wave analysis / zigzag indicator, currently going on very successfully. This attempts to visually map out the 'seemingly overly complicated formulas' or 'lengthly yadada descriptions of price action' onto a chart. I can't build what he did on excel. But I know MT4 well, so I went ahead with what I knew.

I am surprised that its not that hard after all.

Once such a (oddly simple, yet accurate) tool to map of price action on a chart is available, this is then when one can bring in stuff like calculus or Fourier analysis or all the yadada, which I don't really understand it myself too (yet). Not the other way around.

So yeah, quite a long final say of things.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 am

Relativity - I don't know if you'll see this or not but one question I have re Barros swings is this: how do you read them in real time as they 'repaint' much the same way as zig zags do? Are you looking for (for example) a 1-2-3 breakout on a smaller swing and following the larger (at this point, say if going long the next leg of the larger swing will not yet be shown and the last leg will be below) OR...if going for the pull-back, where will Barros give an indicatiion as to where the pullback will be?

Good luck with your new venture etc over at BP :D

speed26

To Relativity

Postby speed26 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 am

Hi Relativity,

Yes, i found your thread on BP. Im reading it and with much intrigue and amusement - you've accomplished a tremendous amount (shame i dont have programing skills - im working on it).

Funny enough, something really caught my attention (amongst other things of course):

statistics based on how long waves start and end based on time.

This is something that ive personally considered and im looking into. However, im still reading your thread top to bottom to get an overview of whats going on.

What i have done in my own way is dissect the types of swings any market does (swing structure if you will) and realized that (other than range contraction/expansion) markets move in specific swings which can be classified and statistically quantified.

ONLY As an example to get my point across:

1) We have 5 different swing configurations that interlink with each other (A, B, C, D, E).

2) Each individual swing type has a statistically quantifiable amount of time to complete, including specific momentum properties involved.
For this reason, we can/could(?) dissect each swing with its own statisticall measurements to gauge start/finish.

3) Each swing will transition into a different type of swing, which in itself also holds statistical properties.

4) Expansion and/or Contraction affect each 5 different swing configurations.

Truth is markets will move no-matter-what from one type of swing into another, since it is the swing type itself which defines a trending or ranging market, be it expanding or contracting.

The question is:

If such swings are clasifiable (with its very own ingrained statistical properties, momentum properties,...) can we conclude or identify EARLY ON which new swing it will transition into???

A turns into B, C, D, E ---- Range contraction or expansion?

B turns into A, C, D, E ---- Range contraction or expansion?

C turns into A, B, D, E ---- Range contraction or expansion?

D turns into A, B, C, E ---- Range contraction or expansion?

E turns into A, B, C, D ---- Range contraction or expansion?

Bare in mind that these are nothing more than ideas based on the theory that markets move in specific swings that expand and contract - over and over again. It may or may not be related at all to your research since ive not read all your thread, but it is something i wanted to share with you.

Kind Regards.

Return to “beginners forum”