American capitalism gone with a whimper

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Do you mean using religion to keep the people passive??

Since this isn't a trading thread, I hope you might inform a bit more about "an explanation of motives." I was only able to draw my above sentence as a conclusion to the first part of the movie. I saw it like a year and a half ago, so I think I only remember the gist of the first part.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newschool

Postby newschool » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Tyger is your avatar from kubrick's film ?

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Good Morning Comrades !!!

It is a brand new day for the Mother Land. Your life, freedoms, rights and libertys are not from God--This is a big fat capitalist pig lie. All comes the Amerika State. You will submit or d.. .....

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 --- The day America died
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

newschool wrote:Tyger is your avatar from kubrick's film ?

No, it's not from the movie, I love that movie tho, for some strange reason. Well, it's me in my 2008 Halloween costume, it was inspired by the movie.
Its supposed to be called "Venetian Highwayman", can't find any good webpages with them now though.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 am

Hail-Mary????????

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62L4GC20100322

(Reuters) - Republican attorneys general in at least 12 states warned on Monday that lawsuits will be filed to stop the federal government's healthcare reform bill from encroaching on states' sovereignty.

U.S. | BARACK OBAMA | HEALTH | HEALTHCARE REFORM

The lawsuits were widely expected with announcements coming from the states' top legal officials less than 24 hours after the House of Representatives gave final approval to a sweeping overhaul of healthcare.

State officials are concerned the burden of providing healthcare will fall to them without enough federal support.

Eleven of the attorneys general plan to band together in a collective lawsuit on behalf of Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Washington.

"Congress' attempt to force Michigan families to buy health insurance -- or else -- raises serious constitutional concerns," said Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox. "We will fight to defend the individual rights and freedoms of Michigan citizens against this radical overreach by the federal government."

The state attorneys general say the reforms infringe on state powers under the Constitution's Bill of Rights.

Virginia Attorney General Kenneth Cuccinelli, who plans to file a lawsuit in federal court in Richmond, Virginia, said Congress lacks authority under its constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce to force people to buy insurance. The bill also conflicts with a state law that says Virginians cannot be required to buy insurance, he added.

"If a person decides not to buy health insurance, that person by definition is not engaging in commerce," Cuccinelli said in recorded comments. "If you are not engaging in commerce, how can the federal government regulate you?"

Forrest McDonald, a retired University of Alabama history professor who has written a book on states' rights, said Congress has no power to make someone buy something.

"You can stretch it all to hell and you're going to find a lot of power, but you can't find the power to make me buy a car or anything," he said.

But Mark Rosen, a Constitution scholar at Chicago-Kent College of Law, said the states do not really have a constitutional leg to stand on.

"Congress has clear authority to pass this type of legislation and under the supremacy clause that makes federal law supreme," he said.

Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, a Democrat, blasted the lawsuit, saying: "It's a waster of taxpayer money and it's nothing more than political grandstanding," he told reporters.

Several Democratic governors released statements in support of the healthcare reform bill.

States have also cited the 10th Amendment of the Constitution, which states that "powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states," as proof that the U.S. government cannot set their healthcare laws.

In addition to the pending lawsuits, bills and resolutions have been introduced in at least 36 state legislatures seeking to limit or oppose various aspects of the reform plan through laws or state constitutional amendments, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

So far, only two states -- Idaho and Virginia -- have enacted laws, while an Arizona constitutional amendment is seeking voter approval on the November ballot. But the actual enactment of the bill by President Barack Obama could spur more movement on the measures by state lawmakers.

Tea Party groups in Ohio planned to unveil a proposed constitutional amendment later on Monday aimed at shielding the state's residents from "financial burdens and individual mandates" related to the federal healthcare changes.

As is the case on the Congressional level, partisan politics is in play on the state level, where no anti-healthcare reform legislation has emerged in Democrat-dominated states like Illinois and New York, according to the NCSL.

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum, a Republican candidate running for governor, said the mandate would cost Florida at least $1.6 billion in Medicaid alone.

All states would receive extra funding to cover Medicaid costs, which are expected to rise under the reform, including 100 percent federal coverage for new enrollees under the plan through 2016.

Medicaid is the healthcare program for the poor jointly administered by the states and federal government.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 am

Good Evening Comrades

A couple hours ago I sent an email to Apari UK to inquire about opening an account with them.

Here is the email reply I got a short time after sending the email:

[Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest.

As a US resident you are not eligible for an account with Alpari (UK).

Unfortunately due to governing laws in the US we are unable to offer live accounts to persons residing in the US unless they can be classified as an "Eligible Participant". Please refer to http://static.alpari.co.uk/docs/ecp_notice.pdf

We can offer accounts to an American citizen residing outside the USA but not from within.

Alternatively, you can contact Alpari US. Their website is http://www.alpari-us.com/

Should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, ...]

Indeed, as TRO pointed out several months ago at a border crossing, OUR FREEDOMS AND LIBERTIES ARE BEING STOLEN FROM US, U.S. I was wrong then in my judgment.

It is up to every individual, every city, every county, every state, every appointed official, every government employee and every elected official at all and every level right up to the President to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

I honor All Sons and Daughters of Liberty...

Patch
InVA USA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 am

Patch, Try GoMarkets in Oz ( http://www.gomarketsaus.com/ ) if you were going for alpari uk as a metatrader broker.

I have had good service from them, and the spreads are pretty good as well.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 am

Yes but Bredin you reside in NZ, I am not sure it will change something for Patch's case...

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 am

I got a meaasge from GoMarkets a while ago saying that they were not obliged by US law.
In either case an email to them cant do any damage and there is a solution to this....

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Bredin

Thanks for reminding me of GoMarkets in Oz. I think I will fund MB Trading for the moment. My BuyZone EA could possibly have a hedge situation now and then for a short time. It has a switch to trade red or green or purple. When I get it finished I will test it for red or green. My bias is red right now.

Does anyone have a feel for how long it takes for trade communications from Washington DC to MB Trading in El Segundo, CA, versus from DC to Go Markets Pty Ltd, Level 16, 114 William Street, Melbourne, VIC? I expect my EA to be scalping 1 to 5 pips per trade.

Patch
InVA

Return to “beginners forum”