American capitalism gone with a whimper

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 am

NZ govt has just announced "tax changes" which are in theory meant to stop parasites in the property sector, like introducing capital gains tax into property, but in reality tax the productive, risk averse (ie those that believe in positive gearing) investor and continue to subsidise those that deliberatly lose money by allowing tax benefits for negative gearing parasites....
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newschool

Postby newschool » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:50 am

newschool wrote:The rise and fall of empires = www.the-spearhead.com/2010/01/14/john-bagot-glubb/

The main issue is positive law and positive action "entitling" certain people to this, that or the other. It should be about the best fit, man or women, whatever the skincolor may be, for a position.

Crazy fookhead politicians over here are talking about certain percentages disabled, women, illiterate etc. that businesses HAVE to employ. In politics, despicable as it is anyway, they want to have equal numbers of women and men. Same goes for civil "servants" (heck I know who serves who, I serve them money and they fook up my life in return).

That is indeed a recipe for disaster. A welfare/warfare state financed by fiat money creates empires and brings them down.

We are facing the beginning of the end of an era. It is gonna get ugly. Batten the hatches.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:31 am

PTG

I like the post you made on "Oh...The Horror!" earlier this afternoon. I can't tell you that Joe Wilson should get a box of metals for his statement of truth on the house floor a few months ago. I will scan and post a copy of the bumper sticker when it gets done.

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:46 am

Patch wrote:PTG

I like the post you made on "Oh...The Horror!" earlier this afternoon. I can't tell you that Joe Wilson should get a box of metals for his statement of truth on the house floor a few months ago. I will scan and post a copy of the bumper sticker when it gets done.

Patch
In VA

One of my principles: NEVER trust a politician.

Politicians are agents of interest groups who's interest are to coerce me into doing something I woudln't do myself on a voluntary basis.

I don't want that shite. Fook-em.

I cannot understand why I have to allow a third party to interfere with an agreement that I make with somebody else on a voluntary basis.

Why is there no competition for government "services" ? Is it because of that, that their service sucks ? (yes it is) (think of the USPS vs. FedEx or UPS)

The welfare/warfare states that we are living in are going to go down. Empires find their Waterloo eventually (literally). The sooner the better.

Let's get crackin'.. 8)

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 am

PTG

When you say lets get grackin... you mean lets master this trading so we can break free of jobs and debt.

That is what I take it to mean.

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 am

Patch wrote:PTG

When you say lets get grackin... you mean lets master this trading so we can break free of jobs and debt.

That is what I take it to mean.

Patch

That is where it starts, Patch.

Having to service debt is a heavy burden, especially when interest rates are going up. And they will. Getting rid of them would be my first priority.

Or, in other words, you cannot be independent if you have to rely on other people's money.

Apart from this, it is important to educate yourself to become an independant thinker, requiring an open mind and the willingness to learn and to say 'I don't know' if you don't know.

But I think you know all this, so please forgive me in case I sound a bit patronizing because that is not my intention whatsoever.. :wink:

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:59 am

I was reading an economic site a couple of years ago where the PhD who blogged there had calculated that tax and debt loading combined accounted for 90-95% of the cost of most products and services to the consumer.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Free man on the land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzrfJbbj_o

3 part video.

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm

PTG & breden

In addition to taxes and debt, which may indirectly or not be included in taxes, their is the huge cost of regulation and the lawyers to stay inside compliance, or fines and court costs for disputes with regulators and regulations. This must put us up to 110% of costs. The bottom line, with these carrying costs, US manufacturing is no longer competitive with China, India and others countries who don't have the large government burden.

Patch

Return to “beginners forum”