American capitalism gone with a whimper

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 pm

PTG

Want to let you know I am reading Mark Levin's book, Liberty & Tyranny. Up to chapter 3 and Lavin has great insite into our present day. Yesterday, Wednesday, 8/6/2009, I heard a post on utube or something by a woman working at our White House, asking people to report people or things going on against the "health plan" now "insurance plan" fixes. Coming from my White House. What is going on? This sounds like Germany in the 30's. Next I am going to read the Presidents favorite author, Sal O'lynski's book Rules for Radicals. PTG, if you have not gotten Levin's book, let me know and I will send a copy to you. -- Very concerned for America's Freedom and gift of Constitutional Liberty, -- Patch

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PTG

Postby PTG » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Patch wrote:PTG

Want to let you know I am reading Mark Levin's book, Liberty & Tyranny. Up to chapter 3 and Lavin has great insite into our present day. Yesterday, Wednesday, 8/6/2009, I heard a post on utube or something by a woman working at our White House, asking people to report people or things going on against the "health plan" now "insurance plan" fixes. Coming from my White House. What is going on? This sounds like Germany in the 30's. Next I am going to read the Presidents favorite author, Sal O'lynski's book Rules for Radicals. PTG, if you have not gotten Levin's book, let me know and I will send a copy to you. -- Very concerned for America's Freedom and gift of Constitutional Liberty, -- Patch

Thanks Patch.
You are searching in the right direction. This IS like Germany in the 30's.
It is VERY worrysome. Please do NOT believe government as they are guaranteed to screw you big time.

I don't know Levin's book. I believe Levin is a neo-con ?

O. is a Trojan horse to individual liberty, as was Bush and -even worse- many predecessors. It's all about the power to rule people.
As usual, he doesn't stick to his promises during his campaign. Well wel, what a surprise.

Please make sure to look at lewrockwell.com , lewrockwell.com/blog and mises.org You will be able to find a wealth of factual information that you cannot find in the mainstream. If you are really getting into this, you will find that many things are not as they seem and that history has been falsified by those who call the shots for theur convenience. Life will never be the same again, but it's better to see what is actually happening than to put the head in the sand and pretend that everything is hunkydory.

Cheers, PTG.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

frang0nve

The Gold Standard

Postby frang0nve » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:21 pm

The Gold Standard
Perspectives in the Austrian School
Edited with an Introduction by
Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
Ludwig von Mises Institute

http://mises.org/books/goldstandard.pdf

Excerpts:

" 'An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is
one issue which unites statists of all persuasions' wrote Alan
Greenspan in 1966. "They seem to sense perhaps more
clearly and subtly than many consistent defenders of laissez-faire that
gold and economic freedom are inseparable, that the gold standard is
an instrument of laissez-faire and that each implies and requires the
other.
At his confirmation hearings for the chairmanship of the Federal
Reserve System some years later, Greenspan repudiated his views as
mere philosophical musings. Perhaps this is understandable; a real gold
standard would make the jobs of the Federal Reserve chairman and his
Congressional questioners, i.e., manipulating the economy and redistributing wealth, much more difficult."

"We had a gold standard once upon a time, some economists say, but no more. "History" has rejected the idea. But, as many contributors to this volume explain, it was not the gold standard that failed, but government that killed it because it was too effective a brake on state
ambition."

"One objective might be to aim for every American to become a gold
owner. We must encourage a broader base of political support for gold
ownership and the availability of gold for personal economic objectives.
Certainly a broader base of gold ownership in the country would help to
reduce the threats of discriminatory taxation or regulation of gold
ownership and gold coin transactions, which are seriously favored in
Congress today."
Last edited by frang0nve on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Mini book by Gary North: Mises on Money

http://lewrockwell.com/north/MOM.html

The Austrian School of Economics is the ONLY school of economic thought that has it right because it doesn't differentiate between money (= the most marketable commodity) and other marketable assets. It also adheres to a) supply and demand and b) highest bid wins.

Crackpots like Keynes and monetarists (like Milton Friedman) treat money as a separate class, under control by central banking and governments. That is how people are manipulated and kept under control.

Here is another relevant book by Murray Rothbard: The Mystery of Banking
http://mises.org/Books/mysteryofbanking.pdf

Another one is "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". You can find that on mises.org too.

DRAIN THE BANKS

and

END THE FED !!
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Who said they want to keep mexicans out? I think they prefer the mexicans to stay in, so that companies like WalMart can continue to profit off illegal and cheap labour.

Why do you think they leave those holes in the fences at the border? Do you think the border police are really that stupid? No. They turn a blind eye, because these illegal/cheap labourer in fact help the economy by keeping businesses - in business.

RicG

Traders Transaction Tax

Postby RicG » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

The ridiculous Trader's Transaction Tax is apparently garnering more support:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/68273 ... -trade-tax

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/transa ... fits-table

Many in the government think this will help increase tax revenues, when in actuality many traders (myself included) will simply trade overseas markets - thus helping to further cripple the U.S. economy.

MainelyForex

Hello to lower levereage

Postby MainelyForex » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm

rowdy wrote:What scares me the most is instituting a trader tax or reducing forex leverage. Both are still being considered. If forex leverage is reduced to 1.5 to 1, then that will ruin the entire forex infrastructure. It wont matter if you move out of the country because forex wont be worth trading. Removing almost all of the U.S. liquidity will be the death of forex. Then they will do the same to futures, options, etc. so that buy and hold is all you get. That may have worked years ago but IMHO is doesnt work anymore. Indeed that is the reason why I am here.

I do think we will see inflation, but I dont think we will see hyperinflation like Zimbabwe. Why? The reason is that the people that really run this country(the people who stop hunt us)like the system the way it is.

I received notification today that the NFA is requiring ALL U.S. brokers to cut their leverage back from 400:1 down to 100:1 effective BY November 30,2009. They are telling me that I can open an account overseas and still trade with 400:1 leverage. I am in the process of switching to MB Trading and need to find out if they have an office in London where I can open an account. Looks like I'll be trading the Euro/USD next year!!!

es/pip

Re: Traders Transaction Tax

Postby es/pip » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:17 am

RicG wrote:The ridiculous Trader's Transaction Tax is apparently garnering more support:

Many in the government think this will help increase tax revenues, when in actuality many traders (myself included) will simply trade overseas markets - thus helping to further cripple the U.S. economy.

1. it is going to have to be a global thing if it is going to work.

2. if it is a global thing then what country gets the money? too complicated

3. if the us does it alone at the rate they are talking about doing it, every brokerage will move to Switzerland or wherever. the spreads will be huge, no one will trade and it will collapse wallstreet, then they will repent it--hopefully

3. i dont see switzerland joining in on this, just have to trade there or wherever they do not decide to implement it, and whichever country doesnt go along with it will receive all the brokerages and a s**t ton of money.

in summary, i do not think it will happen.--- i hate Geitner with a passion but he is against the tax--- obviously bec he is in GS pocket---lol

the flip side, they pass it and all the big boys are exempt and we are all screwed--- which if passed is the most likely outcome

i will just trade in whatever country doesn't implement it
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

RicG

Postby RicG » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 am

es/pip wrote:
RicG wrote:The ridiculous Trader's Transaction Tax is apparently garnering more support:

1. it is going to have to be a global thing if it is going to work.

2. if it is a global thing then what country gets the money? too complicated

3. if the us does it alone at the rate they are talking about doing it, every brokerage will move to Switzerland or wherever. the spreads will be huge, no one will trade and it will collapse wallstreet, then they will repent it--hopefully

3. i dont see switzerland joining in on this, just have to trade there or wherever they do not decide to implement it, and whichever country doesnt go along with it will receive all the brokerages and a s**t ton of money.

in summary, i do not think it will happen.--- i hate Geitner with a passion but he is against the tax--- obviously bec he is in GS pocket---lol

the flip side, they pass it and all the big boys are exempt and we are all screwed--- which if passed is the most likely outcome

i will just trade in whatever country doesn't implement it
Hi traders,

An online petition has been started in an attempt to block the latest version of the ridiculous Financial Transaction Tax. I urge each of you to take just a few moments and sign it:

http://www.rallycongress.com/greentrade ... ction-tax/

More information about the tax and its potential global ramifications can be found at:

http://www.greencompany.com/blog/index.php

Regards,
Ric
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

RicG

Postby RicG » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 am

Great article in the WSJ on the proposed Financial Transaction Tax:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 83292.html
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Return to “beginners forum”