A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:40 am

Nice setup on A/J, same old thing close over, close under.....
Attachments
ajggg.png
ajggg.png (41.31 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:21 am

Eurusd trade today. Slowing building my confidence again.

1hr Analysis

15min Entry Chart

BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Tony Montana

Postby Tony Montana » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am

Doji, BB, great work my friends.... did you see BB what happened
this time, you took the trade with the formation going with you (15min) ;)
While it may be true that 95-99% of Forex traders fail, 100% of Forex traders who never give up will succeed

marex

Postby marex » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello again Doji, : to answer your questions...

Im posting trades which emulate the methods outlined in this thread. Horizontal line trading is a method that remains consistent and should be used...'

I use a system which utilizes other forms of analysis. Call it metrics, statistical crystal ball, probability models? High frequency stuff. In a nutshell, we trade buy and sell simutaneously. Regardless, its too much to explain, and frankly you guys have a reliable, and most importantly a profitable system.

I don't use mt4, so if I post potentially winning trades, I don't want to advertise for these retail brokers...thus the whitening out. I only use mt4 to post charts on various forums.

You're doin great! Don't change a thing.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks Tony

im starting to see it more and more. :).

Really appreciate yours and dojis help and input :)
BB

Tony Montana wrote:Doji, BB, great work my friends.... did you see BB what happened
this time, you took the trade with the formation going with you (15min) ;)
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

marex

another live one

Postby marex » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Live one... Got into this one a little late on mt, but there were still pips to be had... so why not. Just take it from line to line....

I am not providing a signal service, I'm just posting live trades to show you how the method Doji has outlines is reliable... Trade at own risk.
Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (11.08 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 am

Really sorry I've not been around live yet - major house renovation going on atm :(
Anyway. Have I got this anywhere near right?
My view from H4 is I'm looking for a short from this area, price is above your 12EMA and in a zone of previous supply, target is to zero out the zone below.
One question I have about the 12 above below rule you have personally - is that just on your entry chart on on your higher TF analysis chart too - if it's on both you will not participate in the major trends when they occur and will only be looking to scalp tops and bottoms?
Drop down to m15
Now this is where things always get hella confusing for me. Why, well on H4 there's a zone for a possible short but as price has also broken out of the other high there's also the trade for the pullback to the 100% for the long. Atm on the m15 I see the 3 red down candles which overcame (just) the upward engulfing bar, close over close under, 50% retrace and enter where I've put that little arrow. Bars have closed against since so would probably have gotten out again.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Newscalper

This how i saw that on 15min. People might call me crazy but if price isn't to clear what i do is,take a picture and actually draw all stuff on it, 95% time it makes things alot more obvious.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Your logic is the same as mine, therefore would you be looking for an initial entry where I said or do you go for a break and then another pullback on this TF? Because if you do, you've just missed the move?

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:59 pm

yep i missed it cause posting, there will be plenty of more trades :D. This is exactly what i would done, i would dialed down to 5mins to see whats happening in the breakout and look for clues if its going to hold or not.

15min

5min

BB

newscalper wrote:Your logic is the same as mine, therefore would you be looking for an initial entry where I said or do you go for a break and then another pullback on this TF? Because if you do, you've just missed the move?

Return to “beginners forum”