A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Thats very true, but lean on your skill at managing a trade so you don't take a big loss.

Not sure if you are fimilar with Sam Seidens supply and demand, but he saids always trade with orderzone behind you. Look for lower timeframe orderzones ,to backup the daily keylevels. If you can't clearly identify lowertime frame orderzone then its no trade.

If you still loss a position after all that , just taken it on the chin can't win all the time. I have change my attitude to taking loses its all part of trading and i realised the more i tried to avoid a lost the more money i would lose.

Im sure you heard the term , cut your loses short and let your winners run.

BB

newscalper wrote:
dojirock wrote:Great drawing Tony, thanks!

I know that picture VERY well LOL. The problem often is when it doesn't do that, and you start getting rat entries and get whipped all the way down to the bottom.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:39 pm

bettlebox wrote:Thats very true, but lean on your skill at managing a trade so you don't take a big loss.

Not sure if you are fimilar with Sam Seidens supply and demand, but he saids always trade with orderzone behind you. Look for lower timeframe orderzones ,to backup the daily keylevels. If you can't clearly identify lowertime frame orderzone then its no trade.

If you still loss a position after all that , just taken it on the chin can't win all the time. I have change my attitude to taking loses its all part of trading and i realised the more i tried to avoid a lost the more money i would lose.

BB

newscalper wrote:

I know that picture VERY well LOL. The problem often is when it doesn't do that, and you start getting rat entries and get whipped all the way down to the bottom.

Yeah I'm very familiar with Seiden. When you talk of low TF orderzone are you talking about a congestion breakout with a pullback entry, if so, I take it the breakout had to have occurred today?

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:01 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:You cannot (I cannot) trade space with 1 lot...
2 lots maybe, but even then you are stuck with the 1
lot short-stick after a partial stop or TP.

3 lots is as low as you can possible go without severely limiting your
strategical options.

Your exact entry doesn't matter, this does:

#1: Position in the market
#2: Position Size prior to range expansion
#3: Range expansion

Your job is 1 & 2.

Who is your Dad?

What!?

Matthew 23:9

Wrong "Father".
You know who you looked up to as a little boy, No matter what spin you put on it now.
He may not be as good a trader as you, but he is still 50% of where you came from.

Then I would say Ken Roberts because I have looked up to him, since age 16, as a model of success.
Without Ken Roberts there would have been no MO; you could say that the man beget me :wink:

Fair enough.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 pm

im not sure what you mean when you say "I take it the breakout had to have occurred today" maybe do a quick picture ?

newscalper wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Thats very true, but lean on your skill at managing a trade so you don't take a big loss.

BB

newscalper wrote:

Yeah I'm very familiar with Seiden. When you talk of low TF orderzone are you talking about a congestion breakout with a pullback entry, if so, I take it the breakout had to have occurred today?
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Tony Montana

Postby Tony Montana » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm

dojirock wrote:What, no charts today Tony?? I like the animation! :D

Sorry doji i was very busy today i just took like 15 pips today and then i close for the day, i needed to do other things, oh well ... the next week i will keep uploading charts, maybe some animations lol
While it may be true that 95-99% of Forex traders fail, 100% of Forex traders who never give up will succeed

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 pm

bettlebox wrote:im not sure what you mean when you say "I take it the breakout had to have occurred today" maybe do a quick picture ?

newscalper wrote:

BB

newscalper wrote:

Exactly what I said really, otherwise 'orderzone behind you' doesn't make much sense. What orderzone? In the world of Seiden the orderzone is an area of congestion followed by a breakout, he then looks for price to return the to make an entry. Exactly the same thing as looking for a return to, say, an H4 momo breakout. We're talking small timeframes here, so I asked if you meant a congestion breakout, say on m5 which occurs today. A 5 minute breakout 2 weeks ago which just happens to line up with price today - is that 'behind you'? What/where IS 'behind you'?

I have to say, some of the things being written in this thread are great because a lot of it is piecemeal all over the forum.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi News, i hope this helps.

I used that daily example again , as to give you principle. You dont have to do it just on daily you can use it on lower times frames .

So ref to the pictures, when price returned to that level in september (that price movement started in may) you would have already identified that area as high probability setup for rattrade south. Even thou its been 5months you still have 1day,4hr,1hr and 15min orderzone on your back as you open the trade in september. Its a s**t load confulence.

When you take your 15 min rat trade in september (off the daily high key level) you got whole bunch of orders backing you up. Its not just a short off a key level.

This what i mean having orders on your back or trading away from orders within orders. I hope you see it and makes sense.

NB: You can't see the fibo levels i marked up on the daily candle too well the dark blues not showing up too well on black, they are there and all the orderzone are right on top of the daily opening key level from May. I can redo charts to make the fibo clearer?

Daily chart

4hr chart

1hr chart

15min Chart

BB
newscalper wrote:
bettlebox wrote:im not sure what you mean when you say "I take it the breakout had to have occurred today" maybe do a quick picture ?

newscalper wrote:

BB

newscalper wrote:

Exactly what I said really, otherwise 'orderzone behind you' doesn't make much sense. What orderzone? In the world of Seiden the orderzone is an area of congestion followed by a breakout, he then looks for price to return the to make an entry. Exactly the same thing as looking for a return to, say, an H4 momo breakout. We're talking small timeframes here, so I asked if you meant a congestion breakout, say on m5 which occurs today. A 5 minute breakout 2 weeks ago which just happens to line up with price today - is that 'behind you'? What/where IS 'behind you'?

I have to say, some of the things being written in this thread are great because a lot of it is piecemeal all over the forum.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:32 am

This shows analysis of price rotation on 4hr chart with 1 day overlay (grey dotted boxes) see how everyday price rotations around support becoming resistance, resistance becoming support. On and on day in day out. Combine this with daily key level , 4hr candles (combined).

Concept

Page1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

page 5

page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

BB

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 pm

There is really nothing to it...

You have supply, demand, & middle.

In a rising market, either the high or the middle becomes the new low.

Watch the candles to see if they become consecutively smaller/larger when they draw near to a level.

True momo candles, momo by comparison..., will usually point out S/D.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm

bettlebox wrote:This shows analysis of price rotation on 4hr chart with 1 day overlay (grey dotted boxes) see how everyday price rotations around support becoming resistance, resistance becoming support. On and on day in day out. Combine this with daily key level , 4hr candles (combined).

Concept

Page1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

page 5

page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

BB

Sure glad you used the horizontal lines
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “beginners forum”