A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 pm

lol, Whos, whos dad??...what you talkin about????

me? or bb, or someone else?
:smt027
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

iberia

Postby iberia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 am

oh ,down again..

:( :( :( :(
Professional LED Faucet
cheap faucet LED faucet faucets online

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:You cannot (I cannot) trade space with 1 lot...
2 lots maybe, but even then you are stuck with the 1
lot short-stick after a partial stop or TP.

3 lots is as low as you can possible go without severely limiting your
strategical options.

Your exact entry doesn't matter, this does:

#1: Position in the market
#2: Position Size prior to range expansion
#3: Range expansion

Your job is 1 & 2.

Who is your Dad?

What!?

Matthew 23:9

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 am

Well the level held and it went up like stink

Now approaching H4 zline - yesterday was up and the 50% fib is below, but not looking for shorts from the H4 Zline just hitting now? In this instance what is the significance of that daily fib? Or is that just a confluence thing?

I know what you meant about the H4 candle to the left marking the zone as the momo candle perhaps wasn't great BUT individual H4 bars mean diddly, no-one sees them the same. What I did see was the original return to the area with what appeared as a doji but with a BIG wick in both directions then 7 green H4 bars. Also the daily chart showed a momo bar (almost) from that area. So short trades were going into a daily demand area.

So one TF says short, another says long so exit criteria is key because if you entered on M15 and were hoping to hold for more you jsut got smashed. If you entered on M15 and only took 20 pips or whatever then..OK

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 am

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

strategical options.

Your job is 1 & 2.

Who is your Dad?

What!?

Wrong "Father".
You know who you looked up to as a little boy, No matter what spin you put on it now.
He may not be as good a trader as you, but he is still 50% of where you came from.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

Plus there was 2 x 15min zline bang on at rat trade. :) . Smaller timeframe orderzones with in higher timeframe orderzones works a treat.

newscalper wrote:Well the level held and it went up like stink

Now approaching H4 zline - yesterday was up and the 50% fib is below, but not looking for shorts from the H4 Zline just hitting now? In this instance what is the significance of that daily fib? Or is that just a confluence thing?

I know what you meant about the H4 candle to the left marking the zone as the momo candle perhaps wasn't great BUT individual H4 bars mean diddly, no-one sees them the same. What I did see was the original return to the area with what appeared as a doji but with a BIG wick in both directions then 7 green H4 bars. Also the daily chart showed a momo bar (almost) from that area. So short trades were going into a daily demand area.

So one TF says short, another says long so exit criteria is key because if you entered on M15 and were hoping to hold for more you jsut got smashed. If you entered on M15 and only took 20 pips or whatever then..OK
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

withnail

Postby withnail » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Nice bb. Small levels within bigger levels at extremes. Try to hold some position to catch the daily range expansion is the best recipe i know of to risk nothing to potentialy make a lot.
Cheers,
Withnail
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:39 pm

bettlebox wrote:Plus there was 2 x 15min zline bang on at rat trade. :) . Smaller timeframe orderzones with in higher timeframe orderzones works a treat.

Which daily 50% level - I thought you just marked out the 50% level of the day before on the previous chart approx where the pivot was? Now it looks like you're marking 50% of a daily momo which was days ago?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:45 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

strategical options.

Your job is 1 & 2.

Who is your Dad?

What!?

Wrong "Father".
You know who you looked up to as a little boy, No matter what spin you put on it now.
He may not be as good a trader as you, but he is still 50% of where you came from.

Then I would say Ken Roberts because I have looked up to him, since age 16, as a model of success.
Without Ken Roberts there would have been no MO; you could say that the man beget me :wink:

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

If price moves out of the previous day range i will use earlier days key levels.
Even used daily key levels over month ago. It works. Plus im always interested when price is at weekly keylevels only if price is in range it thou.

newscalper wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Plus there was 2 x 15min zline bang on at rat trade. :) . Smaller timeframe orderzones with in higher timeframe orderzones works a treat.

Which daily 50% level - I thought you just marked out the 50% level of the day before on the previous chart approx where the pivot was? Now it looks like you're marking 50% of a daily momo which was days ago?
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Return to “beginners forum”