A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:21 am

Happy New Year All!
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:34 am

dojirock wrote:Happy New Year All!

Whats happening buddy?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 pm

I only started reading this a week ago since it popped up on the recent posts after sitting idle for a while.
Really good thread and concept, similar to Alias Smiths strategy it seems, but some additional info on the bias and Dragon style Z Lines.
Funny to see Pro using BB way back then but looks like a good way to train to see the extremes.
Bet you guys didn't have grey hair when these forums were active but you do now :)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:59 am

kiwiarian wrote:I only started reading this a week ago since it popped up on the recent posts after sitting idle for a while.
Really good thread and concept, similar to Alias Smiths strategy it seems, but some additional info on the bias and Dragon style Z Lines.
Funny to see Pro using BB way back then but looks like a good way to train to see the extremes.
Bet you guys didn't have grey hair when these forums were active but you do now :)

To bad doji is in the witness protection system. Now he can't share his charts. 8)

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:42 am

aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:I only started reading this a week ago since it popped up on the recent posts after sitting idle for a while.

To bad doji is in the witness protection system. Now he can't share his charts. 8)

:lol: go through a few VPN services and come up with another username and bobs your Uncle, or in his case Uncle Sam.
He may have stopped trading now and is living off a high interest term deposit that are on offer now. :roll:
There are a lot of sample charts from earlier on in the thread to get a good idea on how it worked and a few people asked the same stuff over and over about Z-Lines so some very detailed explanations are provided.
So far in this exciting read I am up to the part where he covered the core strategy and then someone talks about 3xcc might work with this too so I have paused there why I investigate the 3xcc stuff.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:08 am

kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

:lol: go through a few VPN services and come up with another username and bobs your Uncle, or in his case Uncle Sam.
He may have stopped trading now and is living off a high interest term deposit that are on offer now. :roll:
There are a lot of sample charts from earlier on in the thread to get a good idea on how it worked and a few people asked the same stuff over and over about Z-Lines so some very detailed explanations are provided.
So far in this exciting read I am up to the part where he covered the core strategy and then someone talks about 3xcc might work with this too so I have paused there why I investigate the 3xcc stuff.

He should be on an Island but I dont believe he is. He definitely posted some nice info in the past regardless.

3xcc is an overlay of an artificial higher timeframe or real one. This way you can have a higher and lower on the same chart.

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:26 am

aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

He should be on an Island but I dont believe he is. He definitely posted some nice info in the past regardless.

3xcc is an overlay of an artificial higher timeframe or real one. This way you can have a higher and lower on the same chart.

Maybe around that time with all the Kreslik guru's making zillions all the Islands got snapped up so he might have settled for a ranch........
Yeah I found the 3 blind mice thread which looks straight forward so far in the first few pages, the wick dolls got my eye, will see if that is worth noting down in my notebook.

So at XMAS time with wobbling fresh in my mind I spent some time at XMAS time coding up in MT4 an EA that allows me close a few profitable orders against the partial volume of the biggest loser quite quickly. Seems to work OK but the human part of the equation needs some work as my risk side of things gets out of hand when doing averaging (too much fun) so until I can control or figure this part out this method will be on the lower shelf for now.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:30 am

kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote: :lol: go through a few VPN services and come up with another username and bobs your Uncle, or in his case Uncle Sam.

Maybe around that time with all the Kreslik guru's making zillions all the Islands got snapped up so he might have settled for a ranch........
Yeah I found the 3 blind mice thread which looks straight forward so far in the first few pages, the wick dolls got my eye, will see if that is worth noting down in my notebook.

So at XMAS time with wobbling fresh in my mind I spent some time at XMAS time coding up in MT4 an EA that allows me close a few profitable orders against the partial volume of the biggest loser quite quickly. Seems to work OK but the human part of the equation needs some work as my risk side of things gets out of hand when doing averaging (too much fun) so until I can control or figure this part out this method will be on the lower shelf for now.

Ya wobbling is fun. I think the biggest hurdle with it is what you are having issues with, downside!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:43 am

kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote: :lol: go through a few VPN services and come up with another username and bobs your Uncle, or in his case Uncle Sam.

I think MO made a bunch of money but at the time I dont think he was a millionaire.
ES/pips might have been a millionaire but more from his real estate holding.
I think Dchappy was retired and making extra money to spend on his grandkids. One week he made about $90k and we never saw him again.

In this business many people are happy to have a nice paying stay at home job. They aren't worried about millions.

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:45 am

aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Ya wobbling is fun. I think the biggest hurdle with it is what you are having issues with, downside!

Yes indeed, I have seen it work for some people so it's one I will keep hammering away at in the background, but with tiny /partial volume risk.
So do you have any hot topics you are learning this year or will you just keep doing the stuff that works for you ?

Return to “beginners forum”