A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

hhc

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby hhc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi, i think my Risk Management is correct, i risk 1.5% of my account per trade and i do not have more than 6% risked at the same time, but my problem is that i have way much more losing trades than winning trades, then is just matter of time to lose my account, more time, but it will happen at the end if i do not have a minimum of winning trades to overcome the loss from the losing trades, Risk management is not my problem, thank you anyway.

BambinoFlex wrote:
hhc wrote:Heeellllpppp!!!, i have read all 423 pages, i have made my summary of the most relevant information on posts, i have captured charts that have important notes, i have captured charts with examples to study, but i do not get to "see it" i am trying to being profitable since 5 years, looking for strategies and so on, and i have a strong feeling that Doji's IS THE METHOD to have consistency, but i am not making it.
I have 1 day of profits and the next 3 days are losses, wit 1 trade with small profit and 5 with max loss according to my Risk Management (1.5% per trade)
I need another way to learn, i have the feeling that i just need answers from some questions to make it to the other side (the profitable one).
Doji, if in any moment you read this, please read my mail asking to subscribe to your chat room , i will send it to you one more and i will not bother you again.
Thank you in advanced to doji and everyone that contribute to this thread.
Best regards

As long as your money management is good, you’ll be profitable. If not, then that could be the problem. Any good strategy needs good money management. This means, you need to know how much you’re going to lose EVERY single time and you need to be okay with this.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm

hhc wrote:Hi, i think my Risk Management is correct, i risk 1.5% of my account per trade and i do not have more than 6% risked at the same time, but my problem is that i have way much more losing trades than winning trades, then is just matter of time to lose my account, more time, but it will happen at the end if i do not have a minimum of winning trades to overcome the loss from the losing trades, Risk management is not my problem, thank you anyway.

BambinoFlex wrote:
hhc wrote:Heeellllpppp!!!, i have read all 423 pages, i have made my summary of the most relevant information on posts, i have captured charts that have important notes, i have captured charts with examples to study, but i do not get to "see it" i am trying to being profitable since 5 years, looking for strategies and so on, and i have a strong feeling that Doji's IS THE METHOD to have consistency, but i am not making it.
I have 1 day of profits and the next 3 days are losses, wit 1 trade with small profit and 5 with max loss according to my Risk Management (1.5% per trade)
I need another way to learn, i have the feeling that i just need answers from some questions to make it to the other side (the profitable one).
Doji, if in any moment you read this, please read my mail asking to subscribe to your chat room , i will send it to you one more and i will not bother you again.
Best regards

As long as your money management is good, you’ll be profitable. If not, then that could be the problem. Any good strategy needs good money management. This means, you need to know how much you’re going to lose EVERY single time and you need to be okay with this.

I was/am(?) (been doing better lately since I changed this one thing but time will tell) in the same boat. I understand 100% what you mean. You size your positions correctly and place SL's accordingly. But in the long run you feel like you're in a 50/50 where you will end up losing (slowly, but losing in the long run). Maybe you have a good streak and then numbers just start doing their thing and you're back where you started, if not lower.

Trade management is probably where your problem lies. What is your "plan" after you take a trade? Do you let it hit your SL / TP and that's it? Or do you have a plan to actively look at it like "if this thing I'm looking for happens then I'll stay; if this other thing happens then I'm out" throughout the trade? Once you're in profit do you let it go back down and hit your stop? Things of that sort.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Jhx wrote:
hhc wrote:Hi, i think my Risk Management is correct, i risk 1.5% of my account per trade and i do not have more than 6% risked at the same time, but my problem is that i have way much more losing trades than winning trades, then is just matter of time to lose my account, more time, but it will happen at the end if i do not have a minimum of winning trades to overcome the loss from the losing trades, Risk management is not my problem, thank you anyway.

BambinoFlex wrote:

I was/am(?) (been doing better lately since I changed this one thing but time will tell) in the same boat. I understand 100% what you mean. You size your positions correctly and place SL's accordingly. But in the long run you feel like you're in a 50/50 where you will end up losing (slowly, but losing in the long run). Maybe you have a good streak and then numbers just start doing their thing and you're back where you started, if not lower.

Trade management is probably where your problem lies. What is your "plan" after you take a trade? Do you let it hit your SL / TP and that's it? Or do you have a plan to actively look at it like "if this thing I'm looking for happens then I'll stay; if this other thing happens then I'm out" throughout the trade? Once you're in profit do you let it go back down and hit your stop? Things of that sort.

That’s a great point. Money management is there but maybe exit is off? Good input. Life changing for some! Hope your trading improves!
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

hhc

Postby hhc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Jhx, my situation is exactly as you described, about ending were i started or lower.
About the trade plan, my entry TF is 5min, my bias is defined by 1H TF, i trade only with the trend in 1H TF, when i think that entry criteria has been met i enter and set my TP to the previous Broken Zline on the 15min TF (i think this is my more effective part, defining TP, when the trade works my tp is execute and the market reversed after that), my SL is under the closest swing from a semaphore L3. I stay in the trade as long as momentum is on my side.
My doubts come from that i am not entering correctly, i think that i am not identifying entry conditions as Doji's Method, because usually trades start ok, but a fee pips later goes against me, so i assume that i am missing something in the method, i am not actually "seeing" the market conditions correctly, i am entering on the wrong side of the trade, or something
I don't know if anyone have a video from someone profitable explaining a trade from start to end, showing the conditions of the entry , the trading management live on the trade, etc ,etc, to see what i am missing

Jhx wrote:

BambinoFlex wrote:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:30 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:

That’s a great point. Money management is there but maybe exit is off? Good input. Life changing for some! Hope your trading improves!

Absolutely spot on the nose. You must never, ever, find yourself having to think about ''what if'' situations. You must know, with absolute certainty, that if ''A'' happens, then I do ''B'' etc.

If this is not happening, then you need to go back to the drawing board and work on the parts of your method plan that are still too fluid.

Hey, we've all been through this. We feel your pain!

Stick it out, don't panic and throw the baby out with the bathwater. Only change and adjust what really needs to be done and hold faith with what you are feeling good about and you will get there.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:02 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Best regards

It's just my opinion but your money management is wrong. If you are a losing trader you should not risk 1.5% on a trade. You are overleveraged for your skill level. Try .25% until you start moving forward then increase with skill level.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

hhc

Postby hhc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Alias, thank you, i am not risking anything because i know that i am a losing trader, so i am not trading with a real account anymore
I will trade a real account after i feel confident that i learn correctly the entry method.
The main reason that i post is for help identifying entry technique/Method, i feel confident about Trading plan and risk management, but i am certainly doing poorly in entering trades, that is why i ask for help, with some details, videos or something, as i stated in my post i have read all 423 pages , study charts, examples etc,etc, but i am missing something, there is where my problem is.
By the way, i have read all pages from your thread too :) , i have learn a lot from both threads but i am not seeing the whole picture correctly and after read and re-read all posts i am not able to learn how to enter correctly and i know that i have to stick with one strategy/method because i am tired of change strategies, that is why i am asking something else to learn or way to learn it from this trading method , that i know is the same from dragon , doji, chappy , yours,mo, all are variants on the same idea, that is what i need to achieve.
Hope this clear my question a little bit more.
Thank you to all for your replies.

aliassmith wrote:

BambinoFlex wrote:

It's just my opinion but your money management is wrong. If you are a losing trader you should not risk 1.5% on a trade. You are overleveraged for your skill level. Try .25% until you start moving forward then increase with skill level.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:16 pm

hhc wrote:Alias, thank you, i am not risking anything because i know that i am a losing trader, so i am not trading with a real account anymore
I will trade a real account after i feel confident that i learn correctly the entry method.
The main reason that i post is for help identifying entry technique/Method, i feel confident about Trading plan and risk management, but i am certainly doing poorly in entering trades, that is why i ask for help, with some details, videos or something, as i stated in my post i have read all 423 pages , study charts, examples etc,etc, but i am missing something, there is where my problem is.
By the way, i have read all pages from your thread too :) , i have learn a lot from both threads but i am not seeing the whole picture correctly and after read and re-read all posts i am not able to learn how to enter correctly and i know that i have to stick with one strategy/method because i am tired of change strategies, that is why i am asking something else to learn or way to learn it from this trading method , that i know is the same from dragon , doji, chappy , yours,mo, all are variants on the same idea, that is what i need to achieve.

aliassmith wrote:

When you get some decent trading stats use a risk of ruin calc. To see what you should really risk.

It helps keep you in the game.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 pm

aliassmith wrote:
hhc wrote:Alias, thank you, i am not risking anything because i know that i am a losing trader, so i am not trading with a real account anymore

aliassmith wrote:

When you get some decent trading stats use a risk of ruin calc. To see what you should really risk.

It helps keep you in the game.

I ran my stats from my last 100 trades
84% win
1:1 avg win:avg loss
1:1 return
500 trades
1.2% risk

I have a 7.3% chance to drawdown to -5%
0% risk of ruin

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed May 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Good Morning all!

Loving the 25 tick chart!!!
2020-05-06_0908.png
2020-05-06_0908.png (82.32 KiB) Viewed 4596 times

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Return to “beginners forum”