A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Tony Montana

Postby Tony Montana » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:59 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Peaceful Warrior:

I like the scene where they go on the hike and the whole time he is so excited about where the hike is going to lead to... :)

It's about the journey not the destination.

It's such an easy trap to get caught up in thinking that the higher up the pyramid / ladder you climb, the better life will be.

The thing is, if you ever reach the top and look around, you'll ask, "Is this all there is up here?" and realize that enjoying the process was vastly more important than reaching the "success" peak.

That scene put a drop water on my check lol maybe it was raining :]

PebbleTrader wrote:When I first listened to the audio book of Eckhart Tolle "Power Of Now", I had to pause it constantly as I was either taking notes or deeply thinking about what was just said...

I just downloaded it and Pebbletrader i have a big big diary when i write everything that i liked when im reading and like you i stop to think and see how that can apply and change my life, forex for me is the best teacher in the world, it change my life for the best.

Every morning im grateful for trade with the best mentor in the world to me. I love you teacher lol

And thanks my friend for the book.

Happy trading
While it may be true that 95-99% of Forex traders fail, 100% of Forex traders who never give up will succeed

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Postby Karma » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbvKrH- ... FD01C4505B
Alan Watts - Music and Life
(Animation from trey parker and matt stone)
"Profit is found in a thinking mind. If you come to this . . . with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself." - MightyOne

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Bettlebox, 1st thanks for the chart...there are 2-3 guys in my group struggling to see what I see, so Im going to take this opportunity with your chart to teach them using your chart. I updated your pic and attached it with some reference points.

You are right on target with what I was trying to express to you. Great job. I dont know why, but when I look at 4hr and 1 hr charts as a overlay, it messes up my trading. I look at 15 min only and am able to see the longer just looking at that chart. Everyone is visually different in how they process and see things. I can teach this way of seeing it like you have drawn but dont trade it that way visually. I think thats why the guys in the group have a hard time understanding how I know what trades to take and what trades not to. I would like to post this on KR also and maybe it will help them. Excellent drawing....
Attachments
4hr direction different.png
4hr direction different.png (46.45 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Now lets break it down. Only stick with the high probablility trades. So when the chart tells me momentum is moving up, I only took longs. Discipline is a must! As I read a chart, the "a" mbar is long. I know that when that happens, im only taking longs. I then tell my self get ready for a long trade, and one of my rules I never broke is "never take a long trade unless price is below the 12 ema" Attached is a 15 min pic of how I see it, marked with how you see it. Now remember at this point we only have the formation of the "a". This is where I have already drawn my lines on the 15 min chart. Price drops below the ema, great...start marking the highs, which I did in white and follow price down. It will reach or be near the zone. The zone is made up the 2 lowest zlines on the 15 min chart. Price hits the high (rat) you enter. simple. Until I visually see momentum changing, I trade longs. Long rules...... price must be below the 12 ema.
Attachments
bb1.gif
bb1.gif (29.57 KiB) Viewed 2517 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Now box "b" on the 4 hour we have a mbar down. Looking for short trades, rule states "never take a short trade unless price is above the 12 ema" Take a look at the 15 min with the same overlay as your 4hour chart. Again we follow price up above the ema, once above the ema we mark lows and take the break (rat).

Now box "c" on the 4 hour you have to watch and be careful, your entering the 4hour zline. To start, just observe..dont trade those areas. Until you can visulize and have a plan to trade those areas alot of traders lose in those areas.

Try it on the remainder of the mbars you have drawn, it works

Im a short term trader and it works for me. I dont trade long term due to i havent figured out how to yet efficiently. Patience plays a big part of that. We all have our demons. Alot of you ask how I skip over trades, its only by looking at the swings and visulizing the longer time frame for its boundries. I see them on a 15 min, I cant see them with the overlays. It sounds weird, but i over analize with the 1hr and 4 hr overlay on my screen. So I dont use them. I dont care. Im making money. I dont have to trade exactly like everyone else, especially if I cant "see" it that way. If you can relate to what im showing you, I can almost guarantee, 3 months from now you will be doing it with slight differences that you have adapted to "see" or hopped to another system. No worries, no offense to me. Just reach the goal of being successful. So few make it.
Attachments
bb2.gif
bb2.gif (23.67 KiB) Viewed 2513 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Im a short term trader and it works for me. I dont trade long term due to i havent figured out how to yet efficiently. Patience plays a big part of that. We all have our demons. Alot of you ask how I skip over trades, its only by looking at the swings and visulizing the longer time frame for its boundries. I see them on a 15 min, I cant see them with the overlays. It sounds weird, but i over analize with the 1hr and 4 hr overlay on my screen. So I dont use them. I dont care. Im making money. I dont have to trade exactly like everyone else, especially if I cant "see" it that way. If you can relate to what im showing you, I can almost guarantee, 3 months from now you will be doing it with slight differences that you have adapted to "see" or hopped to another system. No worries, no offense to me. Just reach the goal of being successful. So few make it.

There are always trades, learn to wait, follow your set rules, over time you will make small adjustments and things get even easier to see. Another point, when you get to this point and are doing well, realize your on the green grass, realize the grass is the same color and could never feel as good as the grass on the other side of the fence. Many traders fail because they dont stick with one trading method. Over time you will notice more things, which enable you to trade more, both ways at times, and more efficently.

Hope this helps you guys.
:)

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks for the writeup's dojirock.

Karma, ain't that the truth! I still to this day am cranky about spending too much time in the school systems...so much time and life energy wasted...
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Tony,

I generally have notebooks for:

-reading a good book or article

-idea generation

-market lessons learned

-programming (to help understand code i'm writing)
Life is just a journey

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Great pic and trading there. One thing that has me puzzled and may be a part of the puzzle for me...B is momo? As opposed to A? C i see as momo but A? I suppose as compared to the 3 bars before making a doji it could be considered pace starting down but is it actually momo?

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:When I first listened to the audio book of Eckhart Tolle "Power Of Now", I had to pause it constantly as I was either taking notes or deeply thinking about what was just said...

Eckhart Tolle references the Bhagavad-Gita a lot in this book...

http://www.asitis.com/

http://ebooks.iskcondesiretree.info/pdf ... _It_Is.pdf

This text is a summary of all (ancient) Vedic Philosophy spoken by Krishna (God) Himself and it is full of transcendental wisdom and spiritual bliss...

The premise of the text is a conversation between Krishna and Arjuna (a powerful warrior) on the battlefield before going to war with his family members... (sounds similar to what traders face each day)

Arjuna is feeling attachment to his kin and can't bring himself to take the life of his great teachers and he then seeks the council of Krishna who unbeknown to him is the Supreme Almighty God (He later shows Arjuna His Universal Form).... The conversation starts off like this

Sanjaya said: Arjuna, having thus spoken on the battlefield, cast aside his
bow and arrows and sat down on the chariot, his mind overwhelmed with grief.

Sanjaya said: Seeing Arjuna full of compassion, his mind depressed, his eyes full of tears, Madhusüdana, Krsna, spoke the following words.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the value of life. They lead not to higher planets but to infamy.

O son of Prthä, do not yield to this degrading impotence. It does not become you. Give up such petty weakness of heart and arise, O chastiser of the enemy.

Arjuna said: O killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu, how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhima and Drona, who are
worthy of my worship?

It would be better to live in this world by begging than to live at the cost of
the lives of great souls who are my teachers. Even though desiring worldly gain, they are superiors. If they are killed, everything we enjoy will be tainted with blood.

Nor do we know which is better?conquering them or being conquered by
them. If we killed the sons of Dhitarastöra, we should not care to live. Yet they are now standing before us on the battlefield.

Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of
miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me.

I can find no means to drive away this grief which is drying up my senses. I will not be able to dispel it even if I win a prosperous, unrivaled kingdom on earth with sovereignty like the demigods in heaven.

Sanjaya said: Having spoken thus, Arjuna, chastiser of enemies, told Krsna, ?Govinda, I shall not fight,? and fell silent.

O descendant of Bharata, at that time Krsna, smiling, in the midst of both
the armies, spoke the following words to the grief-stricken Arjuna.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: While speaking learned words,
you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead.

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings;
nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to
youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.

O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.

O best among men [Arjuna], the person who is not disturbed by happiness
and distress and is steady in both is certainly eligible for liberation.

Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the nonexistent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both.

That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible.
No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul.

The material body of the indestructible, immeasurable and eternal living
entity is sure to come to an end; therefore, fight, O descendant of Bharata.

Neither he who thinks the living entity the slayer nor he who thinks it slain
is in knowledge, for the self slays not nor is slain.

For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come
into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is
unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

O Pärtha, how can a person who knows that the soul is indestructible,
eternal, unborn and immutable kill anyone or cause anyone to kill?

As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly
accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.

This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same.

It is said that the soul is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing
this, you should not grieve for the body.

If, however, you think that the soul [or the symptoms of life] is always born and dies forever, you still have no reason to lament, O mighty-armed.

One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to
take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament.

- A simular story can be said for trading (not to trivialize this great piece of ancient authoritative wisdom which I encourage anyone and everyone to read). But we are all going into war as traders and there are sure to be losses along the way but if we are able to detach ourselves from these losses we can ultimately dispel all fear and grief. What you do with your winnings is then entirely up to you, but some guidance is also given in this book.

I often say that there are many paths towards spiritual realization just as water flows towards the ocean via many rivers and streams, the quality of the water stays the same as water is water, however water will always be purest at the source... ;-)
:smt065

Return to “beginners forum”