A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Libertarian wrote:Whew! Made it to the end. Holy crap I've learned a lot from this thread. Wonderful stuff Doji. Thank you. I've spent way too long without a bias. That is the first thing I learned from here. I excitedly sent a note when i was 60 pages from the end thinking, how much more can there really be in this thread :). Then the new rockbox 5.0 comes out and right as I'm about to finish it up hes going to show off and make 25000 pips on big charts. I'd like to ask questions or send charts, but I'm not there yet. No trading until I have a new plan and I think the next step of that is eights. I'm coming to your thread Mira. Will hopefully be able to contribute once I start trading again in the new year.

Thank you!

NOPE, sorry Libertarian, just cant do it...lol

Born to scalp!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:30 pm

dojirock wrote:WHO AM I KIDDING. I have used this forum for accountability to groom my skills. Well here it goes again. IM NOT A LONG TERM TRADER. There wont be any grooming my long term trading skills. Besides, they are not skills, they are KILLS.
The last week and a half have been the most stressful weeks trading wise just watching, and waiting for this trade. I know it has been said, trade it like a short term. I just cant. Cant pull triggers on my reversals which I do all the time scalping. That long distant feeling of being a "noob" resurface. Gotta pack that away forever and just do what I do best.

I closed out my usd/jpy at a loss and went back to scalping, swing trading today, with stacking. All the pressure is magically gone. :lol:
I dont need a 25000 pip trade on my resume.

Rant over....dont expect to see many, if any long term trades here again. I miss the income scalping provides and don't need the stress (trading drama)
in my life.

I even dug out my old template!.... Man this feels good. Never thought long term would be such a distraction!

doji

Open a SCALPING chat room and get a few other like minded individuals to hang out with.
I' don't think I'm up for long term trading either.

I don't seem to pull the trigger on setups if I'm around when they hit OR once I do I hold to oblivion win or lose.
Seems like as of late I usually win though.
Hmmmmm
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Rock On Rockman!
:smt065

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:11 pm

dojirock wrote:WHO AM I KIDDING. I have used this forum for accountability to groom my skills. Well here it goes again. IM NOT A LONG TERM TRADER. There wont be any grooming my long term trading skills. Besides, they are not skills, they are KILLS.
The last week and a half have been the most stressful weeks trading wise just watching, and waiting for this trade. I know it has been said, trade it like a short term. I just cant. Cant pull triggers on my reversals which I do all the time scalping. That long distant feeling of being a "noob" resurface. Gotta pack that away forever and just do what I do best.

I closed out my usd/jpy at a loss and went back to scalping, swing trading today, with stacking. All the pressure is magically gone. :lol:

Rant over....dont expect to see many, if any long term trades here again. I miss the income scalping provides and don't need the stress (trading drama)
in my life.

I even dug out my old template!.... Man this feels good. Never thought long term would be such a distraction!

doji

LOL! That’s funny :D

Doji you Rock!
Thanks for sharing.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 pm

in my life.

doji

So nice to see others who are taking the same psychological journey I did. I used to make my living on ultra-long exposure to the market and think nothing of it - then I took some time away to do other ''stuff'' and when I came back, I just couldn't hack it. Drove me mental. It wasn't a technical collapse - it all still worked, it was purely in-the-head. Scalping saved my sanity and my bank account didn't notice the difference.

Welcome back to the Wild Side :D

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Doji, a leopard can't change its spots, and why should he, hes an APEX predator! I'm very interested in what your doing anyway :lol:

What are you using for a bias these days? Is it all about the zone? Or do those work in conjunction with other stuff?

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

in my life.

doji

So nice to see others who are taking the same psychological journey I did. I used to make my living on ultra-long exposure to the market and think nothing of it - then I took some time away to do other ''stuff'' and when I came back, I just couldn't hack it. Drove me mental. It wasn't a technical collapse - it all still worked, it was purely in-the-head. Scalping saved my sanity and my bank account didn't notice the difference.

Thanks for the comments guys.....
It feels real good to be back on the wild side....
(Listen to me, it was only 3 weeks...lol)

doji
2017-10-23_1646.png
2017-10-23_1646.png (54.02 KiB) Viewed 3437 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

in my life.

doji

Purely in-the-head.

Thanks for this post.. it makes me think.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 pm

in my life.

doji

Lol...lol....
I don't do it either my man. I never really had the patience to trade large charts. I could do it but it drove me nuts. I just have the m5, m15, h1, and h4 charts made available.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:54 am

Yeah, (un)fortunately I'm in the same boat, hence the lack of progress with my D1 trades on my thread (for the second time).... not giving up though..... I'm currently looking at using options on high volume stocks and ETF's using only D1 charts. TBH, never thought I'd go back to stocks, but so far it's looking really good

Return to “beginners forum”