A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Phil

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Mira,

I 'doubt' to much i think with pullbacks. I think i either need to stop doing difficult and enter at market or wait for some (what is 'some'?) pullback and enter near the zone.
Some trades dont come back much after a close beyond the zone, this is the thing i find most difficult. Trading multiple timeframes is something i have parked for now, trying to focus on one TF. So i try to enter when it closes over my zone, not trying to go to eg a m3 or rb5 chart for taking the trade during the retrace. Should it close against me i reverse and normally it at least covers my loss. Next part is to extend the reverse a bit so i can gain some profit. It can only go up or down... used to hate that quote...

Going through a tough phase but we will come out as overcomers.

Today i traded some, see chart below.
20170703.1442 - GBPJPY - M5 some.png
20170703.1442 - GBPJPY - M5 some.png (19.16 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:03 am

Be sure not to forget the basics guys. I feel your looking so hard at a pattern that works so well that your forgetting the other factors.
What factors am i speaking of, Higher High, Higher low. or Lower low, lower High. or how ever you want to see it 123, abc....they are all there with
the momentum pattern.
Red line is a visual stop loss line. My arrows on the chart are there for example entries...I always consider two. the 1st arrow is usually an entry that reduces my sl and increases my profit before the confirmation happens. The second arrow is usually taken at the close of that candle.... which by then has close out of the zone.and HH, HL are behind me.Giving me the confidence it will work.
Good questions
doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:05 am

One more thought on this,
This is the only reason i use semas, it visually lets me glance to see if the lower high has been made since the last sema.....
also, one mistake i made early in my trading was that the lower high does not become valid until the lower low has formed.

doji

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:23 am

Here is a explanation chart.
Also MIra, Mo's teaching are not of my mentality. Im a scalper. You must find your own way to understand what he is showing you vs what im showing you.
I have not been able to combine the two 100 percent yet.
I dont have the mind set to trade big long trades. Just as he has stated before he admires, Dragon, ES, and other scalpers, I admire his ability to be a long term trader.... We both get the job done, but in different ways.

2017-07-04_0307.png
2017-07-04_0307.png (129.87 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

doji

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:48 pm

dojirock wrote:...
I dont have the mind set to trade big long trades...

doji

The difference is in the way the trades are sized and managed:

If you look at the bar ranges then you will see that they are spread over a similar number of lines on each chart

Could you trade these charts if I didn't show you the chart period, if all you knew was that each line is $10?
Wouldn't you risk so many lines, enter on a line, and make so many lines?

If you tried to use H1 position sizing on a weekly chart then it wouldn't work because the activity within a weekly bar is far greater than that of an hourly bar: it is possible to hold a trade for months, but without proper position sizing it is not probable.

What is so difficult for the scalper is that they have to go from $8/pip to $1 and from making x in 4 hours to making x in 4 months!
"Why, why, why, would anyone want to do that!" :lol: I sure wouldn't!

But what if they had stacked to $128/pip and that $500 move on the H1 at normal size is now an $8000 move?
Risk it all on the next trigger: ready, set, ...your patience suddenly increased by 1000%, didn't it.

If price moves against me 2 lines on the H1 chart then I am down 2 lines but if it moves 2 H1 lines while I am sized to the weekly then I am down 1/4 of a line.

If I am betting a large amount of money that I will dodge a bullet then I want that bullet to move as slow is possible:
"once you stack, you never go back"... how true, how true.

AUDJPY.png
AUDJPY.png (40.34 KiB) Viewed 3529 times

Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:41 pm

dojirock wrote:One more thought on this,
This is the only reason i use semas, it visually lets me glance to see if the lower high has been made since the last sema.....
also, one mistake i made early in my trading was that the lower high does not become valid until the lower low has formed.

doji

Yes! (or so I hope :lol: )

Looking at your comments Doji and again looking at my posted chart, i can now see the small long scalp is a valid setup.
I mean, its being confirmed by the L-H-LH-HH pattern.
Have a look at the chart below and let me know if i see that correct. I did mark the setup, which was marked with a momo zone already but to be honest at the time of taking the long i couldnt really 'reason' why i took it other than it closed above something.
Perhaps im tending to difficulty again but its not my purpose right now, just excited to discover another (to me hidden) piece of the puzzle which
can boost the confidence.

So let me explain what i marked up (sorry for the lengthy post)
at 1) we have our Low point, at 2) we have a High, followed by 3) which gave us our Higher Low. Now this HL wasnt in place like you said until a Higher High forms, which it did at 4). This confirmed the close above the zone.
Sure, we hadnt a 'real' down momo within this m5 pattern but it might as well be somewhere on the m3...

Hope this makes sense, otherwise im just enjoying myself :roll:

Reply to Mike on prev chart.png
Reply to Mike on prev chart.png (19.38 KiB) Viewed 3512 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Phil wrote:
dojirock wrote:One more thought on this,

doji

Yes! (or so I hope :lol: )

Looking at your comments Doji and again looking at my posted chart, i can now see the small long scalp is a valid setup.
I mean, its being confirmed by the L-H-LH-HH pattern.
Have a look at the chart below and let me know if i see that correct. I did mark the setup, which was marked with a momo zone already but to be honest at the time of taking the long i couldnt really 'reason' why i took it other than it closed above something.
Perhaps im tending to difficulty again but its not my purpose right now, just excited to discover another (to me hidden) piece of the puzzle which
can boost the confidence.

So let me explain what i marked up (sorry for the lengthy post)
at 1) we have our Low point, at 2) we have a High, followed by 3) which gave us our Higher Low. Now this HL wasnt in place like you said until a Higher High forms, which it did at 4). This confirmed the close above the zone.
Sure, we hadnt a 'real' down momo within this m5 pattern but it might as well be somewhere on the m3...

Hope this makes sense, otherwise im just enjoying myself :roll:

Reply to Mike on prev chart.png

Yes, all true which is stated above.....
There is no other reason to have taken that long other than the close above something.
Allmost all of my trades are from a sema 2 or 3 and at turning points. The H,L,HH,HL = a cycle lets say.

I get in trades on 1st cycles over 75 percent of the time, that way I know I have a great chance of hitting my goal.
Where you took it is on the 3rd or 4th cycle..... late in the move.
Also look at charts the 2nd & or 3rd cycle give the most.......(Elliot Theory)
I kind of kringe even mentioning the ET due to im no expert at it and dont trade it conciously..but I have noticed over my charting hours
2nd and 3rd cycles are nice for me to grab my goal.

I do take small scalps where you did...they are just a bit higher risk.
My favorites are the reversals with the zone and a 1st cycle.

doji

Brzoza

Postby Brzoza » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 am

dojirock wrote:Here is a explanation chart.
Also MIra, Mo's teaching are not of my mentality. Im a scalper. You must find your own way to understand what he is showing you vs what im showing you.
I dont have the mind set to trade big long trades. Just as he has stated before he admires, Dragon, ES, and other scalpers, I admire his ability to be a long term trader.... We both get the job done, but in different ways

doji

HI
Here is my today entry, of course i lose... could you tell me what did i do wrong again?
Thank you very much, mostly for your patient :)
Screenshot_2017-07-05-09-46-12-1.jpg
Screenshot_2017-07-05-09-46-12-1.jpg (188.02 KiB) Viewed 3436 times

roctao

Postby roctao » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Brzoza wrote:
I dont have the mind set to trade big long trades. Just as he has stated before he admires, Dragon, ES, and other scalpers, I admire his ability to be a long term trader.... We both get the job done, but in different ways

doji

HI
Here is my today entry, of course i lose... could you tell me what did i do wrong again?

My 2 cents Brzoza is that if you had a plan. Entry, stop loss and take profit. You didn't do a thing wrong.
This is a skilled job, profession, trade. Plan your work and work your plan.
With a plan you will see quicker that there isn't right and wrong just trail and error.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Brzoza wrote:

doji

HI

Here's the mark up.
2017-07-05_1800.jpg
2017-07-05_1800.jpg (142.21 KiB) Viewed 3466 times

doji

Return to “beginners forum”