A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Phil

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby Phil » Fri May 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Entry of M8 with M15 momentum zone.

First cycle needed to reverse, made up the loss. Afterwards i kept injecting when i noticed
that it kept continuing down.
Somehow i need to learn how to let my winners run and not exiting so often and re-enter. Guess im to much
of a scalper... but longing to get some larger runs when the chances are here.
Think i need to learn to trust the method more and more and then the pips will come..
Have a goal of 50 pips a day but why not get more if the run is offering it? Or is this a bad idea??

Have a great weekend all, hope you all had good trades.

20170512.0936 - GBPJPY - 8 mins.png
20170512.0936 - GBPJPY - 8 mins.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 3414 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri May 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Phil wrote:Entry of M8 with M15 momentum zone.

First cycle needed to reverse, made up the loss. Afterwards i kept injecting when i noticed
that it kept continuing down.
Somehow i need to learn how to let my winners run and not exiting so often and re-enter. Guess im to much
of a scalper... but longing to get some larger runs when the chances are here.
Think i need to learn to trust the method more and more and then the pips will come..
Have a goal of 50 pips a day but why not get more if the run is offering it? Or is this a bad idea??

Have a great weekend all, hope you all had good trades.

20170512.0936 - GBPJPY - 8 mins.png

Nice trade Phil!

I learned to stay in at least for one closed candle and to liquidate at the bar's end, as MO told in past.
(i.e. liquidate all/half positions at the first long bearish candle on your chart, re-enter in the second leg down)

I always remember Doji's words too, when you are wrong simply reverse.. and if you're waiting for the candle to CLOSE against you then you'll find yourself MORE relaxed :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

nat

Postby nat » Sat May 13, 2017 4:45 am

ok so this is mainly to make sure my thought process is right. Doji or any feel free to critique-

GBPJPY m30 (05-12-2017 2239).png
GBPJPY m30 (05-12-2017 2239).png (38.28 KiB) Viewed 3360 times

First zone (left to right)

trying to use one time frame for the mean time, going off how doji did it on the NQ5 min chart he posted on page 385, after the zone formed the momentum away from the zone(black arrow). it wasnt until a while later that it cam back. even if it was a long time like that is that still exactly what were looking for?

Second zone

I drew that one to see if it would fail or not. the breakout at the grey arrow deemed it a valid up mo zone. BUT since it wasnt above the last down zone we ignore it. it looked like it respected it a couple times with wickdolls.

Third zone

It formed and at the yellow arrow was a low breakout confirming it will be a short zone. Blue candle is where it came back, then went way down after all this.

Sorry if all this is suppose be obvious i just wanted to double check. I was running a trade simulator and it seemed to work well most of the time. next ill start paying attention to the time of day for certain pairs.
Thanks everyone!

nat

Postby nat » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 am

hate to double post but stuff is starting to click better. was just paper trading tonight tho.

was watching 2 15 min zones that formed on NZD/USD and GBP/JPY

Zone fully formed after the vertical black line. there was a 2 there when it was drawn.

The numbers are-
1. momentum above zone, enter on next candle
2. when chart was set on bid it was a close under the zone with momentum so exit and enter on next candle
3. reversed again with close above with momentum and enter in zone on next candle
(this is going off the overlay candles)

paper1.png
paper1.png (59.51 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

again zone was complete at black horizontal line and a 2 was there when drawn. there wasnt momentum until the candle before the arrow. enter on the candle with the arrow when it wicks the zone. another zone formed above but didnt have a conflicting signal.

paper2.png
paper2.png (45.71 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

Phil

Postby Phil » Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Several trades base off M15/M8 momentum zones.

'Older' zones are working nice! Last trades i took since it looked to me that we had momentum going into older momo. Thats why i entered.
Had it closed above this zone my loss would only be relatively small and could easily made up.

Slowly increasing lots though fear of reversing hasnt vanished completly yet...

20170516.1533 - GBPJPY - 3 mins.png
20170516.1533 - GBPJPY - 3 mins.png (39.31 KiB) Viewed 3169 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed May 17, 2017 3:12 am

Great post Phil,

You have to hold off on lot size till that fear is gone... confidence is key... keep up the great work..lot size and $$ will come..but ditch the fear 1st.

great work

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm

dojirock wrote:Great post Phil,

You have to hold off on lot size till that fear is gone... confidence is key... keep up the great work..lot size and $$ will come..but ditch the fear 1st.

great work

doji

Thanks Doji,

Couldnt do it without all your help and feedback, appreciate it.
Another chart with some trades this far.

Price stayed below the m15 down zone so i re-entered when it closed below something, last low in this case.

I think you're right not to increase lots to fast. Part of my fear is not knowing exactly when to reverse. I know and start to understand
that once price leaves the box downwards with momo, we enter short. Then if it closes above the box WITH momo, we exit. Is this also the exact entry point long, or do you wait for non momo to form and reverse? I mix those up. Think i need to draw it on paper once you confirm it and attach it to my wall. I reverse straight away but must admit that sometimes it keeps reversing 3 times..
Perhaps im taking all momo and should wait for the sema 2/3 and then wait for a close at either side of the box, or wait for the box to form after that.
So i guess i want to ask, do we reverse as soon as it closes against our zone or do we first wait and see what happens before doubling up?
Could you post a single timeframe reversal once you have an example? Might help me see it better.

Thanks again!

20170517.1506 - GBPJPY - 250 ticks.png
20170517.1506 - GBPJPY - 250 ticks.png (22.87 KiB) Viewed 3090 times

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Attached a scenario i find myself in quite often. Probably im not as used to this as you all are so i need to 'learn' how to avoid those
if that is possible.

When you look at the M15 chart first, you will see we have a sema #3 at the bottom. This is a good time to start marking right.
As you can see i've marked the last m15 down momo with a line, white, and the 1st m15 up momo after the sema #3 formed. This line i marked in blue.

GBPJPYM15 momo zone.png
GBPJPYM15 momo zone.png (45.68 KiB) Viewed 3081 times

Now i also placed a vertical line to see where the last m15 closed when the momo up zone had formed and it closed above the box. This is a signal to go long. To avoid to much drawdown we're supposed to wait for a retrace. (another thing i need to force myself to)
When you have a look now at the M5 chart below, you will see i have for this excersise put on the M15 as an overlay on the M5 candles.
Price comes back within our momentum box and we could go long.
What happens next is that it closes below our box as well as on the M5 as on the M15. First question and probably a dumb question but i rather ask to clear the fog> when i mark my momo box on the m15, shouldnt we wait for a close below the box on the m15 too or do you prefer to close in loss once it closes on the m5 below your box?

Next one, it closed below we have exited our long. It closed WITH momo on below our drawn box. Are we supposed to jump in right away and double to make advantage of the stats or is it better to wait for a retrace first before going short with double size?

GBPJPYM5 entry and possible reverse.png
GBPJPYM5 entry and possible reverse.png (40.18 KiB) Viewed 3081 times

I hope its not disturbing you guys those questions, just want to improve. It just happened to be that i was looking at this after i posted the chart before. So i didnt trade this one.

Thanks,
Phil

edit> Just looked at the chart, and the Reverse and double up would've worked out like a charm! I just lack confidence...

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Phil!

Nice charts :D
Is better to wait for a Doji confirmation but I was struggling on Stop&Reverse too so I share my view (not that it's right lol)

Looking at your 15m chart I would have waited for a BO of the bearish white line WITH bullish momentum (or a bullish momo above the bearish one) before looking for longs.. btw i noticed that price was at a 50% of a bigger bearish momentum (CC), I'm still doing this mistake but Big Pic/Scenario is important.

About the Reversal Strategy i decided to look for a fail on the same tf of my previous opposite entry (15 min in this situation).

Phil wrote:Attached a scenario i find myself in quite often. Probably im not as used to this as you all are so i need to 'learn' how to avoid those
if that is possible.

When you look at the M15 chart first, you will see we have a sema #3 at the bottom. This is a good time to start marking right.
As you can see i've marked the last m15 down momo with a line, white, and the 1st m15 up momo after the sema #3 formed. This line i marked in blue.

GBPJPYM15 momo zone.png

Now i also placed a vertical line to see where the last m15 closed when the momo up zone had formed and it closed above the box. This is a signal to go long. To avoid to much drawdown we're supposed to wait for a retrace. (another thing i need to force myself to)
When you have a look now at the M5 chart below, you will see i have for this excersise put on the M15 as an overlay on the M5 candles.
Price comes back within our momentum box and we could go long.
What happens next is that it closes below our box as well as on the M5 as on the M15. First question and probably a dumb question but i rather ask to clear the fog> when i mark my momo box on the m15, shouldnt we wait for a close below the box on the m15 too or do you prefer to close in loss once it closes on the m5 below your box?

Next one, it closed below we have exited our long. It closed WITH momo on below our drawn box. Are we supposed to jump in right away and double to make advantage of the stats or is it better to wait for a retrace first before going short with double size?

GBPJPYM5 entry and possible reverse.png

I hope its not disturbing you guys those questions, just want to improve. It just happened to be that i was looking at this after i posted the chart before. So i didnt trade this one.

Thanks,
Phil

edit> Just looked at the chart, and the Reverse and double up would've worked out like a charm! I just lack confidence...

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Phil

I know that datas are different from broker to broker but look at this

IMG_0218.PNG
IMG_0218.PNG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 3338 times

Return to “beginners forum”