A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue May 02, 2017 9:45 am

Im sure you have the longer time frame trades figured out. But here is just a sample of using your style of scalping we will say the 15m chart and turning it into a daily trade.

eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png (37.49 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

eurjpy-d1-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-d1-fx-choice-limited.png (51.84 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

You can look in my thread for the 1hr overlay and my thought process. But could have been almost a 30 to 1 return.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue May 02, 2017 11:12 am

dojirock wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Ok. Lets assume that I understand/agree with/and now know how to trade that piece of the puzzle.

Now what about places where candles change color (dragon lines). You talk about it and show examples earlier in the thread. Is this still used and how.

Sure its still used, over my thread period I have tried to explain PA, Momentum as I saw it in a variety of ways. Its the same thing...
Look at a bearish Momentum, then bullish Momentum, you have to have a color change do you not?
I will point out, due to many things I say get over looked. I use sema's. Notice my trades the Bearish Momentum is always opposite the Bullish Momentum with a sema in the middle. In forum atmosphere's its sometimes easy to miss the obvious. In the small group of friends I teach I hear it often about a zone not working. 1- I ask, where is your sema? 2- I ask, did you reverse when the zone failed? Usually I hear, "oh" and "no" . The stats are based on my Sema use and reversals when it fails. Trading on steroids!

doji

So this post is for myself and all the other thousands of members of kreslik trying to trade like this or any of the other elite trader on here.

Let me ask you this. Just cuz you see Doji (just using you as an example since its your thread), trading the market with some so called momo zone, sema and above/below ema. Do you really think that's all there is to it. What if I showed you a pic of V8power squatting and said this shows how he squats. If you want to squat over 3x your body weight just copy this pic. Do you think it would work? Maybe. Probably not. Most would probably get underneath the bar, place it on top of their neck, have their hands spread far out (so it doesn't bother them)with their elbows pointing back, would unrack it, take a bunch of steps back have their feet close together and then bend at the knees first to start the movement and when they got to the bottom would start pushing with their legs first.

Yea it seems like you did the same thing in the pic, but in reality you did it all wrong. 1st you place the bar on your traps and hold it with your arms in place. Then you want your hands as close as possible, with your elbows trying to point down. After you unrack it, you get one and only one step back. Your feet would be out further the shoulder width apart. AND THE FIRST THING THAT MOVES is your hips break first. You also want to swallow air into yor stomach and stick it out as far as possible. Then on the way up the first thing you push up is your head.

Now see how different the process was for the person trying to learn from the teacher through a pic. Now how much of that would be corrected and avoided if done in person or through video.

Why do you think doji/dragon/tro/mo/es/alaismith/others can do what they do and most cant do a fraction of it. Its the same reason V8 can diet on 15,000 calories one day a week or fast every other day and eat low protein nd gain muscle. Or eat above maintence calories everyday coming from mostly fat and carbs and not increase his blood glucose or cholestorel. Its cuz he has the knowledge and experience that 99.9% of others who don't.

All Im saying to those who are trying this or any other style is even if you think you know what to do. I bet you know a lot less then you think. So don't get upset if it doent work right away. Keep at it and keep learning.

This methapor came to me cuz v8 is trying to have me lose 90 pds of fat in 90 days, while gaining 20-30pds of muscle and strength.

So good luck to all!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue May 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Well I didn use the zone for an entry, but for an exit. Over 60% gained in 24 hrs. I love u doji.

LegendofZline

Postby LegendofZline » Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 pm

How does this trade look? I am going long....

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 am

2017-05-02_2106.png
2017-05-02_2106.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
Too late for me.....base it on a closer analysis....
I relate to that like a exit ramp on a freeway... sign says exit here.... but you stay on and exit 3 exits later.

They love to trap breakout traders!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 am

Futures, NQ trades today
2017-05-02_1532.png
2017-05-02_1532.png (78.04 KiB) Viewed 3131 times

doji

LegendofZline

Postby LegendofZline » Wed May 03, 2017 5:40 am

dojirock wrote:2017-05-02_2106.pngToo late for me.....base it on a closer analysis....
I relate to that like a exit ramp on a freeway... sign says exit here.... but you stay on and exit 3 exits later.

They love to trap breakout traders!

doji

ahhah... so I try to get the very first move....when this price action happens trying to get in after the initial first move or in the after price already BO or close to breaking out is no good?

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 am

dojirock wrote:Futures, NQ trades today2017-05-02_1532.png

doji

Hi Doji!

Very nice charts, thank you!
I remember you were stacking hard, are you still doing the same? And where would you suggest to add size using momo boxes?

Thank you much :D
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 am

Works beautifully with Range bar charts!
2017-05-04_0201.png
2017-05-04_0201.png (250.48 KiB) Viewed 3215 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu May 04, 2017 6:15 am

Mira wrote:
dojirock wrote:Futures, NQ trades today2017-05-02_1532.png

doji

Hi Doji!

Very nice charts, thank you!
I remember you were stacking hard, are you still doing the same? And where would you suggest to add size using momo boxes?

Thank you much :D

It really depends on what kind of mood im in. But as of late I have increased the initial lot size vs stacking only because of my 20 pip per session goal.

doji

Return to “beginners forum”