A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

DM0337

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby DM0337 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:00 am

Mira wrote:Es/Pip charts have always been weird to my eyes..
But today something it's happening (thank you Doji)! :D

I drew what I'm seeing (red lines) on one of his old charts.. what matters is that his yellow lines match exactly with the Doji setup. :!:

IMG_2984.JPG

Thanks for posting this pic.It clears some doubts regarding when/how to change bias.No short until red UpMomozone is broken(No need to mark DownMomozone until this happens.)After Red Upmomozone is broken we start marking Yellow Downmomozone.
I used to mark both up and down zones at the same time and this led to big confusion.This stuff is getting clearer to see now.
I will go through epip posts again to solidify my new understanding over weekend.Thanks again. :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

DM0337

Postby DM0337 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 am

dojirock wrote:This is what its all about fella's

Glad I came back to clarify some of my thread. Keep up the progress guys n gals!

Have a great weekend!

doji

Many thanks to you doji for coming back and clarifying things :D .I can SEE very clear now. =D> =D> =D> for you.

Phil

Postby Phil » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi guys,

Below i've attached two charts. 1st is the H1 with the momo zones on it. As you can see one up and one down zone.
My plan is to use the H1 as bias or HTF momo analysis.

What im trying to get my head around is the following> Once we have our H1 Momentum zones drawn, and enter
of our entrychart, say the M15 chart below, what would one do once it closes against any m15 zone.

I've tried to find any setup but to be honest, it amazes me that i couldnt find any yet... Perhaps its not a coincidence?
Please bare with me one moment though to see if any one could give me some pointers. I might most probably thinking to overcomplicated right now
which im really good at :lol: but say on the H1 chart we have the down momentum. Now we're short biased, as long as its below our H1 zone we only look for shorts. But say after we entered from the m15 we get an down m15 zone which got closed above with momentum.
Would you guys exit or since we are using the H1 for bias, wait for a close WITH momo, above the H1 down momentum zone?

If we indeed wait for a close over the down H1 zone, aren't we increasing the stoploss range which would make it harder to make up after a reverse?

Is there someone who can help me with this, it feels like im stuck but to stay solely with one timeframe im not sure either...

Thanks for listening guys.

GBPJPYH1.png
GBPJPYH1.png (43.82 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (50.04 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 am

Hi Phil,

Look at the hourly...after in a trade I try to trade to a 2 or 3 sema on hourly. I also draw additional bearish Momentum zones and use as a stop loss.
Remember when you get additional zones, price likes to come back so I take profits often and then re- enter for more after it gets back to the zone.
You are right, if you wait for it to cross back over the zone, then your MM is out of wack. Also note, 20 pips is real easy to get on a 15 min or 30 min chart which is my goal and done.

Follow the Momentum

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:50 pm

dojirock wrote:Hi Phil,

Look at the hourly...after in a trade I try to trade to a 2 or 3 sema on hourly. I also draw additional bearish Momentum zones and use as a stop loss.
Remember when you get additional zones, price likes to come back so I take profits often and then re- enter for more after it gets back to the zone.
You are right, if you wait for it to cross back over the zone, then your MM is out of wack. Also note, 20 pips is real easy to get on a 15 min or 30 min chart which is my goal and done.

Follow the Momentum

doji

Hi Doji,

When you say "I also draw additional bearish Momentum Zones...'' you mean you draw those on the M15 while in/after a trade and when the H1 momentum has already formed?
Is it also true that once price has set an opposing sema 2/3 you tend to no longer use the previously H1 down momo for bias since we could get a new zone due to the sema on H1.

Follow momentum, on the entry chart i suppose than.

Thanks

nat

Postby nat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 am

just want to make sure Im doing this correct. This is what you guys mean by mo breaking mo? for the lower one there wasnt a color change on the bearish breakout so i wasnt sure?
Attachments
exxample.png
exxample.png (36.78 KiB) Viewed 3584 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:04 am

nat wrote:just want to make sure Im doing this correct. This is what you guys mean by mo breaking mo? for the lower one there wasnt a color change on the bearish breakout so i wasnt sure?

Hi Nat!

Yes, this is exactly what Doji is showing us.
I think that for the lower one didn't happen a real breakout, this is when comparison comes i guess!

Nice chart!;)
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:59 am

Last edited by Dan on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Dan wrote:Is anyone else finding this style hard to trade live? I keep getting chopped up waiting for price to pick a direction out of the zone. Going back to one t/f hoping for some clarity.

Hi Dan

The current bar is an illusion, closed bars are the truth.
Bodies closing in direction of profit with momentum, failure on new highs/low, semas, rat entries etc could be good signals on lower tfs!
Could you post a chart showing what you mean? Thank you
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

roctao

Postby roctao » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:21 pm

nat wrote:just want to make sure Im doing this correct. This is what you guys mean by mo breaking mo? for the lower one there wasnt a color change on the bearish breakout so i wasnt sure?

HI nat,

I would mark the lower extreme of the small bullish candle at 18:45 . To me it is the line that would change my bias for that chart. But without a (larger than normal ie. Momo) close above that line I would still be holding short or standing on the side lines waiting.

Return to “beginners forum”