A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby newscalper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Scratch

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:26 pm

dojirock wrote:Out of fear of frustrating the bunch of ya... I wont even say " I still dont get it"

oh wait.... I think i just did say that... lol :)

I have some kind of scalpers, stacking mind block.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Hope your 2016 is twice a good as your 2015.

doji

With your permission, I'd give a try at explaining what all the fuss is about.

Maybe you can give a mini lesson again on how you approach your scalping, since that seems to be what you're naturally hard-wired for? (Perhaps your way to describe it has evolved since the last time)

I have two questions about it, for example:
  • how many different timeframes do you look at, as you ¹ decide your direction, & ² time your entry
(i am assuming that after you decide direction, you wait for the end of a pullback to take entries)

• what leverage are your stack entries at?
(I am assuming that for any particular trade sequence you are following, that your 'stacks' are all the same number of lots)

As for calculating the leverage of a stack, that can be figured out by answering one of the following questions:
---if you enter with one stack, and it goes 10 pips in your favor, what percentage does your account increase by? (To 2 decimal places)
---if you are trading EU with a $1000 account, how many lots are in one stack, and, how much do you pay per lot of EU?

(I do my Christmas greetings between the 20th - 24th :wink: :smt114 )

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:52 am

TygerKrane wrote:
dojirock wrote:Out of fear of frustrating the bunch of ya... I wont even say " I still dont get it"

oh wait.... I think i just did say that... lol :)

I have some kind of scalpers, stacking mind block.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Hope your 2016 is twice a good as your 2015.

doji

With your permission, I'd give a try at explaining what all the fuss is about.

Maybe you can give a mini lesson again on how you approach your scalping, since that seems to be what you're naturally hard-wired for? (Perhaps your way to describe it has evolved since the last time)

I have two questions about it, for example:
  • how many different timeframes do you look at, as you ¹ decide your direction, & ² time your entry
(i am assuming that after you decide direction, you wait for the end of a pullback to take entries)

• what leverage are your stack entries at?
(I am assuming that for any particular trade sequence you are following, that your 'stacks' are all the same number of lots)

As for calculating the leverage of a stack, that can be figured out by answering one of the following questions:
---if you enter with one stack, and it goes 10 pips in your favor, what percentage does your account increase by? (To 2 decimal places)
---if you are trading EU with a $1000 account, how many lots are in one stack, and, how much do you pay per lot of EU?

(I do my Christmas greetings between the 20th - 24th :wink: :smt114 )

My trading has evolved quite a bit in the last 9 months. I will answer the best I can due to I still am refining how I want to handle my MM.
I trade two different ways but use the same pattern in all of my trades.
When I do use any 3 time frames, I must have an extreme on the highest of the time frames.
I then look for momentum on the next lower time frame of the 3. I do not look for my entry until I see momentum.
The lowest time frame of the 3 is my entry chart. When I get my pattern, I enter. My SL is small.
MM, I dont look at leverage per say due to my R:R is good. I use my momentum time frame for exits. I revised the fib indi to display the rough, R:R.
I say rough due to when I stack, its too much work to figure it out. I do only stack 4 times at this time. My SL is also a close beyond the SL line in the entry time frame chart. Not a wick. So that varies also. I still have a high percentage success rate so thats not really an issue anymore.
The pic explains an example. I decrease as I stack to keep my net postion safe.
After the 4th stack im done, I have found my momemtum will decrease soon after.
I have managed to get up to the 4hr, 1hr, 15 min as an example of this method.
The other way It Trade is momentum, then lower time frame , enter when my patter appears.
I usually only stack once due to they are quicker trades.

Its taken me a long time to stop looking at dollars. As I stack and if I look at dollars, for me, it throws my trading emotions out the window. I usually will exit way to early and have a hard time trading my trading plan. That being said, it has also taken me along time to not look at pips. My exit is purely based on my time, or exit pattern on my momentum time frame.

Hope this makes sense. I have not been able to put my trading plan in bot form. I use my insight and eyes more than I ever thought and didnt really discover this until I had to put it in step format for a coder.

Hope this answers some of your questions,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

doji
2015-12-21_2328.png
2015-12-21_2328.png (33 KiB) Viewed 8437 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:27 am

:smt059 :smt059 :smt059

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:24 pm

You should be able to press for a few trades with all of that space left over from previous trades.

(Smallest: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7)

Trade 1: 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 14

Trade 2: 8 + 6 + 4 + 3 = 21
14/8 = +75% space
Trade 3: 12 + 9 + 7 + 4 = 32
21/12 = +75% space

Trade 1: ...

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 am

Hey fellow traders,

Just wanted to post some thoughts since alot of the old timers (been here for a while) seem to be coming back and still struggling and not making a profit.

If your still one of those struggling, look at how you handle the data you see. Are you being flooded with more than 2-3 variables in your analysis? What do you do when your analysis says react. This is where thoughts drop off for most but is the most important part of being a successful trader. Can you trade with any chart, any time frame? What about without a chart? Just prices? If you cant, you need to look forward to the thought processes that are not occrurring after your in the trade. Anyone can hit buy or sell. How does one think about the thougth process to come if they are not doing it? Thats my point. What are you missing. I still dont have a clear understanding of extremes. Everyone seems to avoid the definition of it or has problems explaining it and how it relates to trading. I dont need it, maybe i am using it and dont realize it, it doesnt matter. Without simple "switches" in a chronological order that can be understood and flipped when they need to be flipped your missing out. Someone commented on how the blubb zone messed them up for long time. Why? I can tell you, there were know clear switches to activate and progress from if "a" happened or "b" happened. My entries hardly ever match Dragons, im close within 10 pips usually better or worse, when chasing to be like someone will damage your ability to progress. Mo's labels his as ideas, each and everyone in its self is tradeable, Space is MM, period. Stacking is MM period. Define these ideas by a limited number of switches. The ideas in my thread, are very simple and defined yet traders dont limit there processes in using them thus destroying there own odds. LOOK at the cones, dont get hung up on how to draw them, there are hundreds of ways to draw them. Overtrading is big with alot of traders of groups i have been in and seen on here. What does that mean to you? Over trading means to me, NO end .... no goal...thus no end... we cant win forever. Failure feeds the fear in our minds due to our failure to simplify the task at hand.

just hoping this will click for some of you that struggle with these issues. I hope you understand what these issues are. Its not the ideas or methods, its the unlimited realm definitions beyond those methods or systems.

doji

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 pm

KISS

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
l_sp5-101.jpg
l_sp5-101.jpg (39.91 KiB) Viewed 5776 times

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Hey Doji ,Great to see you ...I'm hoping to see some good games from Mich . this fall . Trade well my friend ... :smt023

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:11 am

Hello Fellow Traders!

Hope you all had a great year! Here's to 2017! Happy New Year!

doji

CBM

Postby CBM » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:55 am

Hello Doji.
Happy New Year to you too! Your thread along with dchappy's has been one of the greatest inspirations in my trading journey.
Have been lurking on the forum for a couple of years and hope to be able to contribute in 2017.
God bless you and wish you continued success in life and trading!

Return to “beginners forum”