A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:47 am

Great to see the old timer traders still around. I still love to ponder on MO's post. I must admit the past 6 months they seem to be better explained or I am in a better place trading. Space, still baffles me though...lol. On the other hand stacking has worked for me just fine.
Pro, haven't heard from you in a while, great to see you still trading, though I must admit, I'm still not sure if you have made it yet or not. I hope your still making progress. Touch base with me when you have time. I would be interested in the ebooks you sent Mo? I'm still working on my weight now that I'm on a c-pap machine and sleeping like a baby.
The following is for the few that seemed to notice my trading is down to one way all the time now and a explanation of why I take reversals when im wrong with no fear of being wrong twice in a row. (It does happen rarely, but statistically less than 5 percent).
I get pms and emails of why I am not around any more. Trading for me really took off once I quit with the forums. I was addicted to them. Bit more lonely but it's worth the trade off. Tip, once you master a method, stick with it and become a perfectionist. Trading is a blessing for me and my family and I am very greatfull to all here who helped me over the years.

Never give up.
Shout out to Tro! Still follow you on YouTube.

dojirock 8)
Attachments
2015-07-08_2126.png
2015-07-08_2126.png (111.64 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 am

It is nice to see you around Doji :)

Posting on forums can be destructive because all of the things that should be in the
back of your mind are brought to the front as you try to convey your understanding
to others; you are not even aware of the chaos within yourself until you step away.

I do think that it is better to just collect your thoughts and put it all in one ebook
instead of spreading your thoughts across several threads/posts like dropping letters
from an airplane...I am working on that now.

As far as weight is concerned, PRO and others seem to have found success on the
'carb nite solution' lifestyle :smt106

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:35 pm

MightyOne wrote:It is nice to see you around Doji :)

Posting on forums can be destructive because all of the things that should be in the
back of your mind are brought to the front as you try to convey your understanding
to others; you are not even aware of the chaos within yourself until you step away.

I do think that it is better to just collect your thoughts and put it all in one ebook
instead of spreading your thoughts across several threads/posts like dropping letters
from an airplane...I am working on that now.

As far as weight is concerned, PRO and others seem to have found success on the
'carb nite solution' lifestyle :smt106

Sometimes I have to stay away from the forums for mental
Health break. #-o

I got myself in shape by doing 30 minutes of medium intensity
Cardio and weight training 4days a week. I also ate enough
Carbs to maintain workout energy and the same with calories.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:04 am

Captian,

Great observation.

This is what it comes down to for me. As Tro has always stated that price is the same on any time frame. Knowing this and that price action moves the same way on any instrument is the biggest key to trading any index.
Charts change and manipulate how price is viewed due to it being chained to time constraints of the viewed chart.
Renko and Range bar charts, do they not manipulate price also based on point size restrictions to paint there picture? This is the artistry of chaos and confusion.
Knowing that price always moves in the "abcd" pattern is huge. I have learned to view price in each direction. You will have this pattern in both directions on any depiction of price movement. They even counter each other. BUT, only one direction can win out. Price can only go up or down, not both directions at the same time. Think of it as this , can you walk forward and backwards at he same time? Everyone of my trades is now drawn as a pattern up (bullish) and a pattern down(bearish) then i "see" who wins out. Learn to read price on any instrument laid in front of you and fear vanishes. We all know what a force fear plays in our ability to trade. Basic rules have come down to this for me.
a) Assume green candles form the lows 1st followed by the highs.
b) Assume red candles form the highs 1st followed by the lows.
Do they really? I assume percentage wise "yes" due to it works with a very high success rate.
c) Every trade I take has a pattern up and a pattern down and they can overlap but only one will win out.
d)ONLY 'cd' legs can become 'ab' legs. Many traders dont use fibs correctly.
e) Price retraces to 23.6 to 50 percent of the 'cd' leg for entries.
f) Read price, dont be bound by the charts perception of price based on anything besides price (no time, no point moves)
g) I look at 'b's' as zlines and 'a,s' as my something line.
h) Use the same pattern to define your Money Management and its nearly impossible to lose.
I dont mean I dont have losing trades! Im talking about the basket of trades for that cycle.
My goal is 20 pips a day. ITS ALL ONE NEEDS.

The above works with any indicator, psych line, trendline, ect. Why? Because your reading price as the primary decision, based on a reference point of the other three. They are just reference points on a chart just as the time and point based illusions are.
Trading is simple. I used to hate when Tro would say this. I once was a disbeliever. I can care less if I lose a trade. I know I can cover it in the same basket.

attached is another example from last week.
Hope this helps.

Doji
2015-07-08_1358.png
2015-07-08_1358.png (42.01 KiB) Viewed 4231 times

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:50 am

HEY thanks Doji

I better put that chart back since you were kind enough to answer.

I decided not to bug you with my ramblings, especially after thinking about what MO wrote - so I pulled the post - but since you did........

I will edit this text after waking up properly and rebuilding the text as best as I remember

OK, as I must be the slowest here - I shall ask

thanks for posting that chart Doji

The Chart grabbed my attention somehow and I kept both thinking and coming back to it.

Can you tell me if there is any truth to this markup?

It is marked up using two TF's the m30 and m5

I also referenced this link to theFour Stages of Competence Which goes some way to understanding why MO posts his stuff and remains a master at trading and other great traders struggle if they try to help - Then I go and ask stupid questions - even tho i know this! :shock: :oops:

Ignore the bit on the chart that says "or 'b' here" plainly,price had not printed the m30 yet

2015-07-11_1326.png
2015-07-11_1326.png (187.81 KiB) Viewed 4221 times

Thanks so much for your answer mate - Its so much appreciated - and its going into areas I had not thought of - so I will have to think about it when I wake up properly :)
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:05 am

No worries,

I still check in on weekends.

doji

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks Doji - It must have been a blow to write that brilliant reply, only to see the question evaporate! :oops:

I think I rebuilt the essential text - the question was really the markup anyway

sh*t now I have a couple of unforeseen questions - I am going to think long and hard before I ask tho :D

I certainly can see the failed "A" - nice and subtle. And a lovely trade it was old chap.
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:02 pm

ok - 'cause of the nature of the statement I have to ask at least this :)

On point d)

"d)ONLY 'cd' legs can become 'ab' legs. Many traders don't use fibs correctly."

If you can find time, would you mind expanding on what you mean by the red text.

Thanks for your time Doji.

On these two charts - and if memory serves, on other charts you posted - you seem to naturally home in on the indecision rangy area of price before a move - the bit before a decision is made- would this be correct? both these trades were in the Asian range - that may be just because of where your timezone is

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 am

Here captain,

A couple more charts... to observe.

8)
2015-07-16_2032.png
2015-07-16_2032.png (81.41 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
2015-07-16_2039.png
2015-07-16_2039.png (38.71 KiB) Viewed 4102 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 am

What the heck!

Posting a buyzone trade.
2015-07-16_2134.png
2015-07-16_2134.png (32.54 KiB) Viewed 4097 times

Return to “beginners forum”