A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newscalper wrote:
MightyOne wrote:There is no resistance until price closes lower than something.

I would avoid drawing lines altogether and simply ask your inner child what it sees.

Get a pint of liquor and keep sipping until it all makes sense; that is how I learned ;)

That could be a single red bar after a perceived high. It closed lower than the high. And I'm sure we're all beyond taking 1 bar reversals?

If we are beyond taking one bar reversals then we are beyond taking all reversals.

You knit rules into a comfort blanket, but this same blanket obstructs your view. If you burn your blanket, if you wrap yourself in discomfort, then you will see deeply and your internal understanding will grow.

For the purpose of space/stacking this is how you are to trade:

-Your 'position' is a stop loss order on a larger chart, there is no way around this!
-When you 'add' you are trailing your stop along the chart as price is moving in your favor.
-When you 'add' you are cutting your risk box and increasing your reward multiples.
-If you ignore the above universal laws of making money then you error greatly.
-Your entries literally do not matter if you have good position; if price is not moving towards your stop then it is moving away from your stop, that is all she wrote.
-Acceptable risk levels & large profit targets determine where you should enter.
-Timing is the '10% skill' part of trading.

So you're saying that everything re zline - forget it?

What's always puzzled/worried me re the space approach is this:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

roctao

Postby roctao » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:04 am

Hey news I hope you don't mind me offering my two cents,.. take all that you are working toward and throw it out and go back to price action only.
You are way over thinking all of it to the point that you are failing to see any of it. You will get this.. the day after you let go of it.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 am

Yes, there are days when I wish that I could just sit you down at a table with a red pen and a ruler. :lol:

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 am

MightyOne wrote:

Yes, there are days when I wish that I could just sit you down at a table with a red pen and a ruler. :lol:

Draw me some red clown cheeks and hit me over the head with the ruler

:lol:

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 am

roctao wrote:Hey news I hope you don't mind me offering my two cents,.. take all that you are working toward and throw it out and go back to price action only.
You are way over thinking all of it to the point that you are failing to see any of it. You will get this.. the day after you let go of it.

No, I don't mind but...WTF??? :)

1. Forget everything...ok because none of this s**t works for me
2. Go back to price action only...what does that mean??? All this stuff IS price action only?
3. I'm over thinking - why/how?
4. I'm failing to see any of it - any of what? What am I failing to see? What am I supposed to see? If I don't know where to look I won't find it.
5. I can't do magic eyes either
6. It's bad form to ask but are you profitable?...because everyone on forums professes to be but the reality is otherwise. I'm not afraid of saying what is: I am not profitable: be wary of from whom you take advice

:lol:

Thx anyway :)

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:15 am

Here's today's f'k up

pp2

Postby pp2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm

News ...

"2. Go back to price action only...what does that mean??? All this stuff IS price action only? "

I don't see bar charts as real PA, can I suggest you use a line chart daily for bias. I did notice you use H4 heavily. MO did say not to look at things so rigidly in this case H4 bars

"3. I'm over thinking - why/how?"

For starters I've noticed you've been posting many different charts, some doji style, some sema style etc.... look back at your posts for the last few weeks and you should see you really are doing that. (u were posting charts on space just recently :shock: )

Plus one gripe about your charts is that it is difficut to interpret what you're thinking since all I seeing is you posting without much of a mark up and why you put bias here or line there.

If I'm finding it difficult to read your charts, maybe it be difficult for some of your peers to help you??

Unless it's only me being thick and everyone else knows what you're talking about :D

pp2

Postby pp2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:33 pm

newscalper wrote:Here's today's f'k up

Why is the bias short here? Can you explain in your own words

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Daily's are closing down, you have supply levels descending on the shorter TFs and you're aiming to short off the daily high. Bias DOWN

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:44 pm

pp2 wrote:News ...

"2. Go back to price action only...what does that mean??? All this stuff IS price action only? "

I don't see bar charts as real PA, can I suggest you use a line chart daily for bias. I did notice you use H4 heavily. MO did say not to look at things so rigidly in this case H4 bars

"3. I'm over thinking - why/how?"

For starters I've noticed you've been posting many different charts, some doji style, some sema style etc.... look back at your posts for the last few weeks and you should see you really are doing that. (u were posting charts on space just recently :shock: )

Plus one gripe about your charts is that it is difficut to interpret what you're thinking since all I seeing is you posting without much of a mark up and why you put bias here or line there.

If I'm finding it difficult to read your charts, maybe it be difficult for some of your peers to help you??

Unless it's only me being thick and everyone else knows what you're talking about :D

Just because you see a sema on a chart does not mean I'm trading sema style - I don't even know what sema style is.

I'm trading the same thing over and over and over. Close over close under. What closes over what is open to interpretation. The charts are marked up. I often post multiple charts in the same post. I post more charts per post than most and I do show what I'm doing. I show the exact entry and the exact exit. What more can I show?

Do you want me to write step by step in every single one?

I post most of them live you know.

It's just a different template and you'll notice the others use different templates all over too, I hear no criticism of that...apart from me :lol:

Right...a line chart is PA...riiiighht, no it just shows a history of closes with fixed time intervals, the same as bars. Explain please otherwise it means FA. :lol:

What's wrong with posting something about space - is trying to understand something wrong??

It's like this.
I'm trying to understand what Dragon and Doji are doing and that's it.
Every time I post a losing trade everyone else wades in with multitude ideas and opinions. Then Mo will add about something else different then start saying it's all not necessary and space is king etc. So I'm trying to understand about 5 points of conflicting information and my own screwy ideas too :lol: :lol:

This is where you draw a line says trader 1,
This is where you draw a line says trader 2
(all different)

Stop drawing lines - Mo-

Look whatever it is I'm supposed to SEE. I don't SEE it.

If it's supposed to be feelings and emotions and airy fairy nonsense then I'm lost. I can't comprehend it.

And the money management thing - I posted some charts.

One down bar and you're screwed with it.
Last edited by newscalper on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”