A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi,

Really great to see the individual, independent traders on this board posting again, sharing quality strategy ideas, charts, etc. For a while, it had gone almost silent except for the spammers and scammers.

Great trading to all,
Ric
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Well, I feel official. Today I opened a tradestation forex and futures account. Now I just need to learn the platform.

Hope fully I can alter my indicators to run on TS fairly easy.

doji
:oops:
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 pm

You know more than you think you do. I have seen you display it.
No quitting. No trader left behind. Your one of the reasons I still post.
You quit, then I have really wasted my time. And failed in a sense.
Problems arise when you take all the things you know and try to combine them. They all dont work together.

Take a break... Then come back. We will be here for you.
I will be backtesting on TS and be able to show you one way, consistant, that works. We just need to figure out which way suits you best!

hang in there!

doji

newscalper wrote:Thanks for the charts Doji, really appreciate it but still unclear.

It looks like you're entering on the basis of a single bar breaking the upper line (of a red bias zone) or the lower line (of a green bias zone), in which case, why were they called bias zones? i.e. a zone defining bias, when that is clearly the exact opposite of what they are, or are they?

I don't understand how that correlates to 'it takes momo to break momo' when you're defining momo as an RB? If momo is an RB, it takes an RB to break an RB and that isn't what you're drawing?

I don't know - I thought that was just indication of it being wicked? I'm still no wiser how you're fitting the 2 TFs into that? Unless there's then a pullback on the lower TF forming an RB followed by a single bar break again? But I was trying to show that with the prior charts I put up showing the 2TF RBs, it just doesn't happen that way. Or is the larger TF you're talking about used to define a range between a long and a short RB and then you trade between the two on the shorter TF?

The confusion across the board arises because no-one is able to explain it consistently...either that or we're all just thick. Which is likely :lol: And still, where is the exit, because especially with stacking, you are going to lose big time unless you know where you're getting out.

I really appreciate all the work you're putting in, I really do, but it's just getting more unclear as it goes on.

For example showing RBs on a day chart on one currency then a bunch on an H1 on a totally different currency, in total means? Are they supposed to correlate or something?

I'm on the verge of giving up TBH, all I do is lose money and I feel I've completely wasted 5 years of my life. Much of it trying to understand what's on kreslik :lol:

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Ask yourself,

How many pips per day?
How many percent per day?
How many $ per day?

Pick on and get a plan. Know where your going.
Lack of confidence, start on the low side.
Confidence, start on the high side.

Yellow Black
5-10 pip stop

What can you do?

doji

kiss- keep it simple stu......
Attachments
gbpusdmm15.png
gbpusdmm15.png (28.82 KiB) Viewed 3341 times

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm

doji

I have some of TRO's free TS indicators if you need them.

Not on site often but check in every so often.

rr

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Dan wrote:
newscalper wrote:Thanks for the charts Doji, really appreciate it but still unclear.

It looks like you're entering on the basis of a single bar breaking the upper line (of a red bias zone) or the lower line (of a green bias zone), in which case, why were they called bias zones? i.e. a zone defining bias, when that is clearly the exact opposite of what they are, or are they?

I don't understand how that correlates to 'it takes momo to break momo' when you're defining momo as an RB? If momo is an RB, it takes an RB to break an RB and that isn't what you're drawing?

I don't know - I thought that was just indication of it being wicked? I'm still no wiser how you're fitting the 2 TFs into that? Unless there's then a pullback on the lower TF forming an RB followed by a single bar break again? But I was trying to show that with the prior charts I put up showing the 2TF RBs, it just doesn't happen that way. Or is the larger TF you're talking about used to define a range between a long and a short RB and then you trade between the two on the shorter TF?

The confusion across the board arises because no-one is able to explain it consistently...either that or we're all just thick. Which is likely :lol: And still, where is the exit, because especially with stacking, you are going to lose big time unless you know where you're getting out.

I really appreciate all the work you're putting in, I really do, but it's just getting more unclear as it goes on.

For example showing RBs on a day chart on one currency then a bunch on an H1 on a totally different currency, in total means? Are they supposed to correlate or something?

I'm on the verge of giving up TBH, all I do is lose money and I feel I've completely wasted 5 years of my life. Much of it trying to understand what's on kreslik :lol:

News, don't talk crazy. This is also my 5th year, I've spent hours on hours every week night watching charts( after brutal days at work), reading forums and too much time going through things on weekends. How can you get as good as Doji if you give up? you'll never know if you give up now. Some of us aren't naturals so it takes longer to "get it".
The best advice I can give you is have a few weeks off, you are over trading and probably just burnt out.
Stop over analyzing everything and just let it sink in

2 t/fs, the higher one has the overall bias.

eg 1hr and 15min.
only trade with and never against the 1hr momentum/zlines untill 1hr momentum over takes the last zline. Thats why the rockboxes work because they show if momentum has been over taken to make a new trend or just a retrace and continuation.

I don't have time right now to explain it with a chart but i'll get one up soon.

As far as the stacking goes, I stack when price has closed over a 15 or 5 min zline that was going the opp way as the 1hr, this shows that the retrace has failed and price is now falling in line with 1hr direction/trend. I bring my stop to b/e on stacks that way you never lose them, and can always enter again.

Dec and Jan were really good months for me but so far this month its turned to $%^ because I've been getting cocky haven't followed the rockbox rules or basically i've been trying to pick the tops and bottoms, its hard to change old habits.

Let your mind rest and let things sink in. Hope this helps.

I'm not overtrading. I've placed 2 trades all year.

5 years is just looking at Kreslik, I've been trading MUCH longer.
Look.
You say 2 TFs - right there. Sorry if you only look at 2 TFs you have NO idea what you are trading into. I see it again and again, look at 2 low TFs go straight into higher TF momo/bias zone/supdem, whatever. You've got to be aware of those places.

Conversely, they fail as often as they hold. Have you actually tested ANY of this stuff against random entry and just managing the trades as you do anyway?? I've done extensive testing on other methods in the past, not mechanical but bar by bar manual testing in forex tester over years worth of data and it took me months and the consensus was that you win when the market trends and you lose when it ranges, and it's trade management that makes the difference.

Now, going back to what you've written. on the face of it, very clear....but it absolutely isn't. I don't want to sound condescending or demeaning but it sounds like an excited child that's just found something and is trying to tell its parents. It's so excited (which to me says it's good btw) that what comes out is just a jumble of half sentences and ideas.

Look - you say trade in the direction of H1 momo/Zlines.
Firstly a zline can be ANYWHERE within the lower 50% of a large H1 bar. The same with the 5 and 15 lines you mention (what????? 5 minute Zlines - where have they come from, you're looking at 2 TFs, 5 minute? when??? where???). Then this is tallying somehow with RBs, which RBs, which TF? 1Hr, M15? M5???

You do realise that an RB on H1 is not showing H1 momo in the sense of how momo was defined from day 1 don't you, it's more like H4 momo?

Then you have 2 issues. what appears to be a z-line on H1 is an RB defined from EITHER M15 or M30, so RBs are not a definite object.

Then RBs, formerly called bias zones, because they show bias are nothing of the sort because we're looking for them to fail/break, i.e.an H1 bar closes over an M15 or M30 bias zone creates an H1 Zline. But sometimes you aren't, you're looking for them to be wicked and price to continue in the same direction: a complete 180 degrees in logic.

And then how does the formation of these things correlate to zlines and stacking on opens etc - what opens? What timeframe etc etc.

It's all completely in the air and none specific. I've been hanging around here for years and can't make head nor tail of it so how can anyone else?

BUT just looking at H1 is not enough.

Look at the EJ trade, Doji was saying short. What happened? Blasted straight through long. What about this??????????? I ask. Nothing. No comment, no reply.

Guys, seriously....I've lost far too much money and far too much of my life with this. The special lines aren't it. It's your trade management doing it if you 're making money.

Why is ANYONE incapable of putting it in terms like TRO always has done?

1: Price is within 20 pips of daily low
2: Red Candle Closes
3: Green Candle Closes

Yes, there's more to it than that but if you cannot boil it down, you do not have a method.
Last edited by newscalper on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 am

dojirock wrote:You know more than you think you do. I have seen you display it.
No quitting. No trader left behind. Your one of the reasons I still post.
You quit, then I have really wasted my time. And failed in a sense.
Problems arise when you take all the things you know and try to combine them. They all dont work together.

Take a break... Then come back. We will be here for you.
I will be backtesting on TS and be able to show you one way, consistant, that works. We just need to figure out which way suits you best!

hang in there!

doji

Ive not looked at the newest charts just yet....

NO, you have not failed in ANY way.

I HAVE.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:16 am

So be it...

Look at the EJ trade, Doji was saying short. What happened? Blasted straight through long. What about this??????????? I ask. Nothing.

Not stopped out......
Still active trade.......
Still waiting.......

doji
Attachments
eurjpyh1_b1.png
eurjpyh1_b1.png (44.5 KiB) Viewed 3328 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 am

Break of a 15 min RB....tells me momentum has shifted short......
Now I put on my red rat sneakers.....
Mark only Blue/White colorchanges. (zlines)
Ask myself...what does price do around those zlines?

4 stacks...

doji
Attachments
eurjpymm535.png
eurjpymm535.png (31.52 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
eurjpymm1534.png
eurjpymm1534.png (30.2 KiB) Viewed 3321 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 am

5th Stack
Attachments
eurjpymm536.png
eurjpymm536.png (30.91 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

Return to “beginners forum”