A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

raw

Postby raw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 pm

This is seriously messed.... 15 pips in the last 20 min.
Attachments
audjpym1.png
audjpym1.png (27.82 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

raw

Postby raw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

You're a bad man doji :twisted:

12 ma helps too. 25+pips already, since using the box method.
Attachments
audjpym1.png
audjpym1.png (36.67 KiB) Viewed 3395 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

:smt066
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:19 pm

rboxes are making the light bulb above my head bling :D

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:38 pm

4 steps, plain English, no cryptic bullshit...

People think that I am cryptic when in reality I couldn't possibly explain the exact steps for seeing & drawing things like this:

For you to have any hope of understanding I have to redefine a triangle (double hooks), explain that triangles are related to channels and follow many of the same rules as forks, that despite you seeing a flat top/ascending/wedge that you have to reimagine it as a pennant or cone, that although you see steep angles the market is moving much slower that it appears & the angles used must be softer.

see --> reimagine --> truly see

*takes a deep breath to continue*

I have to explain that fast moves are not part of triangles which in turn is not part of a channel...

(why do you think that fast moves / momo is so important?)

...because triangles and channels are related to one another & that which is not a related thing breaks the shape & signals that one should take action.

The exact steps are that you have to have a broad understanding.

So you see, things are only "cryptic" because you currently lack the wisdom that is gained through experience and an unhurried understanding.

raw

Postby raw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Insane trade Judo...

I could only manage 3 stax, I was gonna add a 4th but tp is real close.
Attachments
audjpym1.png
audjpym1.png (39.25 KiB) Viewed 3516 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Mo, I was one of those that thought you had a decypher key or log book to unravel everything you used to say and post. With your great amount of patience and as I picked things up step by step, the ball of yarn to knowlege began to unravel. Your exactly right, in it being very difficult to make it black and white. Thanks again!

I was re reading the thread and about page 50 seemed to be where the content is still revelent. Before page 50 was the time I thought I knew what I was doing but was still off base in alot of ways. I noted too the BIAS discussions and the traders struggling with it started back in pages 60+ and lurks for quite some time. Bettlebox has some awesome charts explaining entries also if that is what you stuggle with.

Hope this helps

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

MightyOne wrote:

People think that I am cryptic when in reality I couldn't possibly explain the exact steps for seeing & drawing things like this:

For you to have any hope of understanding I have to redefine a triangle (double hooks), explain that triangles are related to channels and follow many of the same rules as forks, that despite you seeing a flat top/ascending/wedge that you have to reimagine it as a pennant or cone, that although you see steep angles the market is moving much slower that it appears & the angles used must be softer.

I have to explain that fast moves are not part of triangles which in turn is not part of a channel...

...because triangles and channels are related to one another & that which is not a related thing breaks the shape & signals that one should take action.

So you see, things are only "cryptic" because you currently lack the wisdom that is gained through experience and an unhurried understanding.

I dono, I kinda like the way you present your information... the fact that you don't just drop the information on us in one go makes the journey that much more enjoyable... Its like reading a great story (which the market is in my view)...

It detracts so much more from the experience of reading or listening to a great tale being told when we already know the good guy dies at the end... It makes it so much harder to connect with the charecter when we know that building any form of lasting relationship will only lead to our eventual disapointment...

I must say, being dysleksic, it takes me longer to get my head around the study of a lot of information, hence why I skip a lot of information on these forums... A picture is worth a thousand words in my view, and as I say to traders that I now mentor. The truth about price action in the markets is hiding in plain sight and you can't see it until it reveals itself to you through hours of honest endevor...

So MO, don't sweat the peanut gallery... haters are gonna hate...

I know that the people that count on this forum appreciate your efforts and I look forward to turning the pages everyday and learning more about that which hides in plain sight... The picture above has just mind raped me in so many good ways I can't wait to take its application further...

So Rock on!
:smt065

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 pm

What Jal said

ditto

hey - I am also lixdexic

OH - Thanks for all your time and effort Mo
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:40 pm

MightyOne wrote:

I used to teach for a living.
That's all ill say.

Return to “beginners forum”